PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a letter asap, please

king2005
10-17-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm quitting my post office job right now. I have never left a job like this & have no idea how to write a nice I quit letter.

I need to have it written really soon & what I have so far sounds retarded.

Any help will be appriciated

Logan
10-17-2005, 03:01 PM
I have no idea why you are quitting, but basically, you need to give them notice (2 weeks is customary in my world), but other words are not necessary. Obviously, you need to be prepared to work out whatever notice you give them.

king2005
10-17-2005, 03:05 PM
the company lied about my pay & hours, so I went job hunting & found a better job. I know I should give 2 weeks. however I already gave all 3 of my shifts to another person, incaise I did get the better job (which I got about an hour ago, YAY)

I have this so far:

==
Dear: Shoppers Drug Mart,

I Jessica King will be terminating my employment as of Oct 17th 2005.
Thank you for the opportunity to work in your store, it was greatly appreciated.

Jessica King
Postal Clerk
==

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Dear: Shoppers Drug Mart,

This serves to confirm that I willl be terminating my employment effective Oct 17th 2005.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for making my stay here an interesting and enjoyable one.

Yours sincerely

Jessica King

kimboe
10-17-2005, 04:01 PM
That sounds really good Ally Cat's Mommy!

king2005
10-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks Everyone :)

They tried to keep me. They wanted me to work on the floor as a managers assistant. I told them no. I have a for sure full time job with higher pay, & I need to make money to pay bills & eat & having an iffy job isn't worth it.