PDA

View Full Version : new here

Deb Motter
03-22-2002, 05:58 AM
Well, I guess I could formally introduce myself and my Bonnie girl, even though I got ahead of myself and posted already. It is great to find a place where people love to talk about their dogs. I have learned so much just by browsing all the posts.

I am Deb and my husband is Dave. I'm a stay at home mom with Bonnie for now, she just wouldn't like being alone all day.

Bonnie is sweet
And cute and smart---sometimes way too smart!
The most wonderful dog in the world
In my opinion

She also occasionally nominates herself
For the "Most Annoying Dog of the Year" award.
And WINS!

After having a geriatric Lab-Rottie for several years, we forgot how exhausting a pup can be! Wow! She is full of energy. (I actually don't think our other dogs WERE this demanding). She is like a personal trainer to me. "Now Mom", its time to go for a walk" (speedwalk, if she has her way). "Now it's time to throw the ball 99 times. Now throw the Frisbee." "Let's chase the laser light". Now it's time to bike ride with the Bikerdog." "OK, time for lunch." etc... (Agility starts next week.)

We don't know for sure WHAT kind she is, except her mom was a German Shepherd mix, mostly tan. From her behavior she might have some border collie...who knows.? She does try to herd me around. I would be glad to hear your guesses.

Our biggest challenge is that she is so excitable and friendly. She would knock down a neighbor child with her boisterous, loving greeting and scare them to death. We are really working hard on the sit, down, stay and come commands, but off leash, she is just GONE!

I'll try to post 3 pictures of her-- at 10 wks; 5 months, and now.

Thanks for giving me a chance to go on and on about my obsession!

At 10 weeks. Now and always her favorite spot is at the window, watching for Daddy.

Deb Motter
03-22-2002, 06:00 AM
Bonnie at 5 months; Her ears and legs are growing faster than the rest of her!

Deb Motter
03-22-2002, 06:03 AM
Bonnie today: So regal and adult looking---but she's really wondering, "When can I sneak into the bathroom and steal the toilet paper again?"

anna_66
03-22-2002, 06:58 AM
Always nice to have someone new! I think you'll like it as much as I do! That Bonnie is such a sweetheart, I love her ears! Always love to see the pics! Again Welcome! Look forward to hearing from you again:D

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-22-2002, 07:44 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Deb! You are going to love it here. I know I do.

Bonnie's pictures are great! What an adorable puppy she was and what a beuatiful adult she has become! I love the way her ear bends!

Tanya&Fritz
03-22-2002, 08:04 AM
Welcome! I also have a pup. He's one now but sure doesn't act it. This morning he was chewing on something and I just thought "I give up, it's your problem if you get sick!". Then I went to put my earrings on and one was missing:eek: I'll probably find it in the backyard when I get home tonight!

hobird58
03-22-2002, 09:01 AM
Welcome Deb and Dave and Bonnie. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Bonnie is adorable. I have a 5 month old Golden Ret. who looks (long and lanky) like Bonnie did at 5 months.

I am new too and really have loved joining this group!

S & S
(Sal and Sierra)

"Where there is love there is life" Gandhi

jennifert
03-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Welcome to PetTalk! Bonnie is such a beauty!! You said her mom was a german right? She looks a lot like my Duncan with those long legs! That doesn't help yo much since I have no idea what type of dog Duncan is!! :p But Bonnie also reminds me of Barbiro's lady, a flat-coated retriever. And I certainly see border collie in that pretty pretty face, and those petite feet!

I look forward to seeing more pictures and learning more about you and your family!

Welcome!

wolflady
03-22-2002, 03:29 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Deb!! Bonnie is an absolutely gorgeous dog!! She sounds like a lot of fun, and what a pretty face!!!
I see you're in West Lafayette! Did you go to Purdue??!! LOL LOL That's where I went!:D I'm a transplant midwesterner to the west coast! Be sure to give Bonnie a big hug from me and say hello to good ol West Lafayette for me too!!:D

**hugs**
Karen

tatsxxx11
03-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Welcome Deb, Dave and Bonnie!!! Bonnie is adorable!!!:) What a beautiful girl. I love those ears! And she has the sweetest face:) What a doll! And Deb, for a second there I thought my Lab Star was spending some unwelcome time at your house!:D

After having a geriatric Lab-Rottie for several years, we forgot how exhausting a pup can be! Wow! She is full of energy. (I actually don't think our other dogs WERE this demanding). She is like a personal trainer to me. "Now Mom", its time to go for a walk" (speedwalk, if she has her way). "Now it's time to throw the ball 99 times. Now throw the Frisbee." "Let's chase the laser light". Now it's time to bike ride with the Bikerdog." "OK, time for lunch." etc... (Agility starts next week

Welcome to you all from one certified personal trainer to another!:D

sabies
03-22-2002, 03:54 PM
Bonnie is adorable, very smart looking too. Welcome to Pet Talk!

Crikit
03-22-2002, 05:46 PM
Hey Deb welcome to pet talk :D Bonnies adorable both as a pup and an adult

ilovehounds
03-22-2002, 05:47 PM
Wow bonnie is beautiful. Those are really good pictures, its hard to get nice pictures of black dogs but you have done an amazing job at capturing bonnie and her beauty.

I see the shepherd in her, looking into her face is like looking into our shepherds face she also looks like a black lab ?? whatever she is shes beautiful.

Welcome and keep those great pix coming :D

*LabLoverKEB*
03-22-2002, 06:12 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Deb Motter!!!:) ;) I'm sure you'll love it here! I have a Black Lab, named Sadie!

Again, welcome!:)

Deb Motter
03-23-2002, 06:42 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcomes. And the guesses about Bonnie.
It's fun to guess when you don't know. She is about 45 lbs "full grown", not as big as we thought she would get. We have also speculated about Labs, Treveurns, and Flatcoats in her background, but she is smaller. Even smaller than her shepherd mix mom.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here.

Logan
03-23-2002, 07:01 AM
Hi Deb, and welcome to Pet Talk! I think Bonnie is adorable, whatever she is. She has that "I'm a busy girl" look about her for sure!!! It does get easier in most cases (except Sandra's Star, who is still a ball of energy)! :eek: I think Personal Trainer is a perfect word for you moms with active kids!!

Anyway, hug Bonnie for us!! And keep on bringing those picture to us! We love them!!

Logan
Mom to 3 year old Honey and Lilly, Golden Retrievers

jackiesdaisy1935
03-23-2002, 09:59 AM
Hi Deb, first of all welcome to PetTalk, second I am in love with Bonnie. She is adorable, I don't know what she is, but look at that face, it's saying "what can I get into next?" There is nothing like a nawtee dawg to keep one on their toes. lol I loved that picture, she really is sweet.
Jackie
Oh I almost forgot, I have two Mini Schnauzers, Miss Daisy who is also black and Perry a salt and pepper. The love of our lives.

aly
03-24-2002, 11:17 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! Excuse my late response but I have been away from Pet Talk for a few days working my hiney off. Bonnie is absolutely gorgeous. She looks so soft and cuddly and so regal at the same time. I *think* you posted her pic in another topic and I commented she looked Lab/Chow (or was that someone else?). Anyway after seeing her up close I don't think she's Lab/Chow anymore. I definately see the Shepherd. I'm going to go stare at her lovely pics to see if I can see anything else in her.

Hope you get as addicted to this site as the rest of us :D

Gio
03-25-2002, 06:11 AM
Hi Deb and Bonnir,

welcome to Pet Talk. :)

K9karen
03-26-2002, 10:07 AM
A very late, but heartfelt Welcome! :D
Bonnie is a beaute! I almost forgot what it was like to have a puppy, but all the time involved, work and demands are worth it! I've decided that Bonnie is the BEST of many breeds, all jumbled to produce a winner!!!! ;)
My name is Karen and after 10 years, and am still wrapped around the paws of Cody, a Golden Ret/Yellow Lab mix!

Sudilar
03-26-2002, 03:21 PM
http://www.plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxwave.gif Welcome!! Bonnie is beautiful!! You're gonna love it here.

wolflady
03-29-2002, 04:56 PM
Oh, I'm in absolute love with this dog Samson, that is available in a shelter not far from San Jose!!! If only I was home enough to give a dog the attention it needs! Sadly, I still must wait, but I still think he's beautiful! Reminded me of your Bonnie!:D He's a flat coated retriever/collie mix.

http://www.marinhumanesociety.org/images/animals/samson1.jpg

Deb Motter
03-30-2002, 06:45 AM
I love the picture of samson! He does look a lot like Bonnie, but his nose is longer from the collie. He is gorgeous!

How I wish I could adopt some more doggies! My husband thinks Bonnie is enough for us for now, and he is probably right, but I would love to have a houseful of homeless ones.

Here is a picture I found of Bonnie's mom at the farm where we got her. None of the pups looked anything like her. Bonnie is more delicately built.

There was a litter of 9 identical little black balls of fur. I cringe when I remember that the lady said the rest were going to the shelter. (There were 5 left after we took Bon) I wish we could have had all of them.

jennifert
04-01-2002, 11:07 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Samson! I have a severe weakness for black hairy dogs that look just like that!!! (take a gander at Duncan, can't you tell!!!!! :D ) Thank God he is all the way across the country or I would have to take the afternoon off and go get him and man, would my roommate be MAD AT ME!!!! I hope he gets adopted right away. I'm going to go check out their website, Marin County right?

I know exactly what you mean about having a household full of them! When I buy a house, it will definitely have a big yard and as much space as possible for dog beds in the bedroom and ball playing in the living area!! How nice that you knew Bonnie as a little tyke. And her mom! Have you heard anything about how the other pups are? I'm sure they found wonderful homes, being puppies and adorable ones at that! (Is there such a thing as a puppy that ISN't adorable?)