PDA

View Full Version : Jumping in front of "speeding" car!!!

Scooby4
10-15-2005, 04:09 PM
I am VERY angry! :mad: Last night, I was driving down the road in my neighborhood. It was dark outside about 7:45 PM. This road has a somewhat "blind" curve to it. So you don't drive fast and you ALWAYS stick to the farthest Right hand side of the road as possible. It's just 2 blocks from my intersection at the most. Not enough to build any "speed". The speed limit is 25 mph.
Some guy and his family was walking partially in the street at night on the LEFT hand side of the road. The mother was holding one of the children's hands and the other child was struggling to run into the middle of the road!:eek: There are no side walks in this area. The Father JUMPS in front of my car!!! :eek: He was probably 20 Feet BEHIND them. NOT with them or controlling the kids which the mother was clearly having trouble with the 2 young boys. :rolleyes: I thought there had been an accident because of the curve issue and it was near an intersection. It is quite unusual for anyone to be walking that late at night AND be it a family. So I Slowed down and rolled down my window. I am trained in First Aid. The guy comes towards my window and starts Yelling "Slow down!!! The speed limit is 25 in this neighborhood!!!" :mad:
I was shocked!!! His kids and wife were clearly in the roadway and he actually jumped in front of my car intentionally! Mind you I was going 25mph at the MOST if that. It wasn't possible to be speeding at this point since I had just turned onto this road less than a block and I drive a 4 cylinder. :rolleyes: I had also slowed down when I saw the family in the road way. It was almost impossible to see them until I was right on them. They were not wearing any type of "reflective" clothing. Luckily, one was wearing a white t-shirt to have seen them at all.
I yelled back at the guy that I was NOT speeding! I was going the speed limit. He yelled a few more things at me and I then "sped" off. Although not very fast due to my car doesn't go very fast. It just sounded like I did.
What do you think about this? Do you think I was "wrong"? or do you think this guy was stupid for jumping in front of my car? What if I had hit one of his children? Do you think it would have been my fault? How in the world does this guy know I was "speeding"? 25 mph is still "Fast". I was still a good distance away before he lept out. What was he doing walking his family at night with no reflective clothing on the side of the roadway?
I am asking this because I was walking my dogs today and I think I know where the person lives. I saw the guy doing yard work. The house is half a block up from me. Not anywhere near where they were walking. They must have just moved in. The house had just sold. The guy seemed to recognize me when I walked by and stared at me for a moment. Do you think I should say something to him if I see him again? If so,what should I say? I don't think it should be an apology. I think the guy was an idiot and careless. It also doesn't appear they are against confrontation. I am afraid that if they do something like this on a regular basis in this neighborhood, they are going to get hurt and then claim it was other's faults! Thanks!

jackie
10-15-2005, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't mention it. The only thing that would probably come of it is drama and harsh words. Somethings are better left alone.