PDA

View Full Version : Joey helps prepare for the hurricane

may51380
10-19-2005, 11:30 AM
As most of you already know Wilma is getting ready to hit South Florida. And of course I live right where it is supossed to come thru. SO last night I went to Walmart and got supplies. Once I got home I took out my hurricane box - big rubbermaid/waterproof. I started to put everything in - including xtra cat fod/treats/litter. Joey must have really wanted to help. he brought me ALL of their toys, and draged his blanket over to me too. He is such a good helper! :D I still have to finish getting my closet ready - "Safe Room". This will be Joey first hurricane, I have seen Beth and Lulu take care of him during thunderstorms, they both lay ontop of Joey. I will be riding the storm out by myself with my kitties. (last year I had 8 cats and my cousin all stuffed into my closet :rolleyes: ) Please say prayers for my family and everyone esle in the path of this storm.

Janine
Beth
Lulu
Joey

Logan
10-19-2005, 11:42 AM
What a helpful boy!!! :)

I do hope you will be safe. You will all be in our prayers. I'm so sorry that this is happening again! :(

Killearn Kitties
10-19-2005, 11:45 AM
What a helpful boy you have there! How sweet. :D

All fingers and paws are crossed for you here. Stay safe.

Don Juan's mom
10-19-2005, 11:46 AM
FEMA should be as helpful as your little Joey! Good luck to you and yours.

Liz

Donnaj4962
10-19-2005, 11:48 AM
What a sweet little helper you have! And you are lucky to have him!

I am so sorry that this is happening AGAIN.... :eek:

LOTS of prayers and good thoughts coming your way. :)

My folks live in Ft. Myers Beach and my boyfriend is in Lehigh Acres, so I know what you are going through. So scary!

Felix
10-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Its great you got such a good helper ;) Thoughts and prayers that you remain safe.

catlover4ever
10-19-2005, 12:43 PM
What a great little helper you have. Please stay safe and I'm sending positive thoughts and lots of prayers for you, Beth, Lulu and Joey.

may51380
10-19-2005, 12:49 PM
My sister and 3 yr old nephew live in Cape Coral (Ft. Meyers) thats where they are saying it is going to make landfall - then continue across the state and come tru in Stuart (where I live) and Pt. Saint Lucie (my parents live there). So far I have heard that it will be a Cat 3/ Cat 4 at landfall and NOT lose strenght as it moves across the state. :eek: I got a new roof last year after Frances and Jeanne. I am just worried about flooding. We are supposed to get heavy rain for 2 days. My parking lot floods when we get a regular storm. All I can do is hope for the best and keep fingers and paws crossed!

Janine
Beth
Lulu
Joey

crazy_caique
10-19-2005, 02:54 PM
What a sweet cat!Be safe my prayers are with you,Joey and the others

CalliesMom
10-19-2005, 04:57 PM
We'll be praying that you make it through the storm okay!! You have an awfully helpful kitty!

catmandu
10-19-2005, 07:22 PM
We are praying at The Found Cat Hotel,that you are able to ride out the Storm,and that You And Your Cats will be All Right.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture863.jpg

kittylover4ever
10-19-2005, 07:26 PM
God bless you and the kits. Please let us know when it is over and that you are all ok!

catnapper
10-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Awwww... what a good boy he is! What a sweet story.

trayi52
10-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Awww, what a very special kitty! Please stay safe, and know that my prayers are with you and your precious little family.

Willie

Kfamr
10-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Good luck coming from another Floridian! Gosh I can't wait for this to be over with. :( I see you're on the east coast... we're on the west coast! :eek: :eek:

orangemm
10-20-2005, 04:46 AM
Keeping fingers and paws crossed that all will be well and safe. At least you will be with your furbabies. Hoping that it isn't as bad as they predict.

Stay safe. We're thinking of you.

may51380
10-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Alright guys, I had to say I am kinda freaking out now! I just read that they are prediciting the storm eye to move over Fort Pierce - which is about 20 miles North of me. The worst of the storm will be on the South side - which means right where I live. :eek: We will start to get winds at 120- 125 mph starting Saturday morning - the worst will happen late Sunday night into Monday. For some reason I have a BAD felling about this storm. I got a direct hit from Frances and Jeanne last year and didn't have this feeling I have now. I have all the supplies and am as ready as I can be. Me and my kitty cats will be holding out in the bathroom for a while - that should be a load of fun! :D I guess I will just pray and hope for the best. Thanks to everyone for listening to me and for your support.

Janine
Beth
Lulu
Joey

doolittleky
10-20-2005, 01:32 PM
May isn't there anywhere you can go to evacuate so that you are sure you and the furkids will be safe? I will be so worried about you know that I have read you post. Please be safe and let us know as soon as you can that you are ok.
melissa

momoffuzzyfaces
10-20-2005, 01:48 PM
What a good boy, Joey!

Please remember we will be thinking of you and praying for all of you while you go through this! :(

may51380
10-20-2005, 02:59 PM
I wish I could go up North to NY (I have family there) but I need to be able to get back to work ASAP. We will be working off of generators untill power is restored. Worked like that for 5 days last year. Not much fun, but when you deal with the Chicago Board of Trade, you do what you have to. I will post again as soon as I am able to. Thanks again for everything!

Janine
Beth
Lulu
Joey

orangemm
10-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Will be praying for you and your family (flesh AND fur!).