PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks. I am angry and upset right now.

ChrisH
10-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Some fireworks, bangers, were set off right by my house a few minutes ago. :mad:

I am so angry with those who set them off and so upset for the creatures who are, and who going to be, terrified.

I am also mad at my next door neighbour. Her poor cats, Burton and Tyler seem to be perm ........ there goes another one, out the front this time ... to continue ... Burton and Tyler appear to be permanent outside cats now so are going to be in extra danger, plus this is going to be Tyler's first firework season and he will most likely be terrified.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Karen
10-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Are fireworks legal over there? They are in some U.S. states, but not in ours. We still hear them around Independence Day and Chinese New Year, though.

moosmom
10-16-2005, 01:21 PM
ChrisH,

While I understand fireworks on the allowed holidays, that is totally unacceptable!!! I'd call the police. There's no reason for them to be setting off fireworks this time of year, except to be a nuisance.

Poor cats!! (and you, of course ;) )

ChrisH
10-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes, Karen, fireworks are legal, I am sorry to say.

Donna, this goes on year after year.
We have what is called Bonfire night on Nov 5th, (all to do with a man called Guy Fawkes who was foiled in his his attempt to blow up parliment) as the name implies bonfires are lit and fireworks let off. Years and years ago that's all it was, just that one night and ir was great fun for all. Now of course there are fireworks set off at Halloween time and New Year too, which seems to make the 'season' last from early October onward.
People, kids, get fireworks from somewhere and find it great fun to go around setting them off willynilly. And yes, that is illegal, but it is so hard to catch the boogers.

moosmom
10-16-2005, 02:15 PM
ChrisH,

I'm sure glad I don't live in YOUR neighborhood!!!! ;)

ChrisH
10-16-2005, 04:05 PM
ChrisH,

I'm sure glad I don't live in YOUR neighborhood!!!! ;)
Donna, I wish I didn't live in my neighbourhood either. :)