PDA

View Full Version : knee surgery on december..........

Anita Cholaine
10-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Well........ I have a problem with my kneecaps, and everythings seems to indicate that I'll need a surgery.
I don't how to explain it, but it's like I have a kneecap dislocation. It happened to me lots of times, and I'm tired of it, so I really want the surgery, but.... I'm quite afraid of it...... The doctor says that it's really easy,but.... I'm not sure..........

I need surgery for both knees. Probably I'll have my first surgery on December, and the second one in July...............
Please, wish me luck with all this.......... Did any of you have a knee surgery before? It would be great for me if you tell me your experriences........:)

jackie
10-15-2005, 02:12 PM
I had two ops this summer on my right knee. Artoscopia to fix my miniscus and ligament. Don't worry about it too much. I had my second op about one month ago, and am walking (with a limp), hopefully I will be back to normal in 2 months!

Anita Cholaine
10-15-2005, 03:12 PM
I know artroscopia is an easy surgery, but I can't avoid being worried about it! :o The doc said I'll be able to walk about two days after the surgery, but I wont be able to do any sport for about 6 months............

davidpizzica
10-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Natali, I've gone through orthoscopic surgery, and a total knee replacement.(left knee). The orthoscopic one was pretty easy, I was walking within 3 days. The knee replacement took longer to heal and to get me walking again. The surgeries themselves I don't remember because I was put under almost before I left the hospital room! Natali, I wish you the best of luck in your upcoming surgeries, and Anita will make a wonderful nurse!

Toby's my baby
10-15-2005, 04:56 PM
I have never had surgery on my knee before, but if you ahve a problem you should really have the surgery done. I have problems with both of my knees too, and i really need to get it checked out, but I am going to wait til AFTER basketball season, because i am not going to miss out on my life (basketball).

I have had many surgeries before though, 4 in the last year (3 on my hand, one on my ankle) they all helped and it really makes a difference, do it, as soon as possible, it will make a huge difference and you will be able to get back to your old self! :) Good luck