PDA

View Full Version : He smells like Angus

anna_66
10-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Ever since Bon came back from the vets he's had that smell. You know, when they have been at the vets for a while? Not a bad smell, just different (kind of a doggie smell mixed with the smell of the vets office).
It's what I smelled the last time I kissed my Angus goodbye, it's the smell that was on his collar when I brought it home. Now my boy Bon smells like him.
Sounds silly maybe, but it's a nice reminder of my Angus. Seems like there is always some way he is letting me know he's always by my side, always with me even though he's not here. I sure did love that boy.

No one has to reply, I've just been thinking about it since Bon came home Wednesday and I thought I'd share my feelings a bit:)

DogLover9501
10-15-2005, 08:32 AM
This thread brought tears to my eyes.

Anna, those little reminders are always nice! Angus is definatly always with you, watching over you. He's making sure that you never feel like he is gone, or that your alone. {{{Hugs}}}

The other day, my little cousin put bandanas on the pups. Jasper was wearing the blue/white sailboat one that you sent us, I was thinking of Angus the whole day :)

Kfamr
10-15-2005, 09:01 AM
I remember that smell, Anna, very much so. Give Bon a big hug from me and inhale. :)

pitc9
10-15-2005, 09:32 AM
{{hugs}} to you!! :D
Angus will always will be near you!

lizbud
10-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Aw Anna, it's not silly at all. :) I wrapped Buddy's collar & special carry
towel in plastic wrap and put it away in a closet. Every once in a while when
I'm really missing him, I take it out to hold close to my face. I feel he's still
close to me.

Lobodeb
10-15-2005, 11:23 AM
When I saw the title of this thread, I knew exactly what you were talking about. About 12-13 years ago, my mom and I had to put down one of our puppies because she had severe epilepsy (sorry if I killed the spelling, too lazy to check :o ) and had to be PTS after about a week in the hospital. She too had that "smell."

The day after she went to the RB, my mom and I were laying down and we both got a strong whiff of that smell. We both new our Samantha was coming to tell us that she was ok. That smell still comes around from time to time, so we know she's still there with my mom.

I'm glad Angus keeps showing you that he loves you as much as, if not more than you love him. :D

RobiLee
10-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Well, you know that this brought tears to my eyes, Anna. Your two boys are very special and I think they are both working together to comfort you and bring you joy.

{{{LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS FOR YOU}}}

luvofallhorses
10-15-2005, 12:52 PM
It's not silly at all, Anna. I know Angus will ALWAYS be with you.

((((HUGS))))

poofy
10-15-2005, 07:17 PM
that is so sweet. :( sorry hes gone.

Vette
10-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Awww. *huggies*

i wish i was around Pet Talk back then to meet your boy.
he sounds like he left his perminent paw prints on your heart. :D

finn's mom
10-15-2005, 10:15 PM
you are so sweet, what a nice thing to share with us.

Daisy and Delilah
10-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Angus will never leave you Anna. He seems to find a way to say hello all the time. What a good boy he is, sending a message through his brother Bon :)

K9karen
10-16-2005, 12:21 AM
I know exactly what you're saying, Anna. It's kind of sad, but sweet. Angus sure is keeping his promise to you.

sammy101
10-16-2005, 12:32 AM
aw Anna,i'm sure Angus will always be with you. :)
{{hugs}}

cloverfdx
10-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Oh Anna that bought on the tears, how sweet but sad at the same time. {{Hugs}} for you and big Bon boy.

anna_66
10-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Awwww...you guys are the best:) Thanks for all the sweet words.
The smell is gone, but I'll never forget it.

Vette...yes, that boy left his pawprint on many people:)

NoahsMommy
10-16-2005, 09:24 PM
I've always been intrigued how powerfully emotional scents can be. Its usually an unconscious thing. When we can actually take note of things like that, its such a cool observation (to me, anyway).

Glad the scent triggered a good memory of your sweet angel, Angus.

(((((Anna)))))

Hugs,
Kelly :)

PJ's Mom
10-16-2005, 10:35 PM
i wish i was around Pet Talk back then to meet your boy.
he sounds like he left his perminent paw prints on your heart. :D

Angus was something else. There will never be another like him. :) He touched all of us here and most of us didn't even get to meet him.

captain
10-16-2005, 10:48 PM
No one has to reply

And you know that I could not, NOT reply.

Oh Anna, I think about you and your darling Angus boy often. Even tho I never met him, I sure did love him too .....

*LabLoverKEB*
10-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Aww, Anna, I know that that sweet Angus boy loves you truckloads too, hun! ;) I just really wish that I coud've met him, and you, or course!

Give Bon boy a hug for me!

pnance
10-21-2005, 01:41 PM
It's not silly at all. Any of us who have lost a pup understand fully....