PDA

View Full Version : Shiloh has bladder cancer

Sudilar
10-20-2005, 11:02 AM
She just had a pneumocystogram done and she if filled with transitional cell carcinoma. I just received the call. We are going to see the vet in an hour. It does not look good at all. I will be losing another precious baby in less than one year most likely. Prayers needed. Probably no miracles here.

lv4dogs
10-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh my goodness Sue, my thoughts are certainly with you in this hard time. That is so sad. I will light a candle and some sage in honor of Shiloh today. We're sending positive thoughts your way. Good luck sweetie.

They thought Raustyk had that last year, she went through so many tests, they didnt' find anything certain but they sure did find some precancerous cells, she has to have tests done every 6 months to monitor it. So I can relate or semi-relate to what you're going through.

Jamieejo85
10-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh my gosh, this is horrible! I feel so bad for you and your precious Shiloh. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

GoldenLuv
10-20-2005, 11:21 AM
oh no i am sooo sry to hear this

thoughts and prayers coming your way

ramanth
10-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Oh Sue. :( :( *HUGS*

This is so unfair that you have to go thru this.

As it has been said over at the Cat Forum, it's time to SPOIL, SPOIL, SPOIL!

I'll be thinking of you two.

beeniesmom
10-20-2005, 11:38 AM
So sorry. :(

4 Dog Mother
10-20-2005, 12:31 PM
Oh, Sue, I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep you and Shiloh in my thoughts and prayers.

Cinder & Smoke
10-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Hi God ~

Need Your Help fur our Buddie Shiloh.

Her White Coat thinks she's purdy sick ... We're all gonna kross Pawz & Klawz,
send sum Purrayers, an lite sum Kandilz to help her out.

Shiloh sure misses her RB Brudder Killian;
but she nebber said she wuz puttin in fur a Transfur up to da Bridge ...
We'd all like her to hang around down her keepin Mom kumpanie.

Thanks God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

lizbud
10-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Sue,

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope the Vet has some treatment options
to offer. Prayers on the way for your beautiful girl.

pitc9
10-20-2005, 01:08 PM
OMG Sue.... I'm sitting her at work with tears rolling down my face for you and Shiloh. You both will be in my prayers.
I don't know what to say... I wish I knew the perfect words to say to you to comfort you... {hugs}
Please know that we all are here for you... always.
Hugs and prayers from me, Sierra and Buddy.

cyber-sibes
10-20-2005, 01:12 PM
:( We'll be saying prayers for you and sweet Shiloh. (((hugs)))

Flatcoatluver
10-20-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm so sorry! I will be saying my prayers for shiloh tonight :(

Kfamr
10-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Sue, I'm in tears for you. I'm so very sorry. I remember "meeting" Shiloh and Killi as some of the first PT dogs I saw on here. I know how very special the both of them are to you. It's too bad that we have to say goodbye to such wonderful beings.
I really hope this isn't the case, and that Shilioh will be with you for a while to come.
{{HUGS}} to you both and I hope for a miracle. Please keep us updated. {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGSS}}}}}}}}}}}}

Logan
10-20-2005, 02:00 PM
I can't say anything, Sue, that the others haven't already said. It is so hard for you to be dealing with another illness like this so quickly on the heels of losing Killian. :(

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Shiloh as you begin this battle. Enjoy EVERY day!!!

Logan

Daisy and Delilah
10-20-2005, 02:03 PM
OMG. This is such sad news. Not again :( My thoughts and prayers are with you and sweet Shiloh. Please God, let Shiloh be okay :(

momoffuzzyfaces
Oh, Sue, I'm so sorry!

Prayers on the way from me too. :(

Samantha Puppy
:( Thoughts and prayers coming to Shiloh and you.

PJ's Mom
10-20-2005, 02:08 PM
My heart and many good thoughts are going out to you and Shiloh. :(

Sudilar
10-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Thank you all.
There will be no miracles here, as I feared. It is end stage. There is nothing we can do but sustain quality of life for as long as possible. Prognosis is 3 months to 6 months. Medication is the only option...piroxicam and an antibiotic (Primor 1200). I have been crying all day. I am at a loss.
A few months ago, she had blood in her urine which was cleared up with antibiotics. The bleeding came back full force this Tuesday evening. Today we had the pneumocystogram and ultrasound done. She is full of tumors. It is unoperable. The vet says that she does not appear to be in pain and that her general overall health is good.
Our goal is quality of life.

Logan
10-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Please give her a gentle kiss from me, Sue. She's such a beautiful girl.

I know you are beside yourself with worry, but like you said, "Quality of Life", and that's the right approach.

Hugs to you. Wish I could give you one in person. :(

Logan

jackie
10-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Enjoy the time you have left with her. Thinking of you both.

tatsxxx11
10-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Oh Sue, my dear friend. I can't believe what I'm reading:(:(:( To have to face this heartbreak so close to the passing of your beloved Killian is almost too much to bear:( Please give Sweet Shiloh a hug and kiss from her Aunt Sandra and bestest bud Star. I'm utterly heartbroken for you Sue:( I will be keeping her and you in my prayers, Sue. We love you Shiloh.

Love, Sandra

caseysmom
10-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I don't know what else to say this is so sad. Enjoy the time you have left it is precious.

Crayons09
10-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi, im new here. I would just like to say my RB bridge sheltie named Hugo had bladder cancer. We had the tumor removed in october of 99 (i think) and they said he probably wont live to see Christmas. He lived a to see 2 Christmas' so dont give up hope. He also had the same symptoms as your dog. The blood in the urine. It also cleared up with antibiotics and came back. I know how you are feeling right now. :( All i can say is spend as much time with your dog as you can right now. Here is my e-mail if you ever feel the need to talk about it [email protected] also my aim is crayons09. I will have you both in my thoughts and prayers. Don't think about how much time you have, think about the way you will spend what you have.

poofy
10-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Im so sorry for you both. :( :(

Rachel
10-20-2005, 03:12 PM
This is too sad to even think about. I am so very sorry. You of all people should have been spared another heartache. Shiloh is a strong and brave girl and will do the best she can for her Mommy. May her days be filled with special dispensations from this terrible battle she is fighting. In honor of her fight, let's all realize just how precious the time with our fur kids is.

luvofallhorses
10-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Oh my goodness! :( I'm SO sorry. :( ((((HUGS to you and Shiloh))))

Kole03
10-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi, I had to make a name so I could post on your story. You had me crying just thinking about what it was like when my dog died, then thinking about your pain. I know how you feel on losing your best friend. However I don't know the exact circumstances on the illness, but it is hard to go through a death. I wish there was some way I could help you rather than just posting a comment but I do hope this serves as some sort of comfort for you.

I wish you the best of luck with Shiloh and pray that she continues to bring you joy even after God has called her home. Once God calls her back try to stray from the sad thoughts of not having her, but the happiness of being able to share your life with someone so special. I'm sure she couldn't have asked for a better life than the one she has with you.

If you ever need to talk feel free to IM me (FiestySheep17). I will keep you in my prayers.

Jadapit
10-20-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm so very sorry! :( You and Shiloh both will be in my thoughts.

anna_66
10-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Sue I'm at a loss for words. I just can't imagine the pain you are going through right now.
I don't want to repeat everyone else any more than I already have, please know that we are all here for you...to lean on, to share with.
Many {{{HUGS}}} to you...Stay strong.

ChrisH
10-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Oh, Sue, my heart is breaking for you. Sending prayers for you both.
Please give your beautiful girl a kiss and hug from me.
{{big hugs}}

Chris

chocolatepuppy
10-20-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm so sorry. :( I will keep both you and Shiloh in my thoughts and prayers.

Pam
10-20-2005, 07:15 PM
Sue I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say. I know that you know we are all here for you and you and Shiloh will be in our prayers. (((hugs))) Sadly, my co-worker's 13 year old sheltie just got the same diagnosis last week and was given the same prognosis. :(

wolf_Q
10-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh Sue I'm so sorry to hear this. I know Shiloh means so much to you. :( Enjoy your time with her. {{Hugs}}

Sudilar
10-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.
I will have to stop crying and being sad around her, she is not gone yet...., but it is so very very hard not to cry. I will have to make a big effort to be upbeat by her, so she doesn't pick up on my sorrow. (Easier said than done.)

k9krazee
10-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Oh I'm so sorry :(

trayi52
10-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Praying for the both of you. :(

Willie

Cincy'sMom
10-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Oh Sue!! I'm so sorry. Hard as it is, enjoy your time with her. She is such a special pup and you havebeen through so much together.

4theloveofzoe
10-20-2005, 09:12 PM
She just had a pneumocystogram done and she if filled with transitional cell carcinoma. I just received the call. We are going to see the vet in an hour. It does not look good at all. I will be losing another precious baby in less than one year most likely. Prayers needed. Probably no miracles here.

{{{Sending hugs}}} I know how hard it is to go through this. My family and I had a bulldog named Bandit, that had penile cancer. He lived for 2 months after the diagnoses. Just enjoy every day that you have with her.
I pray that she won't suffer too much, and that she'll have a couple of years left for you to enjoy her.

K9karen
10-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Dear Friend Sue, my heart is breaking with you. I know you're inconsolable right now. Please know that from the depth of my being, I pray that Shiloh's time here is happy, peaceful and pain free. This is so much so soon. I know you need "your" time, but if you feel like talking, please contact me. You were there for me and I so appreciated it. :(

RobiLee
10-20-2005, 11:00 PM
I wish I had some magic words to help you through this difficult time. I am so sorry and will keep you and Shiloh in my thoughs.

{{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
10-20-2005, 11:34 PM
oh sweetie - I am so sorry.
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Corinna
10-20-2005, 11:36 PM
I know its hard but enjoy the remaining time , you will know the time when it comes . I just knew with Merlin and if the experaince can be called good his last day was.
I send you hugs and prayers.

cloverfdx
10-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Sue prayers and good thoughts are on the way for you and precious Shiloh {{Hugs}}. Spoil her and cherish every day.

*Tears* :(

lizbud
10-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Sue,

Just wanted to let you know that you & Shlloh are in my thoughts and
prayers.I pray that God grants her many, many more happy and painfree
days to come.Give tons of hugs & try to enjoy each and every precious
day. Hugs from Liz, Smokey & Maggie.

wolfie
10-21-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Shiloh. I know it must be hard not to be sad around her. Give her a big hug for us, okay.

pnance
10-21-2005, 01:39 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Shiloh. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I have friends going through bone cancer with their dog. Like Shiloh it's untreatable and once the initial shock wore off they decided not to focus on it, just to enjoy their last few months with her. She was always pampered, but now they make that extra effort to take her to all her favorite spots and forget dog food she gets ham, fish, etc. They know the day will come when pain meds won't work and they'll have to make that decision, but for now their just enjoying the time with her...Hugs and prayers

Thandi
10-21-2005, 02:56 PM
So sorry to hear about Shiloh, but I know you'll cherish every minute together.

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-21-2005, 07:26 PM
I'm so sorry :( I don't know you too well but from your posts I can tell just how much Shiloh means to you, atleast she's not in any pain at the moment and just try to make everyday as good as you can for her. I can't even imagine what you're going through :( :(

Rachel
10-22-2005, 08:00 AM
I will have to stop crying and being sad around her, she is not gone yet...., but it is so very very hard not to cry. I will have to make a big effort to be upbeat by her, so she doesn't pick up on my sorrow. (Easier said than done.)

:( :( :( I know, I know. :( :( :(

K9soul
10-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Oh Sue :( :( There are no words to express my grief at seeing this news. Please know that from far away, I'm wrapping my arms around you, holding you tight and crying with you. You and Shiloh are in my prayers.

Lord, please give Sue and Shiloh as much time together as possible before calling her home. Please fill Sue with your strength and love during this extremely heartwrenching time. Amen.

Kfamr
10-22-2005, 10:36 AM
(Easier said than done.)

This is so true, Sue. So hard, but so important. I hope you find the strength you need, and please know that we are all here for you, as you can see...

{{{HUGS}}}

Kay

*LabLoverKEB*
10-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Oh, Sue.... I'm soo sorry to hear about this awful news. :( But I'm going to try to say HAPPY things. :) :p

I'm pretty sure that shiloh will be with for a very long time to come, Sue!
I will most deffineatley be praying for your sweet Shiloh. ;)

Albea
10-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Dear Sue, no words are enough to tell you how sorry I am for Shiloh and you. Whoever said life is not fair was so right. It's not fair for you to go through so much grief in such a short time.
Please know that you will be both in my thoughts and prayers.
Alicia

Sudilar
10-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Words cannot express my great appeciation of all of your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I am trying so hard not to feel sadness when I look at her. I speak to her in my "happy voice" and I hope all the hugging she is getting doesn't give my true feelings of unbearable sorrow away.

This morning the vet called and said that the bloodwork came back with no surprises. He wants to see her this week to check her bladder to see if it is growing......if it is then the end may be sooner.

I need to be strong and not mourn Shiloh BEFORE her passing, but it is so terminal....not like Killian (with him we could fight his diseases)......so hopeless.

Hugs to you all and be sure to give your furbabies all a big hug each and every day.

CagneyDog
10-22-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm so sorry :(

{{{hugs}}}

finn's mom
10-22-2005, 02:07 PM
I hate to hear about a family going through something like this. I'm so sorry that you are.

tatsxxx11
10-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Thinking of you and beautiful Shiloh and sending you both our love, Sue.
{{{HUGS}}}
Sandra and Star

Logan
10-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Sue, I hope you and Shiloh have been able to get outside and enjoy the day, today. It was just lovely here in SC. It always helps to be outdoors with our furry ones, I think.

Still praying, my friend. :)

Love,
Logan

Sudilar
10-22-2005, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=Logan]Sue, I hope you and Shiloh have been able to get outside and enjoy the day, today.

Yes, we took two walks today and I plan on doing that every day when the weather is tolerable (even when it snows) because she loves to go. The only problem is that when we are walking and it is nice and quiet, I start to think about how all three of us used to go for walks (Killian, Shiloh and I) all the time.......

She is eating only a little of her food (something I am supposed to watch out for), but she is eating goodies and people food. She wouldn't eat the tuna we gave her, though, and she never turned down people food before. I hope she starts to eat more tomorrow.

K9karen
10-23-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm glad Shi is enjoying her walks. It must be torture for you. I'm so sorry. I've been thinking of you constantly, and wishing I could give you a hug in person. She doesn't seem to be in pain, which is such a relief. Please tell her that her auntie Karen and cousin Klo love her very much.

Sudilar
10-23-2005, 10:13 AM
You all are giving me the strength to go on. I only wish that all the love Shiloh is receiving from all over the world could save her! Again, from the bottom of my broken heart......thank you so much.

KYS
10-23-2005, 10:22 AM
I am so sadden to hear about Shiloh.
I can not think or say anything that will give you
comfort.

I will wish that you have many more walks and charished days with her.
(((HUGS)))
Karen

Cinder & Smoke
10-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Sue ~

Remember that Shiloh's Book of Memories hasn't been filled up -
there's still some blank pages ...

Enjoy each new day with her ... fill up some more pages.

{{{Hugs}}}

/s/ Phred

Rachel
10-24-2005, 06:20 AM
Sue, know that I am thinking of you every day, even if I'm not posting here. There just doesn't seem to be words to deal with this. I wish for some warm sunny fall days to soothe Shiloh and you, even if the relief and pleasure can only be brief. Somewhere, someone must have the answer on how to face this type of situation. I am not the one because all I can do is cry.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-24-2005, 06:45 AM
As I am mostly on the Cat section, I only saw this thread now :(

OMG, this is terrible news..... . Isn't there anything rhat can be done to save her anymore? This must be so hard for you and your family... . Give your sweetheart Shiloh a gentle hug from me :)

Karen
10-24-2005, 07:33 AM
You and Shiloh are, of course, in our prayers.

My "Aunt" Dottie, whom I may have mentioned before here on Pet Talk, was a smoker who died of lung cancer. The long summer she was dying, she told my mother (they were lifelong best friends, born two days apart) that it was okay, she was glad to at least have time to say good-bye to people.

This is your sweet time to enjoy Shiloh, knowing what is coming, but treasuring every quality moment you can have. There will be a time for more greiving later, but for now, just love her up. Give her a great big hug from me, okay? My very first dog was a Shepherd mix, smartest dog in the whole wide world. Aunt Dottie, by the way, *always* had a German Shepherd, my whole life. The first one, though, Kaiser, I never met. He was skittish of small children, and I was too completely fearless to be trusted not to run over to hug him.

ramanth
10-24-2005, 01:31 PM
I hope it's not growing and that that gives you just a little more time together. *HUGS*

Thinking of you and Shiloh. I'm happy to hear she's enjoying her walks.

LuvGold00
10-24-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear! Best wishes and prayers are heading both your ways!

ChrisH
10-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Sue, just to let you know you and your sweet girl are still in my thoughts and prayers.
{{hugs}}
Chris

boxer_babe
10-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Poor baby! I'm sorry! I can't imagine one of my dogs leaving like that....

PRAYERS FOR SHILIOH!

Sudilar
10-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Thank you for your continued prayers. We are having a very hard time here. Shiloh was up almost all night asking to go outside...but not having in her anything to urinate out. Tomorrow is her follow up vet visit and I fear the worst. She is no longer eating anything but a few crumbs of goodies. Shes's been out almost all morning (which is not like her...she stays inside with us always). It was a beautiful morning at least. The end is nearer than I thought... I hope we don't have to make that decision tomorrow... I would have liked at least one more month.

Pray that I have the strength to do what must be done.

Ginger's Mom
10-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Prayers going out for you and Shiloh, Sue. I am so sorry.

lv4dogs
10-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Oh Sue, I wish there was something I could do, anything to help you in this time of hardship. I'm in tears here reading everyones posts. There sure is a lot of love going out to Shiloh & you, and you's surely deserve it. I want you to know that we've been & will continue to think about you's everyday. I pray for only the best for Shiloh.

{{{hugs}}} sweetie.

Cinder & Smoke
10-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Herrow??

Oh, HI, Killian!
Nice you hear frum ya! ...
Sure! We'll hook ya rite up with your Mom ... Yapp away!! ...

HI, MOM, Killian here!
Sure do *miss* you, Mom - an Shiloh, too.

I jest left a meetin wiff God inna Bridge Offiss ... HE sed
"We've got a problem down on the Ole Dirt Ball ~
your Sister Shiloh isn't feeling well. Maybe it's time to Call her up here
to The Rainbow Bridge to get her fixed up.

I sed "But God - Mom will be so lonesome wiffout any Dawgs inna howze..."

He sed not to wurrie ... there's a few Shepherds inna Shelter that
need a Gud Mom ... and if you don't go *pick* wun ...
HE's gonna send a Pup ober to sit onna back porch! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

I'll be ridin as Ko-Pilot (God's drivin) when we come down onna
Silver Klowd to pick Shiloh up ... Let us know when she's ready.
An don't fret - I'll be takin GUD care of her till we meet you on The Bridge.

**Kissies**, Mom!!

/s/ Killian
--------------------------------
<sniff> http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

We got it, Killi ... we'll put it onna Pet Talk Wire rite now.
Say "HI" to our GranMom (wiffa big *kissie*) fur us, will ya?

/s/ the Prayer Pups

momoffuzzyfaces
10-26-2005, 01:28 PM
My heart is just breaking for you.
All I can offer are prayers!
Lots of prayers for you and sweet Shiloh!!! :(

Sudilar
10-26-2005, 01:44 PM
That is beautiful, Phred, Cinder and Smoke... You always know EXACTLY what to pray for. Hugs.

I have to look at it that way....she'll be with Killi, the one she loved the best.

I just have to be sure that her time is completely used up...look at every angle...could the med be causing her not to eat? Fear of a pill being hid in the food? Is she emptying her bladder fully anyway...but just has the feeling of having to "go"? The vet will be getting a lot of questions from me tomorrow. Right now I have a call in asking about giving her something for her stomach if the Piroxicam is causing a problem. I want her with me as long as possible as long as she is not suffering, but is she in pain...she is so strong...how will I know for sure.

This is so hard.

Thank you, again!!

lv4dogs
10-26-2005, 02:39 PM
That is beautiful, Phred, Cinder and Smoke... You always know EXACTLY what to pray for. Hugs.

I have to look at it that way....she'll be with Killi, the one she loved the best.

.how will I know for sure.

This is so hard.

Thank you, again!!

Phred said it so well! That was beautiful.

When the time is right you will know.
{hugs}

ramanth
10-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Many more *hugs*. Somehow, Shiloh will know how to tell you. *HUGS*

joycenalex
10-26-2005, 08:47 PM
my darling duke let me know, clearly when it was time, shiloh will let you know too...((hugs)).

shais_mom
10-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh Sue - I sit here with tears streaming down my face especially after reading Phred's message.
I am thinking and praying for you and Shiloh.
Sending lots of Love.
Staci
Keegan
Kylie
Kloe

K9karen
10-27-2005, 01:11 AM
It's now Thursday. I'm afraid to think that by not hearing from you Sue, that Shi's vet appointment wasn't pleasant. I'm beyond sadness.
I had once asked my vet (about Cody) how I would know when it was time to let go. He put his hand on my shoulder and said "You'll know". I had no idea how to interpret that. But on that fateful morning, when I looked into his eyes, I knew. And I knew that he knew. It was unexplainable.
Before I even read Phred's beautiful post, I told Pam on the phone the other day, that I can imagine that Killi is waiting for Shiloh and will make sure her trip to the Bridge is safe and peaceful.
Please know, that whatever has happened that my prayers are with all of you.

Pam
10-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Sue, know that I am thinking of you every day, even if I'm not posting here.

Sue that's me too. I just don't know what to say because I know words are just words and what you really need are just prayers and love and we are all sending you plenty of that from our hearts. Phred's prayer was beautiful, especially the part about the cloud. Made me tear up. :( I hope you are strong enough for whatever today brings. (((hugs)))

Logan
10-27-2005, 07:39 AM
We're all right here, praying and hoping that you will have some more time with Shiloh, Sue, if it is meant to be. I know you are very worried and upset. I do hope you will get some of the answers you need today.

We'll be right here waiting for your update.

Love,
Logan

Karen
10-27-2005, 07:40 AM
We are all here for you, post when you can. Hugs being sent!

Sudilar
10-27-2005, 05:49 PM
The news is not good. I feel sick to my stomach.
Her bladder is growing, she cannot empty it. It is in danger of rupturing (very painful) which would require euthanization anyway. She still won't eat and can only pee dribbles. It is not good. On Saturday at 11:00, she has another evaluation of her bladder. If it is not improved or even bigger, she will be gently sent on her way to her brother, Killian. She will be taking what's left of my broken heart. This is just too fast. Just last week she was diagnosed and now she will be gone. I am devastated.

Kfamr
10-27-2005, 05:51 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

:(

Cinder & Smoke
10-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Dear Sue,

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif Sorry, but I don't have anything to say that will help.

Just try your best to enjoy Shiloh in whatever time you have left together.

We'll all be with you and Shiloh in Spirit on Saturday.

{{{Hugs}}}

/s/ http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif Phred

Pam
10-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Sue I have no words either. I hope you can feel the love. We all grieve with you.

k9krazee
10-27-2005, 06:26 PM
I am so sorry :( :(
((((((((((((((Hugs for you and Shiloh))))))))))))))))))

Ginger's Mom
10-27-2005, 06:27 PM
I am so sorry. I know how very hard this is. As Phred said we will all be with you and Shiloh in spirit on Saturday. I will be praying for you and sending you hugs.

dab_20
10-27-2005, 06:45 PM
i am sooo sorry. :( :( shiloh is such a cutie. sometimes i wonder how god can make us suffer like this. but sometimes we can do nothing about it. i really hope shiloh will be one of our miracle fur babies! my thoughts will be with you on saturday. i know how it feels to lose a beloved dog. but not two in one year. my heart breaks for you.

thoughts and prayers to you and shiloh.

-Danielle, Molli, and Sammy ((((HUGS))))

Logan
10-27-2005, 07:13 PM
We all grieve with you, Sue, as you would with any of us, and will, in the future. :( :( I'm so sad that I don't know what else to say except to let you know that we love you and are right here, whatever you need.

Logan

Sudilar
10-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I truly appreciate you all.

She just threw up her meds and she won't eat. This is so hard.

Cinder & Smoke
10-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Sue ~

Have you tried any of the Good Stuff yet?

Hamburger / Hamburg + Rice
Sliced Roast Beef
Beef Veggie Soup
Chip-Chop Ham
Yogurt
Chicken
Pizza
Sausage
Ice Cream
Cheese

The Muttts will even *do* Spaghetti & Lasagna!
I'd say try anything you have in the kitchen.

Give her a another BIG {{{HUG}}}

/s/ Phred

shais_mom
10-27-2005, 10:50 PM
I am so sorry Sue and your entire family- sending you love and thoughts and prayers across the miles.

sammy101
10-27-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm so sorry Sue :( Kodie,Lucy and I will be sending prayers and thoughts for Shiloh.

{{{hugs}}}}

captain
10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Sue,

Words cannot express my sadness at reading this .......... and to have only seen it now .........

You and the darling Shiloh, are in my thought always.
{{{hugs}}} to you ............ I wish I could do more

Love
Michelle

ChrisH
10-28-2005, 02:58 AM
Oh,Sue :( :( You are both in my thoughts, my prayers and my heart.
{{{hugs}}
Chris

Oggyflute
10-28-2005, 04:08 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you and Shiloh, Sue. I wish I could do more for you. As you said there are thoughts and prayers for you from all over the world.

lv4dogs
10-28-2005, 09:10 AM
I want you to know that if we could do anything we would, in a heartbeat. We are all here for you. I want you to know that we love you & are thinking about you & Shiloh all day everyday. Hugs sweetie!

finn's mom
10-28-2005, 09:15 AM
I've been reading this daily. It makes me cry every time. I'm so sad for you and Shiloh. I feel helpless to do anything, and, wish that I could. All I can do is send a bit of my heart over there to you and yours.

tricollie4me
10-28-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm so very saddened by this news...lots of comfort and gentle loves to Shiloh.

bark_some
10-28-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm sorry :( HAVE THOSE HAPPY MOMENTS WITH HER

ramanth
10-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Sue, my heart is breaking. :( *HUGS* We're thinking of you.

lizbud
10-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Still think of you Sue & Shiloh. I wish the Vet could come up with some
kind of medicine to help Shiloh's stomach settle enough for at least the RX
to stay down. :( I feel my words are poor comfort to you now Sue, but
they are all I can offer. Prayers are being said everyday for your sweet
girl Shiloh. {{HUGS}} Liz.

sewmisskitty
10-28-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear what you're going through, it must be heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you. I hope Shiloh makes it.

pnance
10-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cinder & Smoke
10-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Hi God ~

Have You heard frum Shiloh tuday, God?

Wonderin iffin You kuld hop onna RedEye Klouwd an then ride ober to the
Hoppsbittle wiff Shiloh an her Mom inna mornin?

Be really *nice* if You were there ta gib Mom a big {{{God'sHug}}}
an hold onta Shiloh's Paw.

We're all Hopin fur da Best ... but as always ...
may Thy Will be Done ... You know whut's best.

Thanks God.

/s/ the Prayer Pups

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

PJ's Mom
10-29-2005, 01:05 AM
This thread breaks my heart everytime I come in to read it. :( :( I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's just not fair. :(

Please know you and Shiloh still have good thoughts and prayers coming to you from Texas.

RobiLee
10-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and Shiloh. I'm fighting tears right now and all I can say is, I'm sorry. I'm so terribly sorry. I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow. {{{HUGS}}}

K9soul
10-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Sue, you and Shiloh are in my thoughts and prayers. I only wish there were more I could do :(. We are all here for you Sue, as you go through this, to share our virtual open arms and our tears. Sending gentle hugs across the miles.

ptcindy
10-29-2005, 11:02 AM
My heart just broke again when I read your message. I lost my Shiloh, a Sheltie, just one month ago to bladder cancer. I miss her so much. You're in my thoughts.

Karen
10-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Still in our prayers, poor Sue, poor Shiloh.

Pam
10-30-2005, 04:53 AM
I am up very early this morning after gaining that extra hour of sleep and you came to mind as I was waking up. I am still holding you and Shiloh in my thoughts Sue. (((hugs)))

Cincy'sMom
10-30-2005, 07:35 AM
You are stillinour thoughts and prayers.

Cinder & Smoke
10-30-2005, 09:41 AM
Please God, be with Sue and Shiloh in their time of need.

Rachel
10-30-2005, 09:43 AM
The news is not good. I feel sick to my stomach.
Her bladder is growing, she cannot empty it. It is in danger of rupturing (very painful) which would require euthanization anyway. She still won't eat and can only pee dribbles. It is not good. On Saturday at 11:00, she has another evaluation of her bladder. If it is not improved or even bigger, she will be gently sent on her way to her brother, Killian. She will be taking what's left of my broken heart. This is just too fast. Just last week she was diagnosed and now she will be gone. I am devastated.

Sue, at this time I don't know the results of Saturday's appointment, but my heart grieves for you and Shiloh either way. I know the lightening speed of this situation developing is an awful shock, but seeing her in such distress just might the worse scenerio. No one can fully understand and appreciate the extent of what you are going through, but based on our own experiences we know the pain of this is seemingly more than one can bear, yet somehow, with God's help, we do. Know how much we care about the both of you.

lizbud
10-30-2005, 10:57 AM
Oh, I had not read the post that Rachel just quoted. :(

Sue, I am so, so sorry for you & your dear, sweet girl Shiloh. :(

Ginger's Mom
10-30-2005, 11:25 AM
I, too, am still thinking of you and Shiloh. {{{Hugs}}}

Cataholic
10-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Sue, you and Shiloh are in my prayers. :(

Cinder & Smoke
10-30-2005, 07:31 PM
:confused:

Does anyone have Sue's Phone Number?

Someone should call and offer a phone {{{HUG}}}.

/s/ Phred

Logan
10-30-2005, 07:54 PM
My dear Sue, I'm worried after being away all weekend. I just wanted you to know that I am here now and sending my prayers.

Much love,
Logan

dab_20
10-30-2005, 08:34 PM
please sue, tell us shiloh isnt getting worse. any news???

ramanth
11-01-2005, 04:00 PM
I'm still very much thinking of you Sue. *HUGS*

Pam
11-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Sue we haven't heard from you in a while and I am worried. Please, when you are able, check in. Lots of love and hugs still heading your way. (((hugs)))

lizbud
11-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Sue,

I feel as Pam does and I check in daily to see if there is any word on
Shiloh. I am thinking and praying for you both.

Logan
11-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Me too. :( We're here in support, Sue.

Logan

Kfamr
11-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Sue, I hope your silence means you're just spending your time with Shiloh. Please check in with us when you can, we're all here and we'll always be here for you and Shiloh. {HUGS}

Kay

finn's mom
11-02-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm thinking of you guys...I hope you and Shiloh are together, and, everything is stable...hopefully what they say about "no news" is right. :(

pitc9
11-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Thoughts and prayers to you!!!!

lv4dogs
11-02-2005, 09:28 AM
We're still thinking of you. Continued prayers to you sweetie.

Rachel
11-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Today I have the sad mission of reporting that Sue's Shiloh has passed to the Rainbow Bridge. All efforts to ease her suffering were in vain and this Monday Sue had to do what we have dreaded and that is to help her pass to the Rainbow Bridge where there would be no more pain or suffering and she would once again see her beloved brother, Killian.

Sue's computer has crashed and she has not been able to come here to receive the comfort and support of all who have posted. She indicated that she will try when she can to access Pet Talk from the library.

As expected, Sue is devastated and in tears. Her hope for a few months more with Shiloh was not to be. The pain is fresh and her heart is broken in a million pieces. Please keep our dear friend in your prayers so she can make it through these dark days.

Those of us who have known the strong and beautiful Shiloh for these past years will each mourn her passing. She was a heart dog in every sense of the word.

Good-bye Shiloh. You were *one of our own*.

ramanth
11-02-2005, 02:51 PM
As sad and heartbreaking as it is to hear, thank you Rachel for posting this update.

Poor Sue. So unfair. :( :( :(

My thoughts are with her. I can only take comfort in knowing that Killian and Shiloh are playing together once again, pain free.

pitc9
11-02-2005, 02:55 PM
RIP sweet Shiloh... play hard with your brother Killian.
You two loved each other too much to be apart for too long.
Bless you both for bringing so much love to Sue and to us all here at PT. You will forever be in all of our hearts.
Sue.... I am so sorry for you loss, we all are here for you.
{hugs}

captain
11-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Sue,
All my love, hugs and prayers come to you across the miles during this difficult time.

As always, we are here for you.

finn's mom
11-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Play hard at the bridge, Shiloh.

Pam
11-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Rachel thank you for posting for Sue. I think we all imagined the worse because of the silence but had no idea about her computer problems. I can well relate to the feelings she is having right now and my heart and prayers go out to her. Should you have a chance to express my concern and love please tell her she remains in my prayers. I am imagining that Killian was among the first to welcome her to the Rainbow Bridge. They are together again but the pain remains for Sue. Please pass on these (((hugs))) from me. :(

Ginger's Mom
11-02-2005, 03:05 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. {{{Hugs}}} to you Sue. Shiloh run painfree and play again with Killian. :(

K9soul
11-02-2005, 03:11 PM
As Pam said, I was imagining the worst due to the silence. This news is absolutely heartwrenching, but thank you so much Rachel for letting us know. I only wish Sue had easier access so that she might find some comfort in the sharing of her grief. Tears flowing... it's just impossible to find the "right" words.

Dear Lord, please be with Sue, watch over her. May the love we all feel for her encircle her heart and help hold her steady during this unimaginably tragic time. :(. Life can be so very heartbreaking.. so very hard. :(

I feel devastated for you Sue. Please know you have two dear angels watching over you from above. They love you, always will. You will be together again one day.

Love, Jess

lv4dogs
11-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Oh sweetie, I am in tears right now just like you probably are. I am so very sorry for the loss of sweet Shiloh girl. This is so sad. I honestly wish I could do something, anything to help ease your pain in this time of hardship. All I can do is pray for you my dear.
RIP Shiloh. May you be happy, healthy & whole once again... running up there at the bridge with your dear brother Killian. Watch over your mommy please, she needs it.

With sincere sympothy,
love,
Sue (thats my name too)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I had been avoiding this thread because I was so afraid of the worst. :(
Sometimes life is so hard to deal with.

Sweet Shiloh, you left us way to soon sweetheart!!!
Be at peace now and play with wonderful Killian. You are both missed so very much. :(

.sarah
11-02-2005, 03:52 PM
I have also been avoiding this thread. I am so sorry for your loss, but know that you now have one more angel to watch over you. I hope that Shiloh has found her brother and that they are playing again.

My thoughts are with you.

anna_66
11-02-2005, 03:57 PM
I am typing through tears here:( I had hoped that Sue's silence meant she was taking all this time to be with her darling Shiloh, I had no idea about her computer crashing (what a terrible time to go out on her).
I'm so saddened and shocked to see they didn't have a few more months together but you never know when that time will come when you have to say goodbye.
Please let Sue know how much we care and are grieving with her.
{{{HUGS}}}Anna

Jadapit
11-02-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss! :( You will be in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

chocolatepuppy
11-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I'm so sorry. :( Shiloh and Killian are together now at the Rainbow Bridge. Sue, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. {hugs}

PJ's Mom
11-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh no. I kept checking in every day hoping for some good news. I wasn't expecting this so soon.

Sue, I am very sorry. :( :(

RobiLee
11-02-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm at a loss for words. I'm so very sorry, Sue. {{{HUGS}}}

Rest In Peace, Shiloh.

tricollie4me
11-02-2005, 05:00 PM
My deepest condolences for your tragic loss...I'm just so very sorry.

ParNone
11-02-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Sue. It's just too soon after Killian. Course I'm sure anytime would have been too soon, to lose your special girl.

Rest in Peace, Shiloh. You and Killian look over your Mom. I always get some comfort knowing Maddie's up there watching out for me.

Les...

jackie
11-02-2005, 05:13 PM
I haven't been keeping up on this thread too much, I found it so upsetting, now I am struggling for words.

R.I.P. Shiloh, you were loved more then you ever could know.

Cinder & Smoke
11-02-2005, 05:16 PM
There is a Memorial Thread for Shiloh
in the "Dog Memorial" Section titled

"Shiloh has joined Killian at the Bridge"

Please visit:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=92020

shais_mom
11-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Godspeed Shiloh - we love you.
Hugs to you Sue. Please accept my sympathy. We are here when you are ready.

Flatcoatluver
11-02-2005, 11:32 PM
omg :( Rip shiloh ((HUGS))

ChrisH
11-03-2005, 03:37 AM
Sue, no words can express how my heart breaks for you.

Please God watch over dear Sue, comfort her and give her the strength she needs to get through.

{{Hugs}}
Chris

dogzr#1
11-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Godspeed Shiloh, have fun with your brother! R.I.P sweet Shiloh:( (((((((HUGS)))))))

tatsxxx11
11-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Oh God, no:(:(:( I have no words Sue, just tears, more tears an unbearable pain in my heart for my dear friend's tragic loss. Please, please God watch over over dear Sue and comfort her and give her strength to get through this time of unbearable sadness. It's unimaginable that both our beloved Killian and Shiloh have left for the Bridge:(:(:( Sue, you know my cutie Cody is there right beside Killian, welcoming her dear friend home. Killian, watch over your sweet sister and send down your love to comfort your Mom, please.
We love you, Sue. I'm so, so sorry:(
Sandra and Star

Sudilar
12-15-2005, 11:08 AM
My computer crashed, so I was unable to post during this extremely difficult time.
Thank you all for your wonderful prayers and thoughts. I still cannot bring myself to read them all. I will soon. I am still having a problem dealing with Shiloh's death.

Let me continue where I left off. We were to bring Shiloh in on Saturday for a final evaluation of her bladder. We were told at the Thursday vet visit to be ready to send her to RB on Saturday. At this point, she still could not eat anything and she was throwing up any water that she drank. The pills were useless because they came right back up. I continued to sleep all those final nights next to Shiloh on the floor in whatever room she wanted to be in. She was up most of the nights, she could not get comfortable. She was still able to go out in the yard, but she could not walk far distances. I began to take her on hour long car rides throughout the area. She loved that. Oh, how I loved this dog!! (crying again now....sorry). She still could not eat anything, nor did she want to eat anything...and I tried EVERYTHING.
Saturday came. The vet checked her and her bladder grew a bit more. Her (2nd vet) recommendation was euthanasia also. However...there was one more thing to try...an injection to try and help her eat to hold down her pills. So we grabbed at straws and went with the shot. We would have her a little while longer. We continued with the car rides, constant attention, sleeping next to her, petting her. To our great disappointment, the shot did nothing and the inevitable was going to have to happen on Monday. We tried to prepare ourselves for it again. This was the hardest thing in the world to do..again. Monday came, her appointment was for 10:00. The end was near and it was SOOOO HARD. We brought her in. The vet checked her and said there was no change. She also had very large lymph glands in her neck and on her leg. Her legs were swelling also. The vet said that he thought that she also had lymphoma, too (another death sentence).
We held her close (oh so close), I called her name as the needle went in and she looked up at me with those great big loving eyes...then she closed them and was gone. It was so quick....her heart stopped....the vet said that she
was ready to die, she went so fast.
I can't describe how I feel. I hurt so badly. This is the first time that I do not want another dog. I want SHILOH back and only her. I was NOT ready to lose her, she was too young (7 years old). To this day, I still can't even begin to get over her passing.

Thanks for listening. You are all angels!! Thanks again and always for your wonderful support and encouragement. You guys are the BEST.

Sue

G.P.girl
12-15-2005, 11:12 AM
oh i'm so so sorry :( i cant even begin to imagine your loss
RIP Shiloh :(

ramanth
12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Kia is seven..... :( :(

Oh Sue, I'm so very very sorry. My heart is breaking all over again. *HUGS*

Ginger's Mom
12-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Oh Sue, I know how hard it must have been to have shared all of that with us, but I am so glad that you did. What a wonderful and loving mom you were to Shiloh to the very end. {{{Hugs}}}

cyber-sibes
12-15-2005, 12:35 PM
:( Just now seing this thread. So sorry to hear about your sweet Shiloh. I don't think we can ever be "prepared" for something like this. Just know that ending her suffering was an act of deep love for her and for her well-being. I had to have my cat of 17 years put down eight days ago, so I am also grieving the loss of my dearest furfriend. I hope you can find some peace and comfort in her memories in the days ahead. (((((hugs)))))

My Peanuts
12-15-2005, 12:52 PM
I just saw this. I am so sorry. :( I really don't know what to say. :(

poofy
12-15-2005, 01:18 PM
I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS..I dont know what to say.. :(

anna_66
12-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Sue, your story of Shiloh's last day sound ever so familar and brings back all those feelings that I still can't seem to let go, here over a year later.
It breaks my heart to hear your hurting so much, I wish there was something I could do or say to help ease your pain.
Many {{{HUGS}}} to you dear friend.

Jadapit
12-15-2005, 06:30 PM
I'm so, so sorry! It's hard to know what to say sometimes. My thoughts are with you. (((Hugs)))

K9soul
12-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Sue, I just read your latest post here about Shiloh's last days. I have tears streaming down my face once again. It hurts so much, it's hard to put into words. My girl Tasha is nearly 7, and just the thought of losing her rocks my world. There is no spoken or written language available to express the heartbreak of this, how very deeply I grieve for you. I can only offer my tears and my heart. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Jess

Thandi
12-16-2005, 01:17 PM
My deepest sympathies, Sue.

pitc9
12-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Oh Sue... the pain you went through and are still going through... I couldn't imagine. Shiloh loves you very much and thanks you for ending her pain, she'll always love you and will always be with you.
{hugs} to you!

dab_20
12-16-2005, 05:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, Sue. I can't believe her life was taken so fast, but I know she's happy now and pain free. She is watching over you to tell him she's alright and happy. I am sure she loves you and thanks you for every moment of her life. My deepest sympathy. Again, I am so sorry. :( :( :( {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Rachel
12-18-2005, 12:24 PM
I am still having a problem dealing with Shiloh's death.

I can't describe how I feel. I hurt so badly. This is the first time that I do not want another dog. I want SHILOH back and only her. I was NOT ready to lose her, she was too young (7 years old). To this day, I still can't even begin to get over her passing.

Sue, I think I understand your feelings. After my Bailey was gone, I was literally sick to my stomach with grief. My husband and friends were so worried about me, they encouraged me to get a puppy. I wasn't ready but I also wasn't able to make decisions for myself...I went through the days in a haze and went along with the *getting a puppy* idea a mere 40 days after losing Bailey. As a consequence, Hannah and I did not bond. It was just awful. I had a puppy whom I didn't think I could love. It took her getting seriously ill for the *love gene* to kick in and I knew that I didn't want to lose her. In the final analysis, it did work out I did love again, but I do understand that feeling of not wanting another dog. When I lost my Tizzie, I took my time to recover. After six months, I found myself looking at the dogs at HUA website. It was very gradual, and the feelings of wanting to adopt came and went. When the feelings ebbed, I just let up looking, I put in requests and then cancelled them at HUA. A coworker of my husband said she was taking a recently adopted dog back to the shelter and did I want to see him. I said sure, bring him over, seeing no harm in seeing the dog, and afterall, I didn't even want a male. I had no intention of keeping him when she suggested I could keep him for the weekend, but it took only a matter of hours for the *love gene* to kick in and the rest is history and Tucker found his forever home.

Sue, you will never *get over* Shiloh's passing. It is part of your very soul. Don't force yourself to do anything. But know that there is a tiny seed buried deep within you that can sprout and grow and let new love develop and thrive. It will happen when you least expect it. It will happen despite your sadness, your pain, your fear, your depression. You don't have to believe in it because it believes in you. You don't have to look for or try to find it, just try to recognize it when it starts to stir. Until then know that it's okay to mourn, okay to be true to the loves of your life.