PDA

View Full Version : Meko's at the vets (pics too) UPDATED with TIKI news

lv4dogs
10-21-2005, 09:06 AM
I had to drop Meko off at the vets this morning. She's had diarrhea on & off for 3.5 days then last night her third eyelids were elevated a little.
I'm thinking and hoping she just has tapeworms or another easy to treat parasite as she is completely healthy & normal otherwise.
I have not seen any segments or anything in her feces but that doesn't really mean anything. And I couldn't get a fresh sample for the vets either. So she's there, hopefully she will go for them or they will have to take some out manually. :eek:

I hope thats all thats wrong with her.
If you can keep her in your thoughts today we'd greatly appreciate it.

Here she is this morning, wanting to stay in bed all day.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/100_0434.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/nanryk/100_0435.jpg

orangemm
10-21-2005, 09:58 AM
OH, poor girl! Meko, honey, I hope your stay at the whitecoat's is short and uneventful ;) .

Keeping paws and fingers crossed that it's nothing serious!

Donnaj4962
10-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Poor Meko! Hope you are feeling better soon! Lots of prayers and warm wishes coming your way!

Felix
10-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Poor kitty :( thoughts are with you today...hope you feel better soon.

catmandu
10-21-2005, 10:26 AM
We are praying that Mekos stay at the Vet,is a short one,and that she will soon be home again,with her Meowmie.
Orange Blossom,will stay with Meko,to help her not feel afraid!

CalliesMom
10-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Poor thing. Hope everything works out at the vet.

lv4dogs
10-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Well it's not sounding good. I called the vets to check in on her & the receptionists puts me on hold a few times, finally says that I'll have to speak with the Vet about Meko.
I am really hoping it is just to treat my others for parasites but I don't even know if that is what they found or not.

I am on my way there in a few minutes. I don't know if she can some home or what.

And I am really sorry but I don't think I'll be able to update until Monday. If you's can keep her in your prayers a little longer we'd oh so appreciate it.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Poor Meko...., she looks so sick :( . I will pray that the vet finds the reason for the diarrhea as soon as possible! In the mean time they will give Meko fluids .
Get bettersoon, sweet Miko!!

orangemm
10-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Will keep this sweet darling in my thoughts and prayers. PLEASE keep us posted.

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Poor Meko. :( I sure hope that it's nothing serious. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

lv4dogs
10-24-2005, 11:02 AM
I had to talk to the vet about Meko because they couldn't find a single thing wrong with her other than her third eyelids. Fecal came up negative but she was given drontal just in case the parasites weren't sheding anything at that time. They gave her some fluids as a precaution. Her diarrhea stopped that night though. Her third eyelids are just starting to get better too!

Now it's Tiki, he's completely fine except he has diarrhea now and he's missing the box, he goes RIGHT next to the box. I think that it is because he's not feeling well and wants to make sure I know. :p But otherwise he is acting, eating, drinking, everything normal. He was also dewormed just in case, which I did Friday night. The diarrhea isn't getting any better though. IF it is a parasite it may take a few days so I'll just keep a close eye on him. If he worsens he's going right the vet or if he doesn't improve within about 2 more days I'll bring him in then.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Here's hoping that Meko and Tiki take their meds ok and are parasite free! :)

rg_girlca
10-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm glad to hear that Meko's diarrhea stopped and that she is looking better.
Stay well pretty girl.

I pray that Tiki starts to feel better real soon.