PDA

View Full Version : Driver goes 3 miles with lodged body

Kfamr
10-20-2005, 03:22 PM
http://stpetetimes.com/2005/10/20/Tampabay/Driver_goes_3_miles_w.shtml
Video available here:
http://tampabays10.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=20176
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't believe this. It's absolutely insane. WHY was this man driving!?!?

elizabethann
10-20-2005, 03:27 PM
OMG, that is so awful. That poor pedestrian. The driver should be held accountable for his actions.

Husky_mom
10-20-2005, 03:40 PM
what the "$%&* was this man thinking, even if it did "fell from the sky" anyone wouldīve stopped to see what happened, not drove away like anything happened. OMG he mustīve been REALLY messed up. :mad:

JenBKR
10-20-2005, 03:42 PM
That's horrible! I think that at a certain age people should have to re-take their driver's test, then re-take it every year after that. I remember a case similar to this one, but it was a woman driving, and drove all the way back home and parked her car in her garage. She supposedly came into the garage several times after that to 'chek' on the guy she hit. Thankfully, he was able to reach his cell phone and dial 911. She was held accountable. So sad. She claimed that she just didn't want to have her license taken away...

JenBKR
10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
I had the story a little wrong. He didn't get to his cell phone, and died. Here's the link:

http://www.wftv.com/news/2295744/detail.html

lv4dogs
10-20-2005, 03:46 PM
That is terrible! It doesn't matter where the body comes from you don't just keep on driving when you've got a body going through your windshield.

Yes, you should have to re-take your drivers test at a certain age, then every so many years after that too.

jackie
10-21-2005, 05:27 AM
The man is obviously not "all there" mentally. :(

beeniesmom
10-21-2005, 08:36 AM
I am truly sorry for the older people here but I truly believe that NOONE should be allowed to drive after a certain age.
I think ANNUAL driving tests should be the norm for people over 70.

moosmom
10-21-2005, 08:44 AM
I also agree that after a certain age, people should be retested. They should also have their eyes and hearing checked!!

What this man was doing driving is beyond me. He had no business being on the road. To NOT see or hear what he had done??? :confused: :eek:

But I do understand that when people get older, their biggest fear is losing their independence. I experienced that with my father. And he was only 69!!! But he was an alcoholic and I didn't want him driving to the liquor store and killing someone or himself. So I took his truck key away. Smart little bugger that he was had a spare hidden in his wallet. I didn't find it till after he died and I was going through his things. :eek:

Van10
10-21-2005, 09:34 AM
I also agree that after a certain age, people should be retested. They should also have their eyes and hearing checked!!
My thoughts exactly.
Poor pedestrian! :eek: :(

ramanth
10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Would he be held responsible if he hit a child!? Disgusting. I don't care if he was aware of it or not. If he didn't realize he had been in an accident, he shouldn't even be on the road.

:mad:

lvpets2002
10-21-2005, 01:30 PM
:( OMG how so horrible & to think the driver still does not know anything happened :confused: && Please do not give his Car & Drivers Lic. back to him.. :rolleyes: