PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack!!!

moosmom
10-16-2005, 11:55 AM
I am in the middle of a true panic attack!!! I do mean true...hyperventilating, etc. Not only has reality set in about my move, but I'm finding out how REAAAAAAALLLLLLYY small my car is and how much of my stuff I'm going to be able to fit into it, which INCLUDES the cat carriers.

I have heard NOTHING from PurrsAbound about Parker yet. I absolutely, positively CANNOT fit her in my car. I've sent countless emails with no responses. They put out an SOS on my situation. If they don't answer me by the time I leave, I'm afraid I'll have to put her in a shelter or have her boarded

I called one of my friends in CT with a truck to see if he could help me. I even offered to pay for his gas!! He said that his in-laws are moving in with he and his wife and he's helping them.

:eek: :eek: :eek: What am I going to do??? It's times like this when I wish I had a big honking SUV. Can't do a trailer cuz my car is too small and won't accommodate it. Can't afford to hire someone. Can't afford to rent a small U-Haul truck.

God's testing me again. This one's a final exam!!! :rolleyes:

Randi
10-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Oh what a situation! :( But don't panic - you won't think clearly! Donna, can you rent a big van perhaps?

Two of my girlfriends got a car to drive across USA some years ago to deliver to someone, it was totally free for them. Do they still do that?

I hope it all works out! :)

moosmom
10-16-2005, 12:41 PM
After a good cry, looking at all the stuff I have, I've decided that I need to concentrate on the things I'll NEED while in CT as opposed to the trinkets I've collected over the years. Casey (RB, 2002) and Tigger's (RB, 1999) ashes are going with me.

My SIL offered her garage for me to store my stuff in. As much as it pains me to leave all that I treasure behind, that's the way it has to be for now. The thought of having to return to MI really makes me ill. But so be it.

I AM taking some pictures with me. I heard from PurrsAbound. They've found a foster home for Parker. She's savy in Meezer behavior and has worked with the Michigan Humane Society. That is one load off my mind.

So, onward and upward. Thanks for the encouragement, Randi. It means alot to me.

Hugs,

Donna

NoahsMommy
10-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Sweet Donna,

I'm glad Parker is accounted for...I'm sure that makes you feel a ton better.

As for the other stuff...its just stuff and you can get it when you're more settled. Just take what you and the cats NEED.

That is exactly where I'm at. I cannot physically move anything, so I'm counting on my brother and David to help me out. I only have with me what I need to live...no extras. Its hard, but you'll be surprised what you can live without. ;)

I'll keep you and the furkids in my prayers, honey. I'm so sorry I didn't have my phone on me when you called. I've been utterly exhausted this weekend, so I've been napping a lot. :(

Lots of hugs,
Kelly :)

moosmom
10-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Kelly,

Thanks for putting it into perspective. It IS just stuff. The most important things right now are what me and my furkids NEED! Everything else can come secondary.

The cry did me good though. Made me realize how much I miss CT, my friends and family.

I'm glad to hear you and the puddies settled, Kelly. I'll try and call you again.

Hugs,

Donna

davidpizzica
10-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Sweetheart, that's the best news I have heard! I'm so happy that Parker now has a foster home, and that this is one load off your mind. As noahsmommy said, just take the necessary things with you to Connecticut, then get the rest when you're settled.I'm glad that you had a good cry then settled down to think a little clearer. Honey, {{{{HUGS}}}} all the way to Connecticut!! Love you!

catnapper
10-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Sorry to hear you're having a panic attack over it.

Here's what I would do -- go to the u-haul store, UPS, Post office, etc and buy a couple of their large boxes and some bubble wrap. Then pack your trinkets in the boxes to store in your SIL's garage. Then once wrapped take it BACK to the post office, UPS, etc and have them estimate a price. Then write down a number on the box in big letter #1, #2, #3, etc. Have the list with you as to each box's weight and how much it would cost to have her mail it to you. Then when you have the $40 to ship box #1 to you, tell your SIL that you're sending the $40 can she take box #1 and have it shipped to you. That way, in a year (or more) you can have all the trinkets sent to you and you never have to step foot in MI ever again. It might sound outrageous to spend $40 to ship each box.... but it'll be the same as gas to drive or a plane ticket... with the added bonus of never seeing the town again!

Karen
10-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Great minds think alike, I was going to suggest the same thing! Boxes with priorities, then also if anyone's driving east, or even if you happen to return to MI for, say, a certain wedding, you can bring back important ones!

shais_mom
10-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Donna I know how resourceful and determined you are. I have a feeling you will figure it out! That's a great idea Kim.

jenluckenbach
10-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Donna, knowing that Parker is taken care of will ease your mind enormously. And Kim's idea is brilliant!!! Now all you need to do is think about how to place your NEEDED items into your car without wasting any space.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} And good luck vibes. :D

NoahsMommy
10-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Excellent idea, Kim!!!

Donna, how come every time you call me, I'm sleeping??? ;) I was napping when you called today and my phone was downstairs with my purse. I'm sorry, sweetie.

I'll try calling you on my home from work tomorrow on your cell. That'll be around 6:15 p.m. your time.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

P.S. Glad I was able to help. It truly is important to feel better with your decision, move and what your plans are. Taking only what you need and knowing you'll get the rest as soon as you can, will help ease the stress and leave you room for the kitties. :)

(((((Donna))))))

ramanth
10-17-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm glad a foster home was found for Parker. Good luck with everything Donna! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-17-2005, 09:50 AM
I cannot offer you any help from here; I would help if I could!! The advize given here looks excellent to me. One question: do you have a towing bracket on your car? If yes, you could rent a trailer and move more stuff! Or aluggage rack on top of your car? You can always use somebody else's.

Good luck, Donna!!!
((((((((((hugs)))))))))

trayi52
10-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Happy to hear a foster home was found for Parker. Now everything else should fall into place for you. You certainly don't need anymore heartaches or headaches.

Willie :)

sirrahbed
10-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Great to know that Parker has a place to go. You must be so relieved. Life will start looking better for you soon - this is my prayer. ((((HUGS)))

moosmom
10-17-2005, 01:26 PM
The panic has passed. My friend Carol called me from Vermont. She said the surest way to get alot of stuff in my car, is to pack it in large trash bags. Boxes take up way too much space. Now there's an idea.

I don't have any kind of hitch on my car to attach a trailer to or I'd have even more room.

I'm hoping once my friend's sons come over and take the furniture they're buying, it'll look less overwhelming than it does now.

I started breaking out in these little "bumps" that itch. I know it's the stress cuz I've had them before when I worked for lawyers. I have some prescription cream to put on them.

*Sigh* I'll be so glad when this is all over.

davidpizzica
10-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi, Donna! I just got an idea. (I don't get many of them, the brain hurts!) At U-haul I believe you can rent trailer hitches, too. At least in Pittsburgh you can. I don't know about Hell (Detroit), but it's worth looking into. {{{{HUGS}}}}, sweetheart!

RobiLee
10-17-2005, 04:51 PM
I feel for ya, Donna! {{Big Hugs}}

Hang in there. You are a strong woman and this will soon be over. Lots of positive thoughts and well wishes coming your way.

moosmom
10-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks for all your support guys!!

Davidp,

My car is way too small for a trailer hitch and renting a truck and towing my car is too expensive. I'm doing what Kelly did. Taking only what I need for me and my furkids. The rest will be stored until I can come back (say, next year for a certain wedding???) and get it.

I checked in with Target Temps today to see what is new. Shelly assured me that they'll find something for me closer to where I'll be temporarily staying.

Went to church yesterday when I started getting overwhelmed again. Lit a candle for myself this time. Felt better. God works in mysterious ways.

davidpizzica
10-18-2005, 01:46 PM
You're right, Donna the trailer would almost be close to the size of your car! Well, at least I know that "cats nap, only people put them to sleep" bumper sticker is going to Connecticut!

PJ's Mom
10-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Donna, I don't have anything different to say since so many others have said things so much better. I will say that I'd be hard pressed to find a stronger lady than you, and it may not seem like it now, but I know you're gonna get through this just fine. Good luck. :)

moosmom
10-18-2005, 08:56 PM
PJ's Mom,

;) Thanks!! I've gone through SO much more difficult stuff than this. This is a cake walk for me. I guess I'm just sad that I've got to sell all my stuff in order to get where I want to go. But like I said...I've packed up everything that means anything to me. Some will go in storage. Other things are going with me to CT. Yes Davidp, even your bumper sticker. Thanks for making me laugh tonight. It was great talking to you, hearing Marigold meow and just being able to think about things other than moving.

Oh and btw, MooShoo's 4 little whiskers fell out. But that little tiny clump of fur near his bum really has me puzzled. As long he doesn't wake up tomorrow morning looking like Elvis, I think I'll be okay. ;) LOL