PDA

View Full Version : Animal Abuse

trinity
10-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Why do people have to do these things? I am ashamed to say this happened about 20 miles from me. On the upside when the story was on the news last night, the cat looks like she is doing well all things considered. She was rubbing on the people at the shelter and stuff. I am probably going to have cat #6 and go get her. Have to call them and see if anyone has already spoken for her and so forth...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/westmoreland/s_385175.html

Flatcoatluver
10-19-2005, 10:43 AM
omg that is terrible!!! That kitty sounds like such a good girl, she trust humans and she has been threw alot, Animal abuse is so cruel i think we need to have higher laws for animal abuse

orangemm
10-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I just cry when I read articles like this. How can anyone be so cruel? You just hope and pray that someone bigger than them will come along and do something terrible to them!

That poor little girl. Let us know how she'd doing and if you get her!

dab_20
10-19-2005, 04:51 PM
how could anyone ever do that??? :mad: that is so awful. i cant believe the cat trusts people still. its just so amazing how animals can forgive like that.

CalliesMom
10-19-2005, 04:56 PM
People sicken me sometimes. That poor cat... :(

catmandu
10-19-2005, 07:03 PM
We are praying for that Poor Cat.
We hope that she will be All Right,and that she will recover enough,to be able,to be cat Number 6.
If you do,we will send her Cat Nip Mice!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture863.jpg

Van10
10-19-2005, 07:57 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Those SICK !@#$^&*/'s!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how people can do something like that to another living being! Shame on them!

AlleyCat
10-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Oh boy .. based on your reactions I'm not even gonna read that article. I don't have the heart for it. But I'm glad to hear you're planning to take her in if you can. Keep us posted !! :)

JenBKR
10-20-2005, 10:47 AM
I know, I was sick when I heard about it. I lived in Greensburg most of my life! Now I live in Mt. Pleasant, just 15 min. away. Hard to believe something like this happened so close to home. I couldn't read the whole article when I read it in the paper, made me too sick and :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

moosmom
10-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Trinity,

Why do people have to do these things?

Because of the laws in this country. The animal abuse laws in this country need to be changed NOW!! Instead of a slap on the wrist with a misdemeanor, they need to make it a class A Felony, with MANDATORY jail time (and I don't mean a couple of months), I'm talking minimum of 3 years, with hefty fines. They also need to make the inhumane practice of declawing illegal. Pets BEFORE furniture. And they need to make it a LAW that every single pet be spayed/neutered BEFORE being adopted out.

As far as breeders are concerned (and I don't mean backyard breeders either), the laws need to make it very clear that only responsible people, who are WELL educated in the breeding process, be licensed in order to breed a particular pet. Backyard breeders should be shot.

Certain people (the abusers) treat them as objects. They are living, breathing beings that should be treated with respect. They were here long before we EVER got here.

It's sad that the politicians will only go out on a limb for something that THEY will benefit by.

Until that happens, animal abuse will continue. Sad but VERY true. :(

Awinn83
10-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Moosmom, you hit the nail SO on the head! Im a student in southern California and working really hard to help reform laws and make harsher penalties for any form of abuse. You and I have the EXACT same ideas!

I want (real) breeders to be specially lisenced and monitered. Kittens may not be adopted out until shots, altering, and complete checkup of the new home.

I am so sick of seeing things like this. Makes me just see red.

My roomie and I do kitten rescue all the time here. A few months ago, my grandmother found a group of feral kittens in her yard. We wanted to give them homes so we socialized them all. 5 in all. Ended up getting a couple adopted out and there were two that no one seemed to love! So my roomie works as a local pub and decided that they could use another bar cat. Their older one passed away.

So the two black fluffy babies lived at the bar and got fed every 5 minutes with customers feeding them steak, chicken, etc. Im a rescuer and I even thought this was a GREAT home. Jagermeister and Khalua. Well, one day, some *@#$! came into the bar. Jager jumped onto this guys lap like the kitten was so used to doign with NORMAL HUMANS who pet her. He got so mad, he picked her up, snapped her neck and threw her over the fence.

To make this story shorter, the man got what he deserved for what he did to my little Jager and Jager is now burried in a little area on my parents 10 acres with all my pets I grew up with.

The point is - we need harsh harsh penalties for outright abuse and murder. ONly a matter of time before this man does this to a human. :mad:

momcat
10-23-2005, 02:03 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: If I kill this lifeform, will I go to jail? :mad: :mad: :mad:

QueenScoopalot
10-23-2005, 03:10 PM
I agree 100% Donna...it should be a felony! :mad: And none of this slap on the wrist crap that's handed out faster than candy. I also fully agree with no animals leaving any shelter or breeder or whatever without being altered first! Another law I'd love to see on the books is anyone living in a rental unit, or condo should be required by the landlord to have proof of altering and vaccinations for their pets. All to often I have to go mop up the mess left behind when tenants get evicted, and the management dump the abandoned pet out the door. :mad:
Momcat...I'll bail you out, but better yet...I'll help with the mutilation of this non-lifeform! This world just gets sicker every day *sigh* :(
Awinn...welcome to PT, and I'm so sorry for what happened to your little sweet rescue. :(

momcat
10-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Sounds good to me, QueenScoopalot! Anyone else want a piece of this action?

moosmom
10-23-2005, 05:02 PM
*raises hand* Oooooo, oooooh, pick me, pick me!!!!!! Let me at 'em!!!

There is such a simple solution to the cat overpopulation...2 word...

SPAY/NEUTER

End of discussion!!!

catmandu
10-23-2005, 06:48 PM
The sad thing is that we are being taken over by the What Ever People.
Get A Job soon?
What Ever.
Take responsibility for that Kitten,or Puppy?
What Ever.
Be an Adult,and contribute to your Country,instead of being a sponge?
What Ever.
Where did we go so wrong?

trinity
10-25-2005, 11:35 AM
I looked yesterday to see if I could find an update to the story. Found out that there were 2 cats found abused that day. The one that went straight to the shelter and another that a little girl found and her family took it straight to their vet and then gave it a furrever home! The second one not only had the same tail issues but was burned as well..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

They are thinking the two may be litter mates as they look so much alike.....

ramanth
10-25-2005, 11:44 AM
How awful. :( :( Please keep us updated on these little kitties.

momcat
10-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Not two kitties made to suffer like that! :eek: Great news that both were saved and one has a furever home now. My prayers for both kitties to recover and learn they can love and trust humans. Do they have ANY idea of who did this? My biggest wish is the @##!**@! that did this is caught, convicted, and pays the maximum price possible! :mad: :mad: :mad: You're safe now, little kitties!