PDA

View Full Version : Tink Update

Roxyluvsme13
10-18-2005, 08:12 PM
I havent updated about Tink lately, and several people have been asking :) SO here's the update...
Tink is doing great! She still has some diahrhea, and when she does she gets Pedialyte, and she likes it very much! She is such a little fireball!! I spend hours chasing her, but she's still not fast enough to outrun me yet ;). Shes such a silly girl! Now shes a very normal, happy, healthy puppy! On November 1st she goes to get her 3rd set of shots, and then at isnt it 12 weeks? She will have her rabies shot! Then, maybe her collar will fit, and she can go outside:). Thanks so much for all the support and PT prayers given during her times of sickness! She sends kisses to everybody :p

4theloveofzoe
10-18-2005, 08:50 PM
glad to hear that Tink's doing better.

yep, it's at 12 weeks. At least that's what I remember reading before I got Zoe.

Roxyluvsme13
10-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Ok thanks, and I forgot to say whats wrong with Tink...
It was fleas. She weighs 1.2 pounds, and they were sucking the life out of her...:( She got treated for fleas, and is now a normal puppy. We are still waiting for the results of the ChemPanel though...It had to be sent out, so we are waiting to see if anything else is wrong. Praying that nothing is wrong, because she seems fine now :)

dab_20
10-19-2005, 04:35 PM
awww:( for such a tiny pup, fleas are pretty bad. we took sammy to get his first shots yesterday, and it is 12 weeks that they get their rabies shots. so glad tink is better!

kimboe
10-19-2005, 05:09 PM
That nice to hear she's ok, Hope nothing else is wrong.
Kepp us posted :)

cyber-sibes
10-19-2005, 08:55 PM
glad to hear she's getting better and nothing is seriously wrong. She's such a cute lil thing!

Husky_mom
10-19-2005, 09:45 PM
it´s great to hear Tink is getting every second better, she got all of us worried, but i´m glad all went fine.

Roxyluvsme13
10-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks everybody! She got her first collar that kinda fits today! Its still a little big..LOL This weekend we are gonna get her a cat collar and matching leash! Its light pink with rhinestones, and then the leash is light pink to match the collar! Yay

Chica
10-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Glad TINK is doing well!!! ;) Best Wishes from Chica!!!!!

Roxyluvsme13
10-21-2005, 03:16 PM
She was fine this morning...Today we almost lost her :( At this moment I am so so worried and scared...My Mom picked me up from school 45m early because Tink was sick...She was foaming at the mouth and lifeless...her heart was BARELY beating...When we got into the vet, she had a seizure!!!! My poor girl :(:(:( Her bloodsugar was 11 :eek: :eek: Thats what was supposedly wrong with her, but they arent exactly sure whats making it go low. It could be hypoglocemia, which is treatable...or It could be something with her liver which would take surgery to fix. :( I hope it's only hypoglocemia, but it could be her liver or something else congenital. Whatever it is, she was born with it most likely. IF it's hypoglocemia, then she could grow out of it as she got older. GOSH I cried when I saw her. It was SO sad. She looked like she wasnt even alive. :( PT Prayers can create miracles and I hope this can be one. PLEASE keep Tink in your thoughts and prayers, as she's very sick. At 4:30 or 5 we can call the vet. She may be staying overnight, I hope not, then I would be up all night worrying...:( Like I said keep Tink in your thoughts and prayers.
<3-Briana

cyber-sibes
10-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Keeping Tink in our prayers, hope she recovers and it's something that can be dealt with without surgery.

lv4dogs
10-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Oh no, gosh not again. That poor girl. We're sending you tons more get well wishes.
Hang in there Tink. {hugs}

Anita Cholaine
10-21-2005, 03:27 PM
:( Poor little girl:( Hope some day she can be finally a healthy happy dog. Sending prayers for her............

Roxyluvsme13
10-21-2005, 06:24 PM
UPDATE
Ok! The vet is going to do some research and call us on monday, they still arent sure what it is. So I'm still worried...and Will probably be staying up all night...or at least a while...Tink is sleeping...in a few minutes, we have to syringe her some pancake syrup, and shes acting all weirdish because of the seizure :( My poor little angel...Keep her in your thoughts and prayers...((((((HUGS)))))) thanks for all the support<3
<3-Briana and Tink :)

Daisy and Delilah
10-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Awwwww!!! Poor little Tink. She's gone through so much. Get well little baby :(

k9krazee
10-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Oh :( I'm so sorry, she has gone through a lot in a very short time, we will be thinking of her...

buttercup132
10-21-2005, 07:20 PM
aww im sorry to hear isnt there anyway to make the breeder pay for this? becaus eits obviously bad breeding as you said she came from a byb hope she gets better soon

Kirbys Mom
10-21-2005, 09:19 PM
oh i'm sorry to hear that i sure hope she getts awhole lot better me and kirby and sophie are sending good thoughts and prayers!

sammy101
10-21-2005, 09:38 PM
aww im sorry to hear isnt there anyway to make the breeder pay for this? becaus eits obviously bad breeding as you said she came from a byb hope she gets better soon

i was thinking the same thing. things like this happen when you buy a dog from bad breeding :( But i really hope she gets better soon. :) I'll be praying for her.
{{hugs}}

Giselle
10-22-2005, 01:57 AM
I agree with the rest. I believe the breeder you acquired Tink from claimed she was a "teacup" Pomeranian, no? If so, get on this breeder's butt like a flea yourself! If Tink's condition is hereditary, you need to stop this vicious cycle of backyard breeding and close that horrible breeder down. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but, unfortunately, many of us have felt the after effects of BYB-ing as well. We'll always be here for support.

Rememeber, next time you see the vet, ask if the condition is hereditary or could have somehow been affected through the breeder's actions (many BYBs have been shut down simply due to selling extremely young puppies who are not physically mature enough to survive on their own). Also, how old is Tink? I'm assuming she's around 9 weeks old since you're bringing her in for her shots at 12 weeks. In my and nearly all other reputable Toy dog breeders, no Toy puppy should leave their littermates until 10-14 weeks. This could help with your case against the breeder. Good Luck with Tink and, hopefully, shutting down the breeder!

Shelteez2
10-22-2005, 02:08 AM
just a thought...

Tink's blood sugar could be dropping so low because there could be too long of a time period between her meals. I have heard this is a common problem in the very small toy breed puppies.
Perhaps try serving her several small meals a day, or leaving food out all the time until she gets a bit bigger.

jackie
10-22-2005, 08:48 AM
She was foaming at the mouth and lifeless...her heart was BARELY beating

The same thing happened twice to Tito. The first time I thought he had been poisoned by eating something when we were out. The second time it just happened out of the blue, he hadn't been outside prior. The vet thought it might be epilepsy, but since then we have had no problems. To this day we still don't now what triggered the convulsions. Scary stuff. I hope Tink gets throught it all ok.

dogzr#1
10-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Hope everything goes well with Tink!! Prayers have been sent. My cousin had bought a minature schnauzer who she thought was 8 weeks old. When they took him to the vet they found out that he was only 5 weeks old. They couldn't find the breeder but they had to put the schnauzer to sleep. They had mistakeably bought from a BYB. I hope Tink gets better soon!!! {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

buttercup132
10-22-2005, 01:21 PM
why did they have to put the puppy to sleep why couldnt they just raise it? im pritty sure you can hold some case against them and if they are byb then you can call ur spca or shelter and tell them and they may be able to shut them down or charge them or something so they will get there act together, did you actually see the dogs? how do you know she was a product of byb?

Roxyluvsme13
10-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Tink is much more like herself today...When we got her she was 8 weeks old, now shes 10 weeks old. We have SERIOUSLY considered calling the animal shelter and reporting the breeder. Who knows what other puppies have wrong with them?!?!?! My mom said there were dogs all over the place, and Tink smelled horrible. I hope there is good news on monday :( Thanks everybody.
<3-Briana and Tink

Roxyluvsme13
10-22-2005, 01:46 PM
just a thought...

Tink's blood sugar could be dropping so low because there could be too long of a time period between her meals. I have heard this is a common problem in the very small toy breed puppies.
Perhaps try serving her several small meals a day, or leaving food out all the time until she gets a bit bigger.
She has food out all day, she has been eating 4-6 times a day, but yesterday for some reason she didnt eat...but they have to figure out WHY it keeps dropping...

Roxyluvsme13
10-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Tink looks Cute at the moment, and is still not exactly herself, but MUCH closer! By tomorrow maybe she will be her full self eating like a horse again...*sigh* I hope so..:) Thanks for all the hugs prayers and support!
Briana and Tink

dogzr#1
10-23-2005, 09:45 AM
why did they have to put the puppy to sleep why couldnt they just raise it? im pritty sure you can hold some case against them and if they are byb then you can call ur spca or shelter and tell them and they may be able to shut them down or charge them or something so they will get there act together, did you actually see the dogs? how do you know she was a product of byb?

The puppy was to young to leave his mother and siblings so he was very weak. They wanted to shut down the breeder but they didn't even get his address so they didn't know where he lived. I myself didn't see the dogs but my cousin said that he had alot of different kind of dogs. I assumed he was a BYB because he sold the puppy at such a young age.

lv4dogs
10-24-2005, 10:11 AM
I hope she's improving!

I'm glad you reported the breeder to your shelter, but I'd also call the breeder yourself (have your mom call), I'd also report the breeder to local vet offices.
Did she come with any type of health guarantee??? Even if not I'd proabably be getting in touch with a lawyer. I'd do everything to shut the breeder down!

Good luck with her & keep us updated!

Roxyluvsme13
10-24-2005, 02:22 PM
I hope she's improving!

I'm glad you reported the breeder to your shelter, but I'd also call the breeder yourself (have your mom call), I'd also report the breeder to local vet offices.
Did she come with any type of health guarantee??? Even if not I'd proabably be getting in touch with a lawyer. I'd do everything to shut the breeder down!

Good luck with her & keep us updated!
We didn't report the breeder, I said were thinking about it
No Call from the Vet, but Tink seems herself completely today :)

wolfie
10-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Get well soon Tink!

Situations like that are so sad with puppy mills and BYB's. Because you want to adopt the dog just to save it from that place, and then they have all sorts of health problems, and you gave the "breeder" money to continue doing what they're doing. :(

edit: (this isn't just at Roxyluvsme13... I mean "you" as in "the general animal-loving public")

Roxyluvsme13
10-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Get well soon Tink!

Situations like that are so sad with puppy mills and BYB's. Because you want to adopt the dog just to save it from that place, and then they have all sorts of health problems, and you gave the "breeder" money to continue doing what they're doing. :(

edit: (this isn't just at Roxyluvsme13... I mean "you" as in "the general animal-loving public")
I know...I hate puppy mills so much...They are no fair to life..all they use their animals for is breeding. They dont take care of them, and they all need to go away! look how much they contribute to the animal pop.!!! We paid alot for Tink, and thats why we thought this was a good breeder! But apparently not :( Oh Tink's hump on her back where she had SubQ Iv's the first time she went to the vet, is going away :)

Karen
10-24-2005, 02:51 PM
You should definitely report her breeder to the Humane Society, even if it is just for the fleas that she obviously came with that made her so sick, and anything else the vet finds.

She'll be in our prayers until the vet gives the "all clear." Keep and photocopy all the vet bills and records, just in case.

Roxyluvsme13
10-24-2005, 02:55 PM
You should definitely report her breeder to the Humane Society, even if it is just for the fleas that she obviously came with that made her so sick, and anything else the vet finds.

She'll be in our prayers until the vet gives the "all clear." Keep and photocopy all the vet bills and records, just in case.
Well...we don't know the breeders name, but from what my mom said (I wasn't there) the living conditions were horrible :( Would they want our names?