PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Muskwa & Kayleigh

Glacier
10-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Yesterday, Muskwa turned 8 and today is Kayleigh's 7th birthday. They are radically different dogs and have brought many different things into my world...

Muskwa was my introduction to huskies. He was 7 months old when I started dating the man who is now my husband. He hated me. I was taking his Daddy's attention away. I put alot of time and effort into winning Muskwa over. It's partially worked. He comes to me when he's sick, injured or just needs some loving. He will not come just because I called him..he will only come if Stuart calls him. He's been a very tolerant soul. It used to be just him, a cranky old German Shepherd(RIP Cobber) and his daddy. Then I came along and insisted that he could not eat my cats. I distracted his daddy and had the nerve to add a few new dogs along the way! ;) Muskwa is our alpha male dog. He rules his pack with great authority, but almost never turns to aggression. Somedays I still have to remind him that he is not my alpha too, no matter how much he would like to be. He's a funny dog, too smart for his own good, gorgeous, and a delightful companion.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/musk_house.jpg

Kayleigh was our fifth dog. She's a handful, a constant challenge, especially in a home with so many other animals. Kayleigh was really meant to be an only dog, but life didn't give her that. She got us instead. Her other option was to be euthanized. She has issues, but many of them are not her fault. She has bad genetics and had a really bad first owner. She didn't need to die for those things, we all just needed to make some adjustments. Kayleigh has taught me many things. I'd never dealt with dog who'd been starved or who was dog aggressive before her. The dogs who have followed her to her our home have likely benefited from what she taught me-- especially her primary lesson--patience, patience and more patience. She's come a long way in many ways. She's a handful, but she's a lot of fun too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/notready.jpg

They are both celebrating by playing in the first big snowfall of the year!
Happy Birthday, furheads.

poofy
10-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Oh what great pictures..wow, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you!!! :D
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/happybirthdaygif.gif

finn's mom
10-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Happy Birthday, pretty dogs! I love your stories that always accompany great photos!

lbaker
10-21-2005, 02:12 PM
All of your dogs are great, beautiful and have such warm, wonderful stories I just love hearing about them and seeing their pictures. Your cats too! I'm glad Muskwa listened to you when you told him he couldn't eat your cats :eek: ;)

CagneyDog
10-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Happy Birthday Muskwa and Kayleigh! I hope you two have a great time playing in the snow!

Queen of Poop
10-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Happy Birthday Muskwa and Kayleigh. Know that you are loved by your mommie and daddy and all of us around the world. :D

Husky_mom
10-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Oh so many years of joy...........me and my pack wish both many more, and have a great Birthday full of love, and games, and FOOD :D :D

congrats to you too Glacier (and hubby)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-21-2005, 03:22 PM
You sure have the most beautiful huskies I know!!

lv4dogs
10-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Wow a back to back birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

PJ's Mom
10-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Awww. What great stories. :)

Happy Birthday, Muskwa and Kayleigh. :)

cyber-sibes
10-21-2005, 04:40 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUSKWA & KAYLEIGH!!!
What gorgeous dogs you are, and soooooo loved!
Thanks for sharing them with us, Glacier, we love them, too!
Sending slurps from Sherman, & woo-woos from Star

Lobodeb
10-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Oh, happy birthday Muskwa & Kayleigh! Such beautiful names to go with beautiful dogs!

I hope you guys have an extra special day.

Glacier, some doggie pics in snow would be much apprciated! :D

tatsxxx11
10-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Happy Birthday beautiful Muskwa and Kayleigh!:) Hope you two are enjoying a joyful birthday romp in that first snow! How we love it when your wonderful Mom shares her touching tributes to her beautiful pups with us! Congrats all around!:)

Ginger's Mom
10-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Happy Birthday Muskwa and Kayleigh!!! Happy birthday to two very special and lucky dogs. I was going to ask for picture of the snow games, too. :)

Daisy and Delilah
10-21-2005, 06:51 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUSKWA AND KAYLEIGH!!!!!!! We hope you're having fun in the snow!!

Glacier, I could never tire of reading the wonderful tributes you write about your dogs. No matter what qualities they have, good/bad, you always make each one of them sound like he/she is the only dog you own. Thanks for sharing.

We hope all you doggies have a blast in the snow. Just what you were waiting for. :) We can't wait for the snow pics. Just what we've been waiting for :D