PDA

View Full Version : Getting a New Dog

bella123
10-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Hello
Well after we had to put Chipper down, we decided to get a new dog, he is a Golden 10 months old we will be picking him up on Saturday. I'm very excited. The problem is the dog's name is STEWIE...................Its no biggie but I don't really like the name so my friends can any one come up with a name that sounds like STEWIE??????????????????

Thanks

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Do you need a name that sounds like Stewie? We changed my Doberman's name from Ebony to Keeva with no problems at all and they're not at all similar. I'll try to come up with some for you though, and congrats on the new addition! :)

bella123
10-18-2005, 08:22 PM
He is 10 months old so I'm not sure, he would come by another name do you think i could change it

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-18-2005, 08:48 PM
He is 10 months old so I'm not sure, he would come by another name do you think i could change it

My Keeva is somewhere between 8 & 10 months, we're not really exactly sure since she's a rescue and like I said, she got used to it just fine. Really, all a name is to a dog is something we say to get their attention. I'm sure your Golden will catch on pretty quickly just as long as you praise him whenever you say his new name and he looks at you in response. Where are you getting him from? Chances are, if he is in a shelter or Humane Society they gave him the name and he probablt barely knows it. If you're getting him from a breeder it'll take him a little onger to get used to a new name but he'll get used to it :)

tikeyas_mom
10-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Dont worry abou thte name problem, pick anything you'd like.
When Igot my great dane, her name was Roxy, we changed it to Baby, and she only listens to that name now. ;)

sirrahved
10-19-2005, 09:34 AM
We kept Angel's name because we didn't know if she would stay with us furever. When it came to adopting her we already thought of her as Angel. She now, after five weeks, comes to a long list of names that aren't worth listing but I can assure you that most of them would sound nothing like Angel! She is four years old.

kimboe
10-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Same here, When I got my pup from the shelter his name was 'Spike' ugh....i had to change it right away. His name is Camen now.

Flatcoatluver
10-19-2005, 10:10 AM
one of my freinds dogs rescued and changed the name from pauncha to jack, and he was 2!

bella123
10-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Well all we got "STEWIE" and he is awesome, I decided to keep the name, hey what's in a name any ways. He is so wonderful needs lots of love and attention.

He loves being out here in the woods running and playing, we are thinking about an electronic fence any idea? Are the good or bad I don't want to tie him up, and I don't want him running into the woods. We have a swamp near us, and the dogs love going there.

Any thoughts!

k9krazee
10-22-2005, 03:49 PM
I've never been a fan of electric fences, some dogs just clench their teeth and run through, I also hate dogs tied on chains...my suggestion would be a regular ol' fence if you can, it really is worth the time and money to put it in.

Oh and congrats to your new family member, I love the name Stewie!!

jackie
10-22-2005, 07:22 PM
I think Stewie is a great name! But if you really dislike it, you could change it no problems. I adopted Bella when she was about four years old and Bo when he was one, and they learned their names fast!