PDA

View Full Version : Dogs or Cats?

petsmo.com
10-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Are you a dog lover, or a cat lover?

And since many of you likely have the best of both worlds, if you had to choose between one or the other, which would it be?

Cheers.

popcornbird
10-17-2005, 08:17 PM
I am a bird lover...:D...AND a cat lover, though I don't have my own kitty cat at this point. Hopefully one day I will have some kitties. 'dreams'

catnapper
10-17-2005, 08:34 PM
I love both. I have one dog and 5 cats. I'd have more dogs if Nicki wasn't the jealous type who NEEDS to be a single dog. If I had my pick, say I could ONLY have one over the other? I honestly don't know! I LOVE my cats. I LOVE my Nicki. I'd say I'm more partial to cats in general though

sammy101
10-17-2005, 08:46 PM
I love both. But i'm more of a dog person :)

Flatcoatluver
10-17-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm more of a dog person. I love cats too though

Vette
10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Um.. this is rather hard. LOL

i guess id pick dogs.

wolf_Q
10-17-2005, 09:08 PM
I've never had a cat, so I would have to say dogs. I'd love to have a cat someday though!

Karen
10-17-2005, 09:11 PM
This is Pet Talk - where every pet - regardless of breed or species - is loved and special. I will not choose between them!

BitsyNaceyDog
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
I have 5 dogs and 5 cats, and I honestly don't think I could ever live without a cat or a dog. If I absolutely had to choose between cats and dogs I'd probably have to say I'd have a dog.

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-17-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm most definitely a dog person, cats are nice to visit and look at pics of but I doubt I'll ever own one. That's not to say I don't like them though, they're just not my type of pet....:)

PJ's Mom
10-17-2005, 10:23 PM
I love both. But i'm more of a dog person :)

me too. :)

Kirbys Mom
10-17-2005, 10:28 PM
hmm..well growing up with dogs even though mom gave most of them away, and dad having an allegery to cats. i would say i'm a big dog person, and cant wait to get my baby ^_^ :D

IRescue452
10-17-2005, 10:36 PM
This is so tough, I'm more of a cat person I guess, but I'd like it if cats stayed physically the same and acted more like dogs. If I could take my cat to the "cat" park and for long walks and offleash runs I'd be thrilled. I'll always be an owner of both.

luvofallhorses
10-17-2005, 11:33 PM
This is Pet Talk - where every pet - regardless of breed or species - is loved and special. I will not choose between them!

I agree. :) I like both. :) as you can see in my signature I have both, so what's not to like?! :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-18-2005, 12:01 AM
I like both but I'm much more into cats than dogs. I think you can tell by my username too.LOL :)

Logan
10-18-2005, 12:37 AM
I cannot even begin to answer this question. Sorry, but like Karen, I choose them all! :o I have dogs, cats, birds and a fish. Each has a special place in this home and in my heart. I will say that my cat, Mimi, is the one pet that has been everywhere I have been over the last 16 years when at times, having a dog was impossible. But our family is just that and I can't choose a favorite.

Logan

tikeyas_mom
10-18-2005, 12:44 AM
i am more of a dog person honestly.. who would'a thought ;)?

carole
10-18-2005, 03:38 AM
I would like to consider myself an animal lover,but I am very partial to puddy tats, they are my favourite animal as such, but I love dogs, i just don't want to own one myself, but I certainly can enjoy other people's dogs.

Sonia59
10-18-2005, 03:44 AM
I started in my life as a dog person (we always had dogs at home). Then I turned to be a Cat lover with my first cat, and I will be a cat lover for the rest of my life.

But I also love dogs and all animals in general! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-18-2005, 04:17 AM
I love both cats and dogs, but I prefer cats; so that makes me a cat-person hey :D .

swimma253
10-18-2005, 05:11 AM
Im more of a dog person. :)

chocolatepuppy
10-18-2005, 05:22 AM
I have dogs, cats and fish! I love all pets! I'd like to have one of each kind of pet there is! :D

beeniesmom
10-18-2005, 08:29 AM
I have to be honest. I consider myself a dog lover/ dog person.
I've had cats as a child and they've always scared me.
I'd wake up with one on me looking at me or I'd get up and get a drink of water and they would be hanging from the drapes or the screen and the yellow eyes would freak me out. Also the purring sound is wierd to me.
I do like to hold cats once in a while and cuddle with them and I do think that they are the most beautiful creatures, but if I had to chose between owning a dog or cat, I'd definately go with dogs. :)
Hope all the cat lovers out there still like me.

JenBKR
10-18-2005, 08:36 AM
I could never choose, I love them both! :D

Kfamr
10-18-2005, 08:44 AM
100% Dog Lover, Dog Person. I do like cats, and I do love my cat-nephew, maybe even one day I'll have a cat of my own. But, If I had the chance to get another dog or a cat, I'd choose to get another dog in a heartbeat.

Dogs truely are the fuel for my heart.

finn's mom
10-18-2005, 08:47 AM
As for me being a dog person or a cat person...it depends on the moment I'm in. I would say I'm equally both, just because there are things that cats give that dogs don't, and, vice versa. I love having both when I can. I don't think I could decide. When I moved out of my ex's apartment, and, our cat, Lock, stayed with him, and, Finn went with me...it was based completely on housing. Chris had a good sized apartment and Lock was better there...I moved into a house with a yard and Finn was better off there. :) But, if I had been given the opportunity, I would have taken both.

lv4dogs
10-18-2005, 08:52 AM
I love both... but IF I HAD to choose I would choose dog.

k9krazee
10-18-2005, 04:52 PM
I really love all animals but like my name...I am crazy for canines. I don't think I could possibly live without a dog, I am even planning a way where I can still be away from home but take my dogs (Micki and Jack) with me when I go to college...I could live without cats though. I love my cats to pieces and my guinea pigs and gecko but I am definately more of a dog person.

Suki Wingy
10-18-2005, 05:47 PM
DOGS DEFFINATLEY! not that I don't like kitties, I just like dogs a whole lot more!

dogzr#1
10-18-2005, 06:13 PM
100% dog lover!! I am not much of a cat person but I still like cats. If my mom said we could only get a cat and no other animal I'll accept in a heartbeat. But I love all animals but I truly am a dog lover at heart. If I had a choice between a new kitty or new doggie I would pick the doggie in a heartbeat!!