PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Cat Shows In Northern CA In November!!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi, there are two cat shows coming up in the Northern CA area. There's one on Nov.5th and 6th in San Jose at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds. There's also the one that I've been waiting all year to attend in San Mateo. It's a 3 day event and only happens once a year in different locations around the country. It's from Nov. 18th-20th.

Here's the link that tells more about it:San Mateo Cat International Cat Show (http://www.cfa.org/intl-show/). I'm probably going to be going on both Sat. and Sun. because it's going to be a very large show and I'd hate to miss anything. This site also has a dollar off coupon that you can print out to use. It sounds like Sunday is when all of the major awards will be given out. I can't wait!!! :D

If anyone would like to carpool with me just let me know. ;)

RedHedd
10-15-2005, 06:23 PM
The San Mateo show is always awesome and I'd definitely want to go to that one. As for the Santa Clara one, Sunday is the better day for me.

AmberLee
10-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Well, drizzle-drazzle, I know I'll miss the San Mateo one, but am thinking of changing my schedule so I can attend the San Jose one, at least.

It seems like a long time since we've been to a great cat show. Won't this be fun? :D

NoahsMommy
10-16-2005, 08:48 PM
:( Aww....how come I live so far away from you guys??? :(

Once I'm stable again healthwise, I'd love to plan a trip were we could attend another cat show. Is there a calendar for January yet?? I think I came up in February about 2 years ago and Karen and I went to a small cat show in Monterey. But its always nice to meet up, small or large. :)

Have fun in November guys. Take lots of pictures for us?

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Don Juan's mom
10-19-2005, 01:44 AM
Mmmmm, I'd be interested in both. Saturday would be MUCH better for me for the San Jose show.

Saturday's better also for San Mateo. My church job keeps me busy until noon on Sunday.

(Oh, yeah: Glad Starr is feeling better!)

Liz

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Yes, Saturday's are usually better for me too. I can't wait! :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Here's some more info about the San Mateo cat show. Here's the link that tells more about it:San Mateo Cat Show (http://www.cfa.org/press/2005-intl-show0725.pdf). You need adobe acrobat reader to read it though.

Show Times:
Fri.Nov.18th 10am-6pm
Sat.Nov.19th 9am-6pm
Sun. Nov.20th 9:30am-4pm The best in show will be announced at approximately 1:30pm on Sunday.

Addmission:
$10 for adults
$8 for seniors and children 6-12 years old
children under 6 are free
There's also a $1 off coupon that you can print out.

It's at the San Mateo Expo Center which is at 2495 S. Delaware Street in San Mateo,CA. just off of the Delaware Street exit from Highway 92.

I know I'll be there on Saturday and I'm also trying to get my parents to go on one of the 3 days since they've never ever been to a show before. Once again I can't wait. :D

Don Juan's mom
11-01-2005, 05:33 PM
There is a coupon for $1 off admission in the Calendar section of Monday's San Jose Mercury News. :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-02-2005, 11:22 AM
I don't get the paper but my parents cut out the coupon for me. :D

So is anyone going to be going to the cat show this weekend? Saturday is better for me. :)

wolflady
11-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Wow, I can't believe it's already November! Time sure flies! I may try to make it to the San Jose show on Sunday.

**hugs**

Don Juan's mom
11-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Saturday is better for me. I have my church job on Sunday, and wouldn't be able to get to the show much before 1:00.

Liz

AmberLee
11-02-2005, 11:46 PM
Saturday is better for me, too. The family trip I told you about has been rescheduled till after Thanksgiving.

I missed the paper. Do you know if there is a coupon in the Metro? Sometimes they are in both papers...

krazyaboutkatz
11-03-2005, 12:33 AM
AmberLee, There might be another coupon in the metro. You should check it out. There might also be one in the A&E section of Fridays paper too. What time does everyone want to go and where would you like to meet up? If you'd like to we can carpool together AmberLee. Just let me know. I can't wait. :)

AmberLee
11-04-2005, 12:39 AM
See my PM.

I've started subscribing to the Merc, but so far it hasn't arrived yet. Must remember to look at the Metro tomorrow. :o

RedHedd
11-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Darn! I can't go this weekend, but I am definitely in for the San Mateo show. Have fun this weekend and take lots of pictures!

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2005, 10:21 PM
AmberLee, Don Juan's Mom and I all had a great time today. :D We sat at ring #1 and it had a chatty judge so we learned a lot today. She also gave a small seminar about senior cats. It was in a smaller building but very well worth going to and I'm so glad that I did. :) None of us brought our cameras though so there won't be any pictures. We saw 9 Russian Blue kittens, many Scottish Folds, Devon Rex's, Sphynx's, some extremely large Maine Coons, Rag Dolls, Oriental Short Hairs, Persians, and many more. There were many cats and kittens and I think that everyone's getting prepared for the International Cat Show in San Mateo. :)

AmberLee
11-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I had a blast, too.

Bought less than usual, but was intriqued by the new vendors and some of the new goodies by the 'tried and true' vendors.

Weren't those sleeping toy cats cute? I was fascinated by their battery operated 'breathing'. After cleaning up one of Cassy's messes when I got home, the toy cat seemed especially appealing. No, not really, but definately cleaner than a real cat! :eek: :D

RedHedd
11-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm SO looking forward to the San Mateo show!

krazyaboutkatz
11-08-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm SO looking forward to the San Mateo show!
Me too!!! :D They also have cat agility and I've never seen this before. I'm already getting very excited about this show. :D

Killearn Kitties
11-08-2005, 03:57 AM
Glad you had a good time! I'd love to have seen pictures of those beautiful cats and kittens though! :D

RedHedd
11-16-2005, 01:20 PM
So who's going? What day? What time?

krazyaboutkatz
11-16-2005, 11:20 PM
I'll be going on Saturday and I'm not sure if I'll be alone or if I can talk my parents into going with me. If I'm by myself, I'm going to try to get there by 10am or so. It says that it's open from 9:30am-6pm on Saturday. I'd also like to leave and get home before it gets dark because I don't see well in the dark so it's more difficult for me to drive. I can't wait. :D

I know that AmberLee won't be able to go because she'll be taking a course in LA. Don Juan's Mom still isn't sure if she'll be able to go or not. Hopefully she'll be able to. I'll try to pm her.

AmberLee
11-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Wish I could be with you guys. It sounds wonderful. I can't believe all the fun things going on up here this weekend.

Oh, well, my class sounds great, too.

RedHedd
11-18-2005, 03:00 PM
They showed the cat agility trials on the news last night. That looks SO cute! I can't wait to see it in purrson! My cats would NEVER do that - actually go through tunnels and jump over things on command? Nuh uh, no way! :rolleyes: :p

krazyaboutkatz
11-18-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm getting very excited about tomorrows show. :D Both of my parents may be going with me but they won't know until tomorrow morning. They need to see how they feel in the morning. If they go, I may not be there until around 11am or so.

Don Juan's Mom has 2 auditions tomorrow so she won't be going on Sat. She did say that she might try to go on Sunday afternoon.

I know I'm going to have a wonderful time and I'll be bringing my camera so hopefully I'll be able to get some great pictures to share with everyone. :)

Karen
11-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Do take lots of pictures for us! :) Have a great time, and give away lots of kisses to any willing kitties for me, and when you get home, you can tell your cats I told you to, so they'll forgive you for smelling of "other" cats.

krazyaboutkatz
11-20-2005, 01:36 AM
I had a great time today at the cat show in San Mateo. :) Both of my parents went with me and this was their first cat show and they both enjoyed themselves. :) I took some good pictures of cats while we were listening to a woman talk about the different breeds and Iams also put on a show with a few cats that could do tricks. I'm too tired to post them now so I'll post them some time tomorrow. :) I also saw RedHedd and I hope that she also had a great time. :) Too bad more PT people weren't there.

RedHedd
11-20-2005, 11:31 AM
I had a good time. The show was so HUGE that I was surpsied I actually ran into KAK. It was nice to meet your parents. The show was so large - I was there a little over three hours and know I didn't see all the cats. I spent a lot of time with the Maine Coons. They had LOTS of my favorite breed. I even got to pet several of these beautiful gentle giants. One was a 7 month old kitten who weighed 17 lbs! :eek: Those cats make my Mishi look puny by comparison. There was a calico/tortie MC kitten who looked just like my Mitzi. I'd never seen a MC with those colors. She was SO cute. Another breeder had a beautiful female that was being retired. I think she was trying to talk me into taking her home. Believe me, it was tempting!

I took very few pictures - mainly because the show was so large it was mind numbing! I will try to find time to post them a little later today.

One fun thing I did, the CFA booth had a kind of kitty scavenger hunt. You picked up a sheet with cats to find and then you had to go through the whole show to find them all and write down what the breeds were. That's what I spent most of the day doing - cat hunting! It was fun and made me search out some breeds I'd never seen and talk to the breeders. Everyone was so nice. When I thought I'd correctly found all the cats, I returned to the CFA booth and was awarded some mousies for the M's. I didn't get all the cats correct, but the hunt was fun. I think they gave everyone a prize just for participating. The M's love the new mousies.

I also did not escape unscathed in the shopping department, although I tried. The "Meow Mall" was also huge and on the way out I spotted some really nice handmade ceramic kitty dishes. Mitzi's needed a new one for a long time as her's is Goldie's hand-me-down and is chipped. So Mitzi has a nice new ceramic bowl that is all her own. It was only $6, which surprised me for the quality.

Question: In reading the program after I got home, it says the Maine Coon is America's second favorite breed, however I could not find what America;s #1 favorite breed is. Anyone know?

krazyaboutkatz
11-20-2005, 03:14 PM
RedHedd, I'm glad that you also had a great time. :) I'll be posting the pictures that I took in cat general and posting the link on this thread so more people will be able to see them. I don't know what America's #1 breed is but I did learn that both the Maine Coon and the American Short Hair are the only two natural breeds from the United States.

I listened to a woman who talked about many of the different breeds and she also showed us many cats while she talked about them. It was the called the "Breed Showcase". I sat in the first row and was able to take some good pictures. She also had both a Maine Coon and a Norwegian Forest Cat so I now know a little more about the differences between them. Now I'm convinced that Sky has Norwegian Forest Cat in him because this cat sure looked a lot like him. :)

Here's the link to the pictures that I've posted: International Cat Show (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=93279) Enjoy!!! :D