PDA

View Full Version : Help! Tama acting strange

neko1
10-14-2005, 08:25 PM
I need some advice. Tonight Tama started to constantly lick himslelf all over and rub against everything- he can't even eat, the itching is so bad. He's not really scratching at anything, just a lot of licking and rubbing against things. I checked his fur for fleas and flea dirt but I didn't see anything. His skin looks normal and I brushed him to see if anything would come off in the shedded fur, but found nothing.

I don't know what to do-should I give him a bath, cone him?

Jessika
10-14-2005, 08:34 PM
What food is he on, and how long has he been on it??

I suggest perhaps a bath with an oatmeal shampoo to see if that doesn't help.

momcat
10-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Does Tama go outside? If so it might be a reaction to something like poison ivy or the like. Have there been any recent changes in food, litter, or anything around the house? I would recommend a call to your vet about this before trying a bath. Let us know what happens?

neko1
10-14-2005, 10:05 PM
No food changes. He's strictly indoors. He's also now sneezing. It's making me wonder if it's allergies. I'll be taking him to the vet tomorrow.

Jessika
10-14-2005, 10:10 PM
It can very well be seasonal allergies, considering its fall and lots of pollen and other nasty stuff is floating around in the air right now. I would suggest a benedryl (one benedryl seems to help with my pups), but I don't know the appropriate dosage for a cat, so I would call and consult with your vet.

krazyaboutkatz
10-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Michelle,I'm not sure what to recommend except to call your vet. Hopefully it's nothing serious. Please continue to keep us updated.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-15-2005, 01:15 AM
AWW poor Tama :(

Hope the vet manages to figure out what is making him so uncomfortable. Have you changed anything around the house - cleaning products etc?

(((HUGS)))

jenluckenbach
10-15-2005, 05:19 AM
I think the vet is your best choice. I hope you can find the cause. Poor Tama.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-15-2005, 07:10 AM
Did you go to the vet? What did he say? I hope Tama is itchy-free by now...

catmandu
10-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Sometimes all it takes is one flea,to irritate Tama.
I would try a Revolution drop,just to make sure!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture864.jpg