PDA

View Full Version : they chose these idiots over me?

cali
10-17-2005, 06:46 PM
ok remeber when I applied at Petcetera? and I was not approoved for the job? well we went there today to see what they had for gerbils, and the 2 girls working in the critter department were total morons, this is how it went, we wanted to get a closer look at the pink eyed white they had so we go ask, and this is what we watch "you do it" "no you go do it!" "nuh uh! I dont want to get bitten!" "oh fine I will do it" she then proceeds to put on very heavy, thick garden gloves to pick up a gerbil and put him in a box. :eek: she then brings it out, I stick my hands in the box pick up the little guy and start chattin with him and holding him like he was one of mine, jeeze we were ready to offer to take him out ourselves :rolleyes: and these are the girls that were hired over me who has more then 10 years of experience owning and breeding critters? :confused:

tikeyas_mom
10-18-2005, 12:47 AM
trust me, you dont wanna work at petcetera.. i worked there for a year it was'nt worth it at all.. they murder animals there.

Giselle
10-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Don't they sell puppies and kittens as well? If so, their lack of knowledge and morality is obviously reflected in their choice of employees.

binka_nugget
10-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Don't they sell puppies and kittens as well? If so, their lack of knowledge and morality is obviously reflected in their choice of employees.

Nope, some (if not, all) Petcetera's bring in dogs from the SPCA to adopt out.

moosmom
10-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Cali,

Don't feel bad. Things happen for a reason. Besides, you're too GOOD for them!!!!

I applied to PetSmart THREE times!!!! The third time I got lucky and was fortunate enough to be chosen for an interview. You should've SEEN what kinda people also got interviews( and were eventually hired). I guess my hair was the wrong color (not purple) and I didn't have enough piercings and tattoos. As always, I was NOT chosen, even though I was told that my interview went VERY well and with my experience in animal rescue and retail, I'd be hearing from them. Never did. Their loss.

So, as far as Petcetera goes, think of it as THEIR loss, not yours!! Something will come up, trust me.

In the meantime...((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Donna

cali
10-18-2005, 08:41 AM
petceteras have have there own adoption center called "PAWS" where the animals from the local shelters come before the shelters open so that people who are at work from 12-5 have the oppurtunity to adopt. (well there one here anyway lol)

T_M- Really?? I have never heard that before, exept for extremly high prices($15 for a $1 toy) I always thought is was a really nice store, and it looked great when I got the tour of all the employee areas..

wolfsoul
10-18-2005, 09:58 AM
I worked at Petcetera too (for WE hours). I always had fun when I was helping customers, but other than that, there's not much to it. Many hours of horrendous merchandising, dead animals everywhere (not to mention they kill them on purpose), the amount of brand new pet equipment that they make you smash and throw away, cleaning the sick room that smells like the plague, standing on an unsteady ladder terrified to fall and break your neck, painting the staff room (which takes hours, believe me, I did it by myself), feeding the poor animals Gatorade because it "makes them better," having to watch people buy things day in and day out without being able to tell them that what they are buying is crap, the amount of highschool drama between the staff members, they only give you the tax off of products as a discount, they make you pay to put your dogs in the doggy daycare...etc. By the time you get home, your feet and back are kiling you and all you can do is sleep. Do what I did -- get a job at a grooming parlor. :p

jackie
10-18-2005, 10:30 AM
They kill animals there? :(

I always though it was a great company. I guess next time I am in Vancouver I will look somewhere else.

wolfsoul
10-18-2005, 10:32 AM
They kill animals there? :(

Yeah, instead of giving animals health care they put them in bags and bash them against a wall. :(

jackie
10-18-2005, 10:46 AM
^ OMG. Why doesn't anyone report them then??? That is nuts, I would call the SPCA. :eek:

cali
10-18-2005, 06:43 PM
yikes! the one here does have some odd things but not that bad! more like little compitions over who sells the most(I know people who have worked there before). I have been in the sick bay at our petcetera its really nice, clean, no smell, the fishies have a special baby tank to protect them, people from the shelter work at the store etc.. there are WAAAAYYYYYYY worse petstores then petcetera around here, petcetera is one the best here for taking care of their animals,its just expensive. the managers here were very nice and would have hired me, but the initial interview forms had to go to their head office in BC, they are the ones the refused me, and hired the 2 dolts I mentioned above lol other then cost petcetera is one of the best petstores in my city, the empliees and patspets are usually having peronal convos on the phone and completly ignoring their custumers, I clearly remeber going to one location and one custamers saying there was a dead fish in a tank, the employees response was "fish it out yourself" :eek: A-1 Aquarium its an exellent fish store but they are liers about there fuzzy critters. I know when we got the guinea pigs, my mom was there every other day waiting till the babys were born and for 3 weeks till they were ready to leave, we arrived the day they were 3 weeks old and the employees tried to tell us the babys were 5 weeks old and most had left the week before :eek: AKA they were pulled from their mom at 2 weeks old. the petland here has decided that birds are the same as puppys and kittens, they clip all there wings and place them in low pens so that everyone can pet them :rolleyes: its insane.

Flatcoatluver
10-19-2005, 10:17 AM
ohhhh!! that is terrible!!!! god, be greatful you didn't get the job!! I can't even imagine that!!! thats horrible