PDA

View Full Version : Back from the doctors....

catnapper
10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
As some of you might remember, I asked about cramps for my daughter. She and I had gone to the doctor today... her in one exam room, me in another. It helped ease her nerves.

Anyhoooo... she's perfectrly fine, just normal ovaulation (according to the dr). We have a prescription for birth control pills. Hubby is NOT happy about it, but he's agreed that if thats what the doctor recommends, then that is what she gets.

Me, on the other hand is a completely different story. :( I have to go back next Monday for an Ultra sound, and sometime this week I need to fast and have extensive bloodwork done :( I NEVER expected to walk out needing to return for more tests. I'm upset, scared, nervous. I'll have a whole week of worry til the ultra sound, and then worry to wait for the results of the bloodwork and ultrasound.

I went today because I wanted to help ease my daughter's fears (that and it was time for my yearly), and I walk out with a whole gut wrenching set of my own!!!

Logan
10-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Kim, try and settle down. What is it that they are looking for with all the tests, or do you know?

I know you're worried and we will worry along with you, but try not to get too upset until you get some answers.

I'm glad your daughter is ok.

Logan

janelle
10-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Sorry they found something wrong with you. Hope it comes out ok.

Is your daughter going on the pill for being sexual? If she is then tell her the more sexual partners she has the more she is likely to get the papaloma virus and set herself up for cervical cancer in the future. She would deffinitely have to watch that in years to come.

They have a vaccine for it now but it may be a long time before they perfect it.

katienoonan
10-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Sorry they found something wrong with you. Hope it comes out ok.

Is your daughter going on the pill for being sexual? If she is then tell her the more sexual partners she has the more she is likely to get the papaloma virus and set herself up for cervical cancer in the future. She would deffinitely have to watch that in years to come.

They have a vaccine for it now but it may be a long time before they perfect it.

If I remember correctly, she is going on the pill because she has VERY VERY bad cramps.

janelle
10-17-2005, 04:26 PM
I hope they help.

RobiLee
10-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Try not to worry too much, Kim. I'm sure everything is going to be just fine. I'm glad that you decided to go with what the dr. recommended for your daughter and I hope that it helps to relieve most of her discomfort.

jenluckenbach
10-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Kim, don't worry about what you have no control over. Allowing the thought of troubles upset you will not change the ultimate results. So relax and wait. If you like, WE can do the worrying for you. ;)