PDA

View Full Version : Man dies trying to save dog

wolf_Q
10-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Very sad story. :( I hope if they don't keep the dog, they will at least find him a good home.

http://www.abc4.com/local_news/local_headlines/story.aspx?content_id=81FD8EE1-3BDE-4846-B460-B95FF492AFE9

K9karen
10-16-2005, 11:57 PM
This situation just came up tonight in a conversation with my friend. Call me insane. But I swear to God that I would never hesitate to automatically try to rescue my Logan in any situation. She's part of me. I sure as hell know she'd save me. But then again, I know I'm the kind of person who would try to save any living creature in trouble. I can't bear seeing anything in distress or helpless.
I hope the dog recovers. Whatever happens, I hope it lives a long, healthy, happy life. My intuition tells me that the dog will never forget it's owner.

Vette
10-17-2005, 02:27 AM
Awww. :(

he looked one of those guys that would have done something good with his life too. i mean the kind that find cures for canacer and stuff. or try too.

not saying that trying to save your dog isnt great..
i know id probably do the samething... and i cant swim

elizabethann
10-17-2005, 08:14 AM
I just hope Justin's father doesn't take the dog in. :(

Very sad story. Justin is a hero. He sounds like he was an incredible human being. We need more people in the world like him. I think if a child fell in that river, Justin would have jumped in to save it.

RIP Justin.

cyber-sibes
10-17-2005, 08:19 AM
How heartbreaking. As much as I love animals, I have to say it sure would be hard to loose my son in a situation like this, I can understand his dad's attitude. Hopefully the dog will live somewhere he's wanted, he deserves that after all he's been through. I pray this young man's family can find some peace, my heart really goes out to them. :(

senorita02
10-17-2005, 08:48 AM
that is a horribly sad story, i would have done the same thing, but i have to say the dad sounds like a real a-hole, obviously the dog meant a whole lot to his son, so why would he say such rude comments?
"what kind of person would do this?"
obviously his son did.
i hope the dog gets a better home than that.

jackie
10-17-2005, 09:08 AM
that is a horribly sad story, i would have done the same thing, but i have to say the dad sounds like a real a-hole, obviously the dog meant a whole lot to his son, so why would he say such rude comments?

He sounds like an "a-hole"? Thats funny, to me he sounds like he is a man grieving the loss of his young son, who is probably pretty angry at the situation. Everyone handles stress and trauma differently.

RIP Justin.

pitc9
10-17-2005, 09:39 AM
He sounds like an "a-hole"? Thats funny, to me he sounds like he is a man grieving the loss of his young son, who is probably pretty angry at the situation. Everyone handles stress and trauma differently.
RIP Justin.

We all agree that the man is grieving the loss of his son, but Blade is all he has left of his son... why wouldn't he want to hold on to him?
So what may "sound funny" to one person is another person's opinion.

ramanth
10-17-2005, 09:42 AM
So tragic. :( :(

jackie
10-17-2005, 09:53 AM
I agree everyone is entitled to their opinions, but calling a man who just lost his son an a-hole is crossing the line.

If I was in the man's shoes I would probably want to keep the dog, as a reminder of my son, but I understand why this man may not want to keep the animal.

What a sad story. :(

senorita02
10-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Jackie , i am entitled to my opinion and no i dont think i have crossed any line, if someone i loved or cared about especially my son or daughter died that way, i would do whatever it was possible to care for the poor animal, knowing that is what my lost loved one would have obviously wanted, considering he did die for the dog.
Poeple do grieve differently , but to me the man sounds like he was a little harsh.
And i was expecting someone to say i was out of line, but am allowed to say what i feel. :)

lizbud
10-17-2005, 01:12 PM
What a tragic situation. :( I hope the man is just speaking out of grief
and sadness. I probably would want to keep the dog since he was one my
child loved so much.

Vette
10-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Maybe he doesnt want the dog because everytime he looks at the dog hes reminded that his son died. and since its french on everyons mind... the reminder isnt a happy one.

i had a friend who gave me something who is now dead.. and i put it up away in a box under my bed out of my eye sight as i found that it was a rather bad reminder and just made me sad everytime i seen it.