PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Wilma :(

Kfamr
10-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Hurricane Wilma is expected to come very close to us this weekend, if not directly to us. Please keep us and everyone else on the Gulf Coast in your thoughts. :( :(

We're located in the green spot. :( This is the time of the year where all of the hurricanes come our way because of the cooler weather coming down south. I'm atleast "glad" that this is hitting us on a weekend so that I'm not stuck at work away from my muttlies.

Flatcoatluver
10-19-2005, 12:40 PM
omg I thought hurricane season was almost over, Everybody is in my prayers and thoguhts :(

CagneyDog
10-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Stay safe Kay :(

Queen of Poop
10-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Please stay safe. I've been reading that Wilma is going to be very dangerous.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2005, 01:46 PM
They say Wilma is the strongest hurricane so far, to enter the gulf. I pray it drops to a 2 or a 1 before it hits but it will be entering the gulf where the water is unusually warm this year.

The hurricane season won't end until Nov 30. They are now out of names. Next they start the Greek alphabet.

Prayers for everyone in the path of this storm.

lv4dogs
10-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Wow Kay, you're not leaving? You & everyone else sure has my prayers for a safe passing of the hurricane.

Felix
10-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Sorry to hear that :( Thoughts and prayers for your safety here.

beeniesmom
10-19-2005, 02:21 PM
We will be thinking about you....
we were already yesterday.... :(
come on over to my house if you decide to leave!

popcornbird
10-19-2005, 02:38 PM
How scary...:(:( Its a Category 5 now. Shouldn't you all be evacuating? It looks incredibly dangerous. Stay safe, and if they tell you to evacuate, DO IT!

When will this year's natural disasters end? :(

Kfamr
10-19-2005, 02:49 PM
We'll know whether or not we have to evacuate by Friday.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-19-2005, 02:51 PM
OMG Kay, please try to be safe! I would be so scared; I don't think I would dare living in Florida for this reason. I hope you find safe place for your dogs, and for yourself!! Good luck Kay!!!!

LeahMM
10-19-2005, 02:52 PM
My mom lives in Estero. :( I'll have to call her tonight and find out what she's going to do.

Prayers to everyone here in that region and please be safe.

Daisy and Delilah
10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Kay, This one is really scaring me I'm sorry to say. My thoughts and prayers are with everybody in the path of this storm. I heard today on CNN that this storm has the lowest barometric pressure ever recorded, making it the strongest storm ever known. It's absolutely huge so I know all of us Florida residents should feel some of it. Let's all hope and pray it decides to take a totally unpredicted turn and fizzle out somewhere :( :( :(

kimboe
10-19-2005, 03:50 PM
OH, PLease stay safe and together with family,Your in our prayers.
Kim, Camen and Babe

Lady's Human
10-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Kfamr, stay safe, and stay more than 20 ft above sea level. (Hard to do in FLA, I know, but it IS possible)

As to this being the strongest storm ever, I wish they'd quit that. There have been stronger storms, but they aren't counted because the instruments used to record them are unreliable by modern standards.

chocolatepuppy
10-19-2005, 03:59 PM
When will all of these hurricanes end? :( Please stay safe Kay!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2005, 04:25 PM
As if things aren't frightening enough: they just had an update and the thing has slowed down. There models are showing lots of different paths it can take now. They can't tell for sure yet where that thing will go or how strong it will be.

They say it's not acting like any other hurricane they've tracked. Now isn't THAT comforting??? :eek:

Just keep an eye on it everyone. Prayers continuing from me.

k9krazee
10-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh man :( Stay safe Kay, we will be thinking of you and everyone else in Wilma's path :( I've decided Michigan is a good place to be...for once. You will be in our thoughts!!!

Jadapit
10-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Kay, stay safe! You all will be in my thoughts.

gini
10-19-2005, 05:42 PM
I am with MOFF - I sure hope this fizzles out before it causes huge damage for everyone.

Maybe we need to try some of our Pet Talk prayers on Wilma - settle down girl!!

trayi52
10-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Kay, stay safe, and if you have to evacuate then please do so. You, Simba, Nala, Kiara, and the whole family will be in my prayers.

Willie

jazzcat
10-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Praying this one is a big fat dud! Stay safe everyone!

Ginger's Mom
10-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Hoping that everyone in Florida stays safe, and takes all of the proper precautions (ie, evacuate).

CamCamPup33
10-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Ughh, aren't you sick of hurricanes already? Im about ready to move to Canada. Unfortunately if it goes the way expected, i'll be right in the midst of lovely Wilma. Hooray, hooray! Another hurricane! :rolleyes:

Next hurricane season they're going to be using the Greek Alphabet. The first hurricane will be 'Alpha' & so on.

Im really hoping this hurricane dies down before it reaches FL. Who knows though, they never expected it to become a CAT. 5. I woke up this morning to 175 MPH winds on the news. :eek: It's expected to be about a 3 or so when it reaches here, but who knows.

We're putting up our shutters tomorrow & preparing for her. Oh fun!
Stay safe everyone else in FL!

Logan
10-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Bennie and Amber, please stay safe!!! We love you guys!!! :)

gini
10-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Amber, please stay safe along with your entire family.

What a spectacular avatar of Bennie................!!!!

areias
10-20-2005, 01:57 AM
:( I'm worried too-if this thing swings up and decides to hit Tampa, I'm pretty much screwed. Time to visit my old boarding kennel employers and make sure I can get spots in for the dogs if need be! Bad enough I gotta pack the fish and the turtle and head to my parents house (not sure how I'm going to do this...)

And the barn I board my horse at...floods if we get over a half a foot of rain.-sigh- my poor horse.

wolfie
10-20-2005, 09:31 AM
How scary. :( I hope everyone in FL stays safe! If they say to evacuate I hope you all do. I'll be thinking about you.

CountryWolf07
10-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Kay and all Flordians.. you are in my prayers... I'm thinking of you guys... My family is in Tampa..

ChrisH
10-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts going out for everyone in Wilma's path.

anna_66
10-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Kay I've been so wrapped up in my problems I never even thought about Wilma hitting you guys...sorry:o
Be safe and call me if you need.
Love ya
Anna

Corinna
10-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Kay I have a spare room if you and those sweeties need it. Prayers going out to you. (ps I'm home again)

lvpets2002
10-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Oh Kay you all stay safe && you & all others come on up to the Dallas area & we all will take good care of you all & furr babies.. Me & the girls send whisker prayers & huggss ..

Chica
10-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Dear Kay,

Please be carefull!!! I hope you and the muttlies and family will be allright!!!!!

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Oh, this is terrible!! :( I can't believe yet another hurricane (supposedly the worst ever) is coming in...prayers are on the way, for you, your family and the muttlies Kay...:(

Cincy'sMom
10-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Stay safe Kay, and everyone in the hurrican's path. You are in our thoughts

RobiLee
10-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Please be safe everyone!

Kfamr
10-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Looks like she's going south of us. We're under a tornado watch until 1 tomorrow.

dukedogsmom
10-23-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm stuck at work. There was a tornado nine miles sw of us here. Depending on how bad it is, we may have to stay here at work in the morning instead of going home to sleep. We all had to bring sleeping bags and changes of clothes. What fun. I hope we get to go home. I am so ready to move out of Florida altogether that it isn't even funny.

cloverfdx
10-24-2005, 09:07 AM
Thoughts, prayers and good vibes on the way for everyone in Wilma's path. Stay safe {{Hugs}}.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-24-2005, 09:13 AM
My heart and prayers go out to all of you in Wilma's path....cannot comprehend what you are experiencing but pray that you all make it through safely

ramanth
10-24-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm sure power outtages will happen, but I hope everyone in Florida can check in asap.

Kfamr
10-24-2005, 01:33 PM
We're fine in my part of FL - hope it's the same for the rest. Weather was NASTY last night, and now it's gorgoues! BLUE skies, WIND, and in the 60's! It's going to be in the low 70's as the high this week! :eek: :D :D :D So exciting, nice weather is always great.

Sad news though, My co-worker's brother lives in Naples, almost directly where it hit. They stayed and boarded up. Their roof caved in, part of the other side is leaking, and a tree fell on their car. Everyone in their family is fine though, which is the most important.

beeniesmom
10-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Hey,
Glad you are ok. Was thinking about you and the others down there. Glad you are fine.
Sorry about the person in Naples who had damage.
Our office email is down today because our provider is in West Palm... I guess they had damage.

CagneyDog
10-24-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm glad your okay. It must of been so scary :eek:

ramanth
10-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Glad all is okay with you and the family, Kay. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-24-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm sure power outtages will happen, but I hope everyone in Florida can check in asap.They say 3.1 million are without power right now.

I hope all is well with everyone too!

BitsyNaceyDog
10-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Everything here is good! We were without power for 61/2 hours, which isn't too long compared to last year when we were without for at least a couple days (a week after Charley). Our yard is flooded and it's still really windy. The wether is so nice and cool, I love it!

Last night was really stormy, bad thunder, rain, and wind. Charlie was so scared. The rest of the animals handled it really well. Raisin was the only one other than Charlie who was scared, but she wasn't near as scared as Charlie.

This morning our power went out around 7:15. It was really stormy, but nothing too major. The only damage that we had was we lost a big bush that I wasn't to fond of in the first place.

my yard (taken from my kitchen window)-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/KBlaix2/other/IMG_5242.jpg

wolfie
10-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Glad everyone is safe!

The only damage that we had was we lost a big bush that I wasn't to fond of in the first place.
:D Always look on the bright side!

Daisy and Delilah
10-24-2005, 04:00 PM
We're okay on the East coast. YAY!!! The worst seems to be over. We got alot of rain and wind but nothing serious. I got the day off work which was nice. We're still getting some wind gusts occasionally but other than that, we made it through. The sun is shining right now and with the cold front coming in, the weather is picture perfect!! Glad everyone is safe everywhere else :)

Pam
10-24-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm glad you and your family are OK Kay. I have been thinking about you. My brother-in-law in the Keys chose to not evacuate (only 20% of Key West evacuated this time). I was online *talking* with him last night and he said if he stopped e-mailing it meant he lost power. I haven't heard from him since then, but maybe he has been out checking out the aftermath.

Buddy Blaze Lover
10-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Whew, I'm glad you guys are alright Kay!:)

Pawsitive Thinking
10-25-2005, 04:18 AM
So glad you are all ok

Craftlady
10-25-2005, 04:38 AM
I'm glad you and your family are OK Kay. I have been thinking about you. My brother-in-law in the Keys chose to not evacuate (only 20% of Key West evacuated this time). I was online *talking* with him last night and he said if he stopped e-mailing it meant he lost power. I haven't heard from him since then, but maybe he has been out checking out the aftermath.

CNN is reporting that Key West has no power and the only road in/out of the keys is partially washed away. Also they were saying only way in/out was by helicopter. You couldnt pay me to live down in gulf coast. We tell our relatives who are in Tampa, we'll take the 3 months of snow and occassional (which is very rare) tornado warning/watch anyday.

Pam
10-25-2005, 05:52 AM
CNN is reporting that Key West has no power and the only road in/out of the keys is partially washed away.

Thank you for that! I was thinking that was the case since I still have had no communication via the computer from him. He is a real photography nut and I assumed he was out taking pictures, which he may be doing! :) If so, I will share them. I imagine the phones are out too and unfortunately I don't have his cell #.

Craftlady
10-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Thank you for that! I was thinking that was the case since I still have had no communication via the computer from him. He is a real photography nut and I assumed he was out taking pictures, which he may be doing! :) If so, I will share them. I imagine the phones are out too and unfortunately I don't have his cell #.

Your welcome.
Even if you had his cell # doubt it would work. Cell towers or lines probably are hit by flying debris and trees. I know in New Orleans trying to use cell phone wasnt an option. If you had satelite phones (news people use that kind of phone) they worked.