PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please for Mama Cat

Donnaj4962
10-21-2005, 09:56 AM
I haven't said anything before, but I have been helping to foster a mama cat and her litter of 4 kitties. Mama is an indoor/outdoor cat, belonging to one of the maintenance men in my apt. complex. Well, mama became pregnant (she looks to be only about 9 months old, at the most) and she had her babies on someone's back patio. The owner of the complex immediately took the babies and mama and put them in a vacant apartment. They are being well taken care of, and I go over every night to give everyone some lovin' and to get them accustomed to people. Mama is a wonderful mother, and has taken very good care of her babies. They all have become quite spoiled.... lots of toys and love from myself as well as the wife of the complex owner!

Mama is going in for her spaying today (compliments of the apt. complex owner and his wife!). Please say a prayer for her that she will come through the operation fine and that she will soon be back with her little ones (who are about 4 months old now and just adorable!)

She had 4 little ones, but one has been adopted. So the three that are left are awaiting a furrever home, and they are so adorable that I am sure it will happen soon! I wish I could take one, but I can't do that to 17 year old Tabitha, who barely tolerates 2 year old Sasha as it is!

Please, send some warm wishes and prayers to Ft. Wayne and "mama" that all goes well today. Thanks.

orangemm
10-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Dear Mama, I hope your little operation goes smoothly and that you are soon back with your babies! You were very lucky to pick a place like that apt. building to have your little family; not many strays have such luxurious accomodations.

Wish I could take one of the babies................... :(

Corinna
10-21-2005, 10:08 AM
What a great apt owner you have . Many points building in heaven for them. Prayers for homes and an uneventful spay. (babies are just about old enough too. )

catmandu
10-21-2005, 10:19 AM
We too pray,for that Momma Cat,to survive that operation,andonce again be with her Babies.
My Poor Karina would have become a Found Cats,if she ahd lived.
And if you adopt a Kitten,your 2 year old Cat,will have someone to play with,and if the Kitten,is like Scrappy 2,she will charm your 17 year Old Cat,too.

Felix
10-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Thoughts and prayers are with the mama cat for speedy recovery from the operation and the return to her babies.

Donnaj4962
10-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Mama cat is to be picked up this afternoon, and I will go to see her immediately after work. All of the kitties are truly blessed to have found such a welcoming place to live! The owners of the complex (husband/wife) are two very different people.... she kind and adoring, and he is a big bear (with teddy bear tendencies! :) ) She talked him into allowing the kitties to stay and he is being very accomodating, especially with paying for the spay!

Thanks for the information about the kittens being ready for spay also! The new purrents have all agreed to spaying! Everyone is spoken for except one cutie, all black! Very shy little one.... cannot even tell what sex he/she is! I hope to find out this weekend so that we can start working at getting him/her adopted! They truly are adorable... very playful and fun!

If necessary, I will take mama back to my place to keep her rested. The owners live at the property, but usually go away every weekend, and I go over all weekend to check on them! This weekend I will be there more than usual!

Thanks for your support! :)

QueenScoopalot
10-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a great couple to allow mama & her babies their own apartment. :eek: And then to pay for the spay as well...lucky mama cat, and her babies. Do you know if the vet gives discounts? If not here's a source for low cost vouchers (available by phone, or internet) 1-800-321-PETS or on the web...www.friendsofanimals.org One thing to check with F.O.A is if there's a vet near you that accepts their vouchers. ;) Sure hope the babies get great forever homes too. ;) :)

smokey the elder
10-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Those people are sure keepers! If only more landlords were like that. Good luck with the kitty family.

tricollie4me
10-22-2005, 08:30 AM
I'm so pleased that this scenario turned out as well as it did...the outcome could have been drastically different if not for the loving care and attention of the complex owners and you! You've been a huge contributor to this little kitty family's success...kudos!

Donnaj4962
10-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Thank you all for your wonderful well wishes and great suggestions! Mama cat is doing GREAT! I checked in on her last night and played with the kitties for almost an hour. Thought I might be able to tire them out so that they would leave mama alone to rest! :confused: I checked in again this morning and she is very alert and purring as usual! I will keep checkingin throughout the weekend! I am having a couple ov "overnight guests" tonight.... children of some friends, and they are anxious to play with the kitties! That should help mama to be able to rest again tonight. Thank you again! You are all so supportive! :)

momcat
10-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Bless all of you for caring enough to help this kitty family!!! Because of your efforts there will be a happy ending. Happy to hear that mommy cat is doing so well and is taking such good care of her babies. Here's hoping each of the kitties will find furever love in a good furever home! Will mommy cat be adopted when she's ready?

Donnaj4962
10-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Another update....

I spent some time at the "kitty condo" this afternoon and again this evening. Everyone seems to be doing quite well! The kitties are so active and mama is so patient with them! Everyone is eating, peeing, and pooping!

Mama cat and one of her babies willbe going to a wonderful home.... another one of the maintenance guys and his wife. They already have collars, so they are waiting for mama to be better. One other has alrady been adopted and is gone already. As for the other two.... one is being considered and there are no takers on the last one. (Although I am re-thinking about not getting another kitty!!!!!) Mama is a tuxie, and so are 2 of her little ones. One of them even has a cute little white line going down his nose! The one that is already gone was a grey and white tuxie and the last little guy is all black. I was calling him "blackie" and decided I didn't like that so I started calling him "B" and that has now become "Beastie" because he loves to climb all over me! Such sweethearts... and I know that I have been blessed to be included in this happy little family!

I knew I loved living here.... and this just makes it all worth it! I love coming home from work, spending some time with my girls, and then heading over to the "kitty condo". How lucky am I????

Thanks again for all of your support and kind words!

rg_girlca
10-23-2005, 12:30 AM
I am so glad that this story has such a happy ending. What fabulous owners you have to place mama and her babies in an empty apartment. Tell them that PT gives them a BIG THANK YOU.

I'm glad to hear that mama is going to a good home with one of her babies and that another kitty is already in it's new forever home.

I hope and pray that the other 2 will be adopted very soon.

momcat
10-23-2005, 12:02 PM
What wonderful news! It's so good to know that mama cat is doing so well and has been adopted with one of her babies! :) I'm confident that the others will find furever homes very soon. It's also reassuring to know this little family was in such a caring place, how many kitty families would get their own apartment? Bless each of you for all you have done for this kitty family! :) :) :)

orangemm
10-23-2005, 12:29 PM
What a relief to hear that all the babies (well, almost all) are going to be adopted and Mama, too! That is just wonderful news. She sounds like such a good mother to her babies and I am just thrilled that she will have a furrever home.

So many times the kittens overshadow the mothers and their needs are neglected. Not this time. Everyone in your area has been more than accomodating for these creatures. What wonderful people! Please tell them that everyone here considers them super people!!

Do you think B will be one of yours soon???? ;) ;) ;)

Donnaj4962
10-24-2005, 06:28 PM
I have no intention of adopting "B".... at least that is what I say everytime I think about it. Then I go over for a visit, and he steals my heart again!

He is just adorable. He just sits there and gives me that look like.... come on, chase me and lets have some fun! :)

I don't know. Maybe he will be a new addition, although my boyfriend says, "no more". But he is in Florida and I am in Indiana. Maybe what he REALLY means is no more once I am living there! Hmmmm. Please, no one mention this to him, and it will just be a surprise when I arrive with 3 kitties! :eek: Time will tell! Thanks for the great wishes! PT is awesome! I am so glad I found this site!

momcat
10-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Don't worry, your secret is safe here. Would you give the baby a few doses of lovebug from me? Oh yeah, one more thing... how about some pictures? Don't forget the mandatory PT cuteness overload warning!! :) :) :)