PDA

View Full Version : getting a new dog and moving!

joycenalex
03-22-2002, 06:23 AM
hello all. this will be my last post for a few weeks. i am in the final stages of remodeling my first house and after the the movers are finished unloading my things, i'll be driving to the next town south to bring my new dog duke home to live with alex and me. i'd decided to do it like this, so that neither dog can do the "this house is mine you interloper" dog stare,(maybe i don't have enough stress in my life? LOL) alex is 6 and is a mild tempered dog who has fairly well controlled idiopathic epilepsy. duke is somewhere between 8-10 and had very infrequent seizures. both dogs are crate trained, well crate familiar, both dogs are neutered and both dogs are booked for physicals at the vet the first week in april.
i have been working like a crazy woman to get as much of the house painting, cleaning and so forth done since i know chemicals have been seizure triggers for alex before and i want the place fully aired out. i am so looking forward to my first unbooked weekend...hey doesn't owning a house mean no more free weekends? :D bye joyce and alex the wonder dog, columbus ohio

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-22-2002, 06:40 AM
Congrats on your your new home!
Good Luck to you and Alex and Duke!

aly
03-22-2002, 07:01 AM
Congrats! Can't wait until you're all settled in! :)

lizbud
03-22-2002, 03:13 PM
Thanks for letting everyone know, and MUCHO CONGRATS
on getting your house all fixed up (remodeled). Best of Luck
with the poochies... Liz & Buddy.

tatsxxx11
03-23-2002, 03:49 PM
Congratulations on the new home! And may I commend you on being such a thoughtful doggie Mom! I'm sure you'll be so happy to be settled in a few weeks! Good luck on the physicals, and we'll be looking forward to hearing from you when you're all settled!

joycenalex
04-01-2002, 05:19 PM
well we're all living in the new house :D and the dogs are tolerating each other very well!!:D and i cannot find too many things :rolleyes: but a fenced back yard is great. the first night we were all together, alex slept on the bed (rare)next to me, keeping himself between me and duke; duke was stressed and whimpered off and on all night, but now it's snores instead of whimpers, and both doggies are sleeping in their own beds. this will be great! best wishes, joyce the human, alex and duke the dogs, columbus ohio

AmberLee
04-01-2002, 06:45 PM
Hope you are settling in nicely! (And I hope you get organized faster than I did. I still have some boxes I haven't unpacked from my move almost 3 years ago. :o :eek: Good luck to you. )

sammi
04-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Welcome back!