PDA

View Full Version : Sick Betta?

areias
10-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Uh-oh...I think my orange betta is sick. I noticed last night that his tail fins are wrapped tightly together, he didn't eat this morning, he's sitting at the top of his bowl, and his color is dull. Also, when I showed him to my other Betta he didn't flare at all..very very strange for him.

I looked on Betta Talk but I didn't see much that could be his problem..he dosen't appear to have any type of fungus, and I don't think he has a bacterial infection..I change the water every week. :confused: I think I'm going to try to add aquarium salt to his bowl. Any suggestions would be great...I've really grown attached to him.

LuvGold00
10-17-2005, 06:49 PM
I would do a 100% water change and add some aquarium salt.... Also, if you can get the temp of his water between 78-80 that may help.

Good luck!

areias
10-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks. I did a water change and I put some aquarium salt in there, along with about half a dose of betta remedy. This morning he did eat, not as quickly as he usually does (he's usually a little piggy), but at least he ate. His tail is still clamped but he got more active. I think he's going to be okay.

Logan
10-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Hope he will be ok! Funny how much we love those fishies, just like our other pets! Otto, our blue Betta, and I have a talk every morning!!!! :D

Flatcoatluver
10-19-2005, 11:05 AM
sorry this is kinda random i have never seen that color on a betta before to you have any pics?

areias
10-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Update: he ate like the pig he is this morning and he is much darker orange. He was also flaring at the sun reflecting off the wall :rolleyes: . Here's a picture...I'm going to have to get some more, I was doing a water change when I took this.

http://tinypic.com/ehgb61.jpg

He's orange, with blue eyes, his two little fins (I'm not sure what you call them-the two long strings that hang down) on the bottom are blue, and his tail is tipped blue.