PDA

View Full Version : :: everyone please help limited time ::

Muddy4paws
10-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Kind of a dumb question I guess but can someone help me? I got given these tablets to take but the back of my mouth is too swollen to swallow them, they are like the block powder form, If i took these to the chemist and told them do you think i would be able to get capsules for them?

Killearn Kitties
10-19-2005, 10:36 AM
I doubt they would take medication back. Can you not crush them (between two spoons or something) then drink them with a little milk? A lot of people take tablets like that who can't swallow large tablets.

lv4dogs
10-19-2005, 11:20 AM
I'd call the pharmacy, see if you can disolve them in a drink & drink them that way.

Most places do not accept returns on medications.

Husky_mom
10-19-2005, 12:42 PM
i can´t swallow pills or capsules (my body doesné want them in :rolleyes: ) so i always crush them to powder either with a spoon a hammer or anything hard then "flush" it down with water, juice or anything to take the bad taste away, and that REALLY works

emily_the_spoiled
10-19-2005, 01:47 PM
If you ask REALLY nicely your pharmacist maybe able to put the tablet into a capsule. There are empty capsules available which are used for making up special prescriptions, i.e. in strengths that are not manufactured. Over the years I have had a couple of patients who just could not swallow pills, so I would put the entire pill into an empty capsule and then they could take them. This does take time and not all pharmacists would be willing to do it, but it doesn't hurt to ask.