PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Sandwich of choice?

ParNone
10-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Hi y'all!

I've been meaning to post this for awhile. Whenever I get a breakfast sandwich, I always wonder if where I'm from influences which bread I choose. You know what I'm talking right? ex. Egg McMuffin from McDonald's. A selection I never choose btw, because I don't much care for English Muffins. It's very rare that I get bagel or crossiant either.

I almost always get the Biscuit. I was thinking that's probably my Southern influence, although being from Texas, maybe I should be getting the breakfast taco on a tortilla, which I do like from time to time, especially spiced up with some salsa. That's pretty Texas I think. :)

The biscuit is still the best to me though. My fave places being Whataburger and Chik-fila. OMG the one from Chik-fila is especially good. It's got a touch of honey flavor to it. Nothing better then a well made biscuit. Do other parts of the country appreciate the biscuit, as much as us Southerns?

I also like Texas Toast sometimes too. I've only seen this offered at Sonic, so those in the East Coast may not even have that choice.

So which is your fave and where are you from?

Par...

lv4dogs
10-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Well my favorite is a any good breakfast sandwich from a nice resturaunt, egg, cheese and bacon on a nice toasted hard roll.
As far as fast food joints go I prefer the bagel sandwiches, then the english muffin, then crossiant, then buscuit.

I love buscuits though, just I don't prefer them for a sandwich, they are a little too brittle for a sandwich.

Pillsbury toaster scrambles are awesome too!

My favorite breakfast dish is not a sandwich, it is sausage buscuits & gravy!!!!

beeniesmom
10-19-2005, 02:23 PM
I love a good Bagel! Bagel sandwiches even better!
That reminds me... I have to go to Panera and get a bakers dozen...
They have an ASIAGO cheese bagel that is to die for!
When I run out, I usually get Ray's NY bagels. They are pretty good too!
In second place is pancakes with butter and syrup! YUMMMOOOO

Kfamr
10-19-2005, 02:29 PM
I work at Chick-fil-A and almost always have a bagel with cream cheese.
Our bagels are okay, but I enjoy Einstein Bagels the most. They have an Asiago Cheese bagel with salmon spread that's to die for.

I make the biscuits at Chick-fil-A almost every morning. ;) They call my biscuits "cans of corn" because they are so fluffy. :D Whoever is on boards (making the orders) hates when anyone other than my mother and I make the biscuits because they usually end up tiny and flat when someone else makes them.

Logan
10-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I LOVE biscuits, especially from Hardee's or Bojangles, but I do not eat them anymore due to my diet. And I miss them, but I'm happy with my results, so I'm sticking to it. I am allowed to eat an EggMcMuffin, but I am not a huge fan of Canadian Bacon, so I think I have done it twice in the last 3 months.

Logan

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-19-2005, 02:55 PM
I voted "croissants" , but in fact I love a normal slice of homemade bread( not the one in plastic bags.... yuck!). I love that with some cheese, or chocolate paste. I know, this chocolate paste is NOT available in the USA. It was what I missed most during my stay in USA (2 years)

carole
10-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Well I am a cereal girl for Breakfast, and I have hardly ever had what one would call a Breakfast sandwich, but I guess if I had to choose Crossiants would be my preferred choice. :)I am curious about your chocolate paste, we have a spread here called Nutella, it is chocolate with hazelnuts in it, and it is extremely yummy.,is it similar to that?

beeniesmom
10-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Do you mean NUTELLA, for chocolate paste?
I love it.
YUMMM

I voted "croissants" , but in fact I love a normal slice of homemade bread( not the one in plastic bags.... yuck!). I love that with some cheese, or chocolate paste. I know, this chocolate paste is NOT available in the USA. It was what I missed most during my stay in USA (2 years)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2005, 03:18 PM
If I'm going to eat a sandwich for breakfast, it has to be pb & j!
:D

Edwina's Secretary
10-19-2005, 03:21 PM
I love breakfast sandwiches.... bacon, egg and cheese bisquit from MacDonald's, Bacon, egg and cheese coissant from Burger King or bacon, egg and cheese tortilla from Carl Jr.

I try not to eat them too often though....only as a treat. Although I do make eggs at home and wrap them in a lo-carb, lo-fat whole wheat tortilla...sigh...

sirrahbed
10-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Biscuit!

I am from Texas and hubby is from South Carolina so we both grew up with biscuits! I like them best with cream gravy though. But, if I order a sandwich - it is almost always on a biscuit. I LOVE Bob Evans biscuits best of all. :D

neko1
10-19-2005, 03:33 PM
For me, Texas Toast is French Toast, so that's why I choose that.

cali
10-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Bagels or English muffines, or just plain white bread is good with me. but y absolute fave is a bagle with a slice of chedder cheese, an egg, and normal bacon(aka I wont touch MDs bacon'n'eggers because they use canadian bacon, I cant stand candian bacon its gross lol)

prechrswife
10-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Definitely biscuits here. Of course, I'm another southerner. :)

Suki Wingy
10-19-2005, 03:51 PM
I am ALWAYS craving the McDonnalds sausage biscuit! :confused: Even after (and durring) watching supersize me!

christa
10-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, first of all, fast food breakfast is disgusting. I'd just rather not eat than have to eat that greasy stuff.

As far as breakfast food goes . . . if I'm going to have something that heavy, I like making biscuits at home and eating them with honey or homemade preserves.

I don't think it has anything to do with where I live . . . I think it has more to do with how long I want to live. :eek:

christa
10-19-2005, 03:57 PM
I am ALWAYS craving the McDonnalds sausage biscuit! :confused: Even after (and durring) watching supersize me!

OMG, please tell me your joking!

Felix
10-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Bagel person here..loves a good bagel sandwich :D

Toby's my baby
10-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Almost everyday, i make myself a Egg McMuffin thing. I use and english muffin, and just fry and egg, and melt cheese on the muffin, its VERY good. lol

luvofallhorses
10-19-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm not too big on breakfast foods. I like the sausage biscuit from McDonald's, though.

Flatcoatluver
10-19-2005, 05:31 PM
hey i got some good ideas i will have to try some tormorrow!

K9karen
10-20-2005, 12:11 AM
If and when I eat breakfast (plz..no lectures) it's a bacon,egg and cheese on a well toasted "everything" bagel or rye toast.
Duh.. this Yank doesn't know what Texas Toast is!

Pam
10-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Bagels for me, although I am really a cereal person or an oatmeal person. Since finding out that my cholesterol is a little elevated I can't even tell you when I had my last egg or piece of bacon.

petslover
10-20-2005, 06:50 AM
I love good ole Gravy and Biscuit. its so good. I am one of these people I have to eat breakfast or I get sick to my stomach. I have been like that all of my life. My grandmother, when she was able, used to make homemade gravy and biscuit every Saturday. It was so good.

trayi52
10-20-2005, 06:55 AM
Bacon, egg, and cheese Mcgriddle from Mcdonalds! I love that breakfast!

Willie :)

ParNone
10-20-2005, 07:13 AM
hey K9Karen!

Texas Toast is really big, thick sliced bread, hence the Texas name, drenched in butter and toasted. It's quite good. :)

Par...

ParNone
10-20-2005, 07:19 AM
hi Pam!

If you want to lower your cholesterol, try lowering your carbs and increasing protein. My cholestrol dropped dramatically, when I was on a high protein diet, to an unbelievable 110.

Par..

Jamieejo85
10-20-2005, 11:19 AM
I eat a tortilla with eggs and chorizo for breakfast a few times a week. Hmm..its sooo good, I want one now :D

Suki Wingy
10-20-2005, 03:56 PM
OMG, please tell me your joking!
absolutley not. I eat crap and I know I must change some time but I prefer fast food to homemade stuff.

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-20-2005, 08:22 PM
I like bagels probably the best!! :D Then I like cereals and pop-tarts! :)

Oggyflute
10-21-2005, 07:16 AM
When I was running a 24 hour Gas station, my staff would have a hot coffee and a ham & cheese croissant all ready for me when I walked in the door. :D
I sure miss that nowadays. :(