PDA

View Full Version : almost laid off.

davidpizzica
10-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Around the 15th of november (weather permitting) I'll join the ranks of the unemployed! This will be my third year of doing this. Don't worry, I'll sign up for unemployment and be on PT a lot more!

Killearn Kitties
10-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Just think, you will be able to get up late on thos horrible winter mornings! :D

Logan
10-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Well, at least in your case, it is an expected, annual event, David. Still a bummer, though. I guess living where you do, it probably is a good thing! Working on a golf course in a cold winter would not be fun, would it??

We live on a golf course and those guys pretty much work year round and I hear the mowers going early in the morning, every morning of the week, all year round. Of course, I'm much further south than you. Even on days I wouldn't think of being outside, those avid golfers are out there! :)

davidpizzica
10-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Just think, you will be able to get up late on thos horrible winter mornings! :D I also won't worry about snow shoveling except around my house. Also I can spend a lot more time with the kids. Marigold is making progress, but she still likes to be alone in her safe place.

davidpizzica
10-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Well, at least in your case, it is an expected, annual event, David. Still a bummer, though. I guess living where you do, it probably is a good thing! Working on a golf course in a cold winter would not be fun, would it??

We live on a golf course and those guys pretty much work year round and I hear the mowers going early in the morning, every morning of the week, all year round. Of course, I'm much further south than you. Even on days I wouldn't think of being outside, those avid golfers are out there! :) Logan, on my golf course there are some diehard golfers (I think they're nuts!) that will play golf in the snow! With colored golf balls.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
There's something to be said for being able to sleep late on cold snowy mornings while the rest of the world digs out of snow piles! :D

moosmom
10-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Logan, on my golf course there are some diehard golfers (I think they're nuts!) that will play golf in the snow! With colored golf balls

My father, bless his soul, was one of those diehards. He had 2 color golf balls. A red one and a glow in the dark orange, JUST IN CASE there was any snow on the ground or it got dark out before he finished playing.

I still for the life of me can't understand why some people like chasing around a little ball. Oh well. Guess it's an acquired sport. Wouldn't mind having some of the acquired $$$$$$ that goes along with being one of those diehards, say Tiger Woods???

Corinna
10-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Welcome back to our world . I 'm off til Aprl too Hello pet talk . !!!!

carole
10-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Ah they say every cloud has a silver lining my friend, so it will be great to see you able to participate in PT more, I miss your threads, and I am sure the furbubs will appreciate your presence as well. :)

trayi52
10-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Well, David as long as you are happy with it, then I am happy for you!

Willie :)

davidpizzica
10-20-2005, 05:37 PM
My father, bless his soul, was one of those diehards. He had 2 color golf balls. A red one and a glow in the dark orange, JUST IN CASE there was any snow on the ground or it got dark out before he finished playing.

I still for the life of me can't understand why some people like chasing around a little ball. Oh well. Guess it's an acquired sport. Wouldn't mind having some of the acquired $$$$$$ that goes along with being one of those diehards, say Tiger Woods??? Donna, I'd like to have HALF of the money Tiger woods makes! My dad was also a golfer. You're not going to believe this, but my dad at the age of 89 played 7 holes of golf carrying his OWN golf bag!! I hope that when I reach 89 I can do as well!

G535
10-20-2005, 11:21 PM
At our age I'm afraid being unemployed is just another fact of life, at least you have a sense of humour and can enjoy it! Your cats will love you more too as they'll see so much more of you.

Oggyflute
10-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Donna, I'd like to have HALF of the money Tiger woods makes! My dad was also a golfer. You're not going to believe this, but my dad at the age of 89 played 7 holes of golf carrying his OWN golf bag!! I hope that when I reach 89 I can do as well!

David I think I would settle on a measly 10% of Tiger's earnings. :D

JenBKR
10-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Yay, more PT time!! My uncle does the same thing, he is a retired teacher.

Logan, on my golf course there are some diehard golfers (I think they're nuts!) that will play golf in the snow! With colored golf balls.

I fear that my grandfather and father may be some of those diehards! Not so much anymore though. I'm not sure where they golf though, but they probably have been to your golf course ;)