PDA

View Full Version : Jamie versus the Vacuum

Jessika
10-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Jamie is so afraid of the vacuum. I don't blame her, it is insanely loud and hurts MY ears, too, I can't imagine what she thinks :(

I know its like THE WORST vacuum, ever. I don't recommend this vacuum to ANYONE. The only reason we have it is because HJ got it for free in a drawing when he graduated... heh. Free is free... right???

In order to get her to be not so afraid of it, I broke up some treats and placed them on it. She was so afraid she wouldn't even walk NEAR it!! Every time she would get close, I would praise her and if she took a treat I acted nuts! Of course, when I was looking she wouldn't go near it, but as soon as I turned my back she took all the treats LOL it took her like... 30 minutes before she even got close, though.

http://www.dont-stay.com/off/jamie-vs-vacuum.jpg

Ginger's Mom
10-14-2005, 05:34 PM
oooo, she wants them. :) It looks like she is trying to mentally levitate them off the big noisy maching and into her mouth. ;)

Flatcoatluver
10-14-2005, 05:35 PM
thats so adorable!

k9krazee
10-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Aw poor Jamie!! We know how that goes...4 of the Hoodlums are afraid of the vacuum.

Micki wants to shred our vacuum to pieces, he absolutely hates it and always has! He barks, growls and literally attacks the vacuum, we've worked on it though, he still hates the thing but everytime the vacuum comes out now he runs to "his" rug and will sit there until we're finished.

Jessika
10-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Well, she used to growl and try to attack it, but now she's just afraid. Charlie is ok, he'll just go lay on our bed where he knows it doesn't go, lol. But she'll whine and run away and run around in circles whenever I have it on. :(

If anyone else has any other tips let me know. I know not to baby or coddle her because it will reassure her fear, instead I just ignore her, and then do this with the treats. LITTLE success so far.

jackie
10-14-2005, 07:17 PM
All my pups are scared of the vac too! I just get on with it and try to clean asap.

Sometimes when my boyfriend's brother comes over I have to just bring the vac out into the livingroom or else Tito won't give anyone a moments peace. He loves Duka (bfs brother), but Duka isn't really fond of dogs. :( Just the sight of the hoover makes Tito go lay on his bed, like he is saying "look, I am good, don't turn it on, I am quiet!"

vinjashira
10-15-2005, 04:19 AM
snowy doesn't want to come near the vacuum either which makes vacuuming a lot faster, I can't say the say thing about dusting though :p