PDA

View Full Version : How many children do want/have?

petslover
10-14-2005, 02:42 PM
The 14 kids post got me wondering. How many kids do you want or do you have?

I know I would like one or two kids of my own. I also want to adopt two kids. I have always wanted to adopt a baby from another country, and maybe a child here too.

Although, I'm not planning to have any kids anytime soon. I'm only 19,single, still in college, and still living at home. I just can't wait til that one day I start a family of my own. I think it will be a blessing.

PJ's Mom
10-14-2005, 02:43 PM
I have 4 kids. They're 19, 18 and twins that turn 17 today.

I'm 39 and am way too old to have any more. :p

LeahMM
10-14-2005, 02:45 PM
I have not and will not ever have kids. However, I do have two step children that live with us. They are 16 and 18, that's enough for me. ;)

finn's mom
10-14-2005, 02:48 PM
I have none, but, want at least one. :)

ILoveReptiles
10-14-2005, 02:48 PM
:eek: *Snork*

A big fat 0 - on both counts

Husky_mom
10-14-2005, 02:53 PM
OMG PJ !!!! :eek: you mut have had (or still have) a hard time when they where all little, my respect to you

right now i only have one human kid, he´s 2 yr., a great kid, i once thought i wanted three, since i thought one "he´ll be too lonely", two" maybe they go separate ways in many ways" three "at least they have one more choice to hang out with", but after (well , while) my boywas born i was like OMG i better rethink this over, but still at least i want one more, we´re looking for a girl but who knows, only God. and maybe not until a year or two

i dont know how people manage (like PJ) to handle twins, triplets, or more at once, i was going crazy with one :rolleyes: :D but it´s worth it

Anita Cholaine
10-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't know, I'm still too young, but I think I would like to have one or two... Maybe I change my mind later, and I finally have 20 kids :rolleyes: (I was joking...)

Flatcoatluver
10-14-2005, 02:57 PM
i don't know i think my dogs and 1 child will be enough

Jessika
10-14-2005, 03:09 PM
REAL kids, not "pets" haha.

HJ always jokes that he's going to have like ten. *rolls eyes* I tell him I say what comes and goes through.. there...

I want two of my own, and adopt a third. The third is optional though, as well... my parents only planned on having two kids and they ended up having three... seven years after their last one LOL

Logan
10-14-2005, 03:11 PM
I would have liked to have had 3 of my own. I had one, and she is awesome at 14! No complaints!! :) When I remarried, I got two more. So I guess, in a round about way, I got my 3. At 43 years old, I am very content to stop at 3. I'll just get puppies and kittens from now on. ;) Well, actually I think I'll have adult dogs and cats if I adopt anymore.

Flatcoatluver
10-14-2005, 03:13 PM
REAL kids, not "pets" haha.

HEy i think of my dogs as children *people* I am special i guess

Jessika
10-14-2005, 03:16 PM
HEy i think of my dogs as children *people* I am special i guess

Oh no no I was saying that to myself, not in response to anything anyone said, hehe.

TRUST me, I refer to my pups as my kids, too. My mom talks about her "grandpups" all the time. I tell people I have two kids and they look at me like "YOU'RE SO YOUNG! WHAT HAVE YOU AND HJ BEEN DOING!!" hehe. I DO think of my pups as my kids, but they're not KIDS kids. :)

Queen of Poop
10-14-2005, 03:27 PM
I would have liked to have had a few kids of my own. Unfortunately neither of my husbands thought I deserved to have kids. I have 2 step kids from my 2nd husband, he figures that I should be happy with that - yes, but NOT. They're ok kids, but they are not mine. He doesn't get that. Now that I approach 40 years of age in the next month it is too late, something I regret and will regret for the rest of my life. I resent both husbands, the first one I actually hate, the second - well we are still togther so I'm trying to get over it. :mad:

I do however love my fur babies with all of my heart and lavish them with more love than they could ever want/need.

jackie
10-14-2005, 03:33 PM
My mom talks about her "grandpups" all the time

I have friends who are always on my case to have kids (I am only 23), and when my boyfriend's mother heard that, she said to them "some people have children, some people have dogs, there is no difference" That really made me laugh. That being said I would like two or three, at the most! But that will not be happening for a LONG LONG time.

Now that I approach 40 years of age in the next month it is too late, something I regret and will regret for the rest of my life. I resent both husbands

That is heartbreaking. I really hope you get your baby. My granny had her last baby in her early 50's (the first when she was 18) so its not too late.

k9krazee
10-14-2005, 03:36 PM
I really would like 1 kid but twos the limit. I am definately in no hurry though...

catnapper
10-14-2005, 03:58 PM
I have three step kids... and thats MORE than enough. They are 15, 17, and 19. I love them like they are my own, but I could NEVER EVER have a child of my own. Its something I don't want, and never really wanted. I love my stepkids and the older they get, the better it gets. I will be excited to be a grandmom to their children.... hopefully many years from now.

I *dread* the thought that one of the kids might get pregnant before they graduate college and live with us... or that they'd be married young and return with 3 kids in tow after the divorce.

Logan
10-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I would have liked to have had a few kids of my own. Unfortunately neither of my husbands thought I deserved to have kids. I have 2 step kids from my 2nd husband, he figures that I should be happy with that - yes, but NOT. They're ok kids, but they are not mine. He doesn't get that. Now that I approach 40 years of age in the next month it is too late, something I regret and will regret for the rest of my life. I resent both husbands, the first one I actually hate, the second - well we are still togther so I'm trying to get over it. :mad:

I do however love my fur babies with all of my heart and lavish them with more love than they could ever want/need.

That makes me sad, too. :(

I can remember being fat as a whale, 8 months pregnant (felt like 800 months), and my husband says to me "I would have been ok if we had not had children". OMG!!! :eek: I think that was the beginning of the end. By the time our child turned two years old, we were seperated, and quickly divorced after that. I would have loved to have had more children, but I realize if I had them with him, I would probably still be married to him, and that is not a good thought at all.

I guess it is easy for someone like me to say this, since I have had a baby, but there are worse things than not having a baby. And you give so much in your endeavors on behalf of the animals. I hope you are proud of that. I know I am proud of you for it!!! :)

Logan

new mom to a veiled
10-14-2005, 04:06 PM
I have 2 boys. 7 years old and 10 months old. I wouldn't trade them for the world..........but thats it........NO MORE FOR ME!!!!

popcornbird
10-14-2005, 04:10 PM
I would love to have 2 or 3 children someday. I think more than 3 would be too many...and, 1 child...well 1 child would be nice, but it would sadden me to think my child won't have a sibling in this world...someone remaining from the immediate family, after I am gone. So...for the sake of my first child, I would like at least 2. :p Of course I am not thinking of children right now...have to get married and start the next stage of life first. It would be wonderful to have 2 or 3 children though...I think. More than 3 would be difficult to raise well.

manda_moo87
10-14-2005, 04:27 PM
I want 4 kids. :) I've always wanted a big family.

Suki Wingy
10-14-2005, 04:29 PM
none! I have never wanted children, I don't want to be responsible for a child, I hate growing up in a house with two 1/2 sisters, I can barley make it!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Our wish before we got married was to have 3 children. We also said that IF we wouldn't get any, we would adopt kids.
It was good that we had talked about this,as nature decided that we would never get kids of our own. So, we adopted 2 kids, both from a different country. Would you believe that we don't even notice it anymore that they look so different from us? In our opinion, they are OUR kids, and we would do it again!!

neko1
10-14-2005, 04:53 PM
None, none, and none!! Ever! Never ever had the desire to have kids, I'm not good with kids, I don't like to be around any kids except for my neice- and I can only handle her in small hourly doses.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-14-2005, 05:12 PM
I want 3! Justin and I have been married for 5 years now and we're very anxious to start a family.

caseysmom
10-14-2005, 05:17 PM
I have 2 girls, 12 and 14. Its been the most wonderful and the most difficult thing I have ever done....all at the same time :D

We just bought my daughters first homecoming dress last night...gosh they grow up so fast.

Corinna
10-14-2005, 05:19 PM
I have 2 a 24yr daugther (married) and a just turned 22yr son. I'm 44 and thankfully no more. I'm afraid of being a full time granny if one of mine have one. I didn't want kids but God decided I needed these two as 2 types of the pill failed (not me as I had allergy meds to takealso so no forgetting) I wouldn't give up either one now but dogs would have been cheaper.

DJFyrewolf36
10-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Someday (we've agreed, when we both are mature enough to handle the responseability and our lives are more stable) John and I would like to have a child, perhaps two. Two is the limit though! we both love kids, and if God doesn't grace us with a child of our own we are concidering adoption.

John is the only person I'd concider having children with, and he feels the same about me. I don't understand people (women especially) who just get pregnant in hopes of staying with this or that guy or to try to get even with a guy or whatever. Childeren are supposed to be a blessing, not just pawns in stupid mind games.

Shelteez2
10-14-2005, 05:27 PM
I would like to have zero children.
I don't mind most kids, and I'm pretty good with them, I just don't want any of my own.

I'm 24 and I've thought this way for 8 years, so I don't think I'll be changing my mind anytime soon....

lizbud
10-14-2005, 05:45 PM

I am so sorry. :( Didn't you two talk about things like children before you
married? :confused:

My husband & I both thought two children would be great & we had a boy
then a girl. What more is there? :D

dukedogsmom
10-14-2005, 06:13 PM
None and none. I feel badly for a friend of mine at work. She wanted kids so bad. Her husband has two, ages 16 and 18, from a previous marriage. She had lots of problems and had to have a hysterectomy. He won't consider adoption because they don't know what they would get. But, his own kids have caused problems. I think that's pretty selfish. I also think that this is a topic that should be discussed throoughly before any serious relationship.

chocolatepuppy
10-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I have no children and want no children. I always thought I would have children, was married at 18 , but no babies ever came. By the time we were in our early thirties we gave up, and decided to let our lives go to the dogs! :D ( and now cats too!) Back then it used to bother me that we couldn't have children but now I could care less.
I do think the worst thing about children would be the worry. I applaude all of you who do have children as I could never bear the worrying. I know how I worry about my furkids and they don't have to go to school, or drive or move away. ;)

buckner
10-14-2005, 09:14 PM
I've always wanted a large family. I think that comes from too many episodes of The Brady Bunch, but I love the thought of having several children (5-7) and having a warm, cozy house to come home too. There'd always be something happening and I like that idea. However, it'd depend on my husband and I's financial situation. I don't want to have 5-7 children and them almost have nothing because I don't have the money. I want at LEAST 2 kids, but I'd love a LARGE amount of children because I love children and have always had a burning desire to have many. And, if my husband didn't want that many, I would compromise to that.

I'd be devestated if I couldn't have children because I don't think I'm the type of person to adopt a child.

trayi52
10-14-2005, 10:04 PM
I have three, One boy 33, and two girls, 30 and 19. I also have four grandchildren and one grandchild on the way.

Willie :)

Vette
10-14-2005, 10:14 PM
0 :o

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-15-2005, 02:29 AM
I have two biological daughters aged 16 and 14
A step-daughter aged 13 (who I never see)
and a 16 year-old adopted son who lives with us.

And of course another girl on the way now!

We are discussing at the moment whether this "new" addition will be the last one - I am of the opinion that, given the age gap, this child will essentially grow up as an "only child" so I would consider having another one after this - but only if it happens almost immediately, as I would like them to be very close in age. Otherwise that's all for me!!

My other consideration is schooling costs - We will have at least two sets of university fees to pay right at the time when this little one starts school - and she WILL attend private school, so we are already trying to save for those expenses :eek:

grybai
10-15-2005, 04:05 AM
Ideally I would like to have two children. One I would like to be my "own" child through artificial insemination. The other I would like to be my partner's via in vitro. Of course, in vitro especially is a bit costy and there's a much greater chance of multiple births ( :eek: ). My sickeningly thought-out plan is be "married" (hopefully legally) by age 25-27 and to be established enough in a career to start having children sometime between the ages of 28-30.

carole
10-15-2005, 04:16 AM
Most of you know I have two children(I talk about them enough lol) Scott who is turning 24 in Dec, and Melissa who is 13, now I would dearly love a grandchild, but my son has no desire to wed or produce offspring, and maybe just as well as he has a lot of growing to do yet to make either a good hubby or father IMO, but when the time comes I am confident he will do it right, I may have to wait until my daughter is all grown up.

QSA your post tugged at my heart too, very sad, it is a pity your hubby could not see how much this mean't to you.

Pam
10-15-2005, 04:21 AM
I have two - a 31 year old son and a 28 year old daughter. I had always wanted to have children and just could not imagine not having any although I realize that not everyone feels this way. Now it's up to my kids to have the children. :) My daughter has one (my precious grandson) and he is the love of my life.

ChrisH
10-15-2005, 06:14 AM
I have one, a (nearly) 43 yr old son.
And I have two grandchildren, both girls, aged 10 and 18. It's great being a grandma! :D

Chris

p.s. Just to let you know, in case you think I am very ancient, :D I became a mom at 16!

cloverfdx
10-15-2005, 07:44 AM
I don't have any, Don't want any and won't be having any :p.

Rie Rie
10-15-2005, 08:23 AM
I had never really ever thought about having kids, but at 18 I got pregnant. When my daughter was two months old her father and I got married, and been married 20 years come Nov.3. Then right before her fourth birthday I gave birth to a 9lb boy and I told everyone that had he been born first, he would have been an only child because I would have been too afraid to have another big kid. We are still trying to figure our where this big baby came from as my husband is a small man and I am small woman. Of course today my son is 15 and only weighs 111lbs, a beanpoll. We became grandparents almost two years ago, of course we hadn't even thought about being grandparents for a long time, but we absolutely adore our grandson. My daughter got pregnant in her senior year, had the baby in Jan. then graduated with her class that May. I was afraid she could have twins, as I am a twin and they say it skips a generation. Of course she wants more kids, so there's still a possibility she still could produce twins. 2004 was a busy year for us, she had the baby, graduated high school, then got married in Oct. Glad that year is OVER!!!!
This is our grandson Dakotahttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid191/pba939c28f1c266bf3d4d086d85ae70f0/f1e2125d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid152/pb95ce2afbe09f47eb03c57d8ac2b9caf/f5bb1f52.jpg Wedding day, Oct. 16/04

crsvstang
10-15-2005, 09:07 AM
I have 2 daughters- Kaitlynn is 5 years old and Maegan will be 2 next month.

I'm not sure if we will have anymore or not. If we do that is wonderful and if not then I know it was only meant for me to have 2 kids.

Oh, and I don't want anymore then 3.

dogzr#1
10-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Well I am tooo young to have kids but my mom has 4kids. Ages 21, 19, 17, 13. And two step children (boys) 18, 13

cali
10-15-2005, 10:06 AM
frankly I want my tubes tied as soon as absolute possable, I never want to have kids of my own, I would love to adopt though.

CathyBogart
10-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Zero zero! I don't like 'em, I don't want 'em, and I feel SO lucky to have found a man who is willing to not have them with me. :)

4 Dog Mother
10-15-2005, 10:23 AM
I have 2 daughters, Amy, 29 - Cincy'smom and Christy, 23, Dakota's mommy. My son, Rob was 27 when he died in July. Christy has a 21 month old Jasmine who is the most precious child in the world! She is what is getting us through this awful time.

Having children is the greatest blessing you can have IF you want them. No one should be told they SHOULD have children (except for my daughter, Amy, LOL). While there are a blessing, they are also a lot of work and worry. And no matter how old they get, they are still your babies and you still worrry about them.

I have 5 dogs and they are my babies too. I love them alot but FOR ME, the love I have from them while extremely strong is not nearly as strong as I have for the children who came from and grew within me. They are so much a part of the love I have for Carl and nothing FOR ME can compare with that!

My sister chose not to have children and she feels that was the right decision for her - and I don't think she was wrong in that decision. Again it is important that each person decide for themselves what is right for them. The one thing about pets is they love you unconditionally. They love you no matter what!

jazzcat
10-15-2005, 10:31 AM
I don't have any children and don't plan to (probably can't so it's a good thing it's not my life's dream). Since I'm about to turn 38 that chapter will be coming to an end soon anyway, although my mother had me when she was 43 years old.

I have enough to keep me busy with taking caring of my Dad (and my mother before she passed away last year). I've always kind of thought of them as my really big children, LOL. With my Dad being 83 and having severe memory problems it's like having a big baby sometimes anyway.

I do get very tired of people asking when are we going to have a baby. They've quit asking so much the past few years but it drove me crazy in my 20s and early 30s.

sammy101
10-15-2005, 10:35 AM
i would probably like to have 2 or 3. but im only 15 so i have a while to decide still :)

sirrahved
10-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Not fourteen, but not just one or two.

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-15-2005, 11:07 AM
I never want to have any kids...

CagneyDog
10-15-2005, 12:22 PM
3, but i want to adopt them all.

Suki Wingy
10-15-2005, 01:10 PM
I'd be devestated if I couldn't have children because I don't think I'm the type of person to adopt a child.

:confused: I don't understand. I think that if for some reason I wanted kids and I couldn't I'd adopt before I went to one of those clinics. Why try so hard for your own when there are other children who need supportive homes?

popcornbird
10-15-2005, 01:22 PM
:confused: I don't understand. I think that if for some reason I wanted kids and I couldn't I'd adopt before I went to one of those clinics. Why try so hard for your own when there are other children who need supportive homes?

Everyone has their own choice. I would love to adopt a needy child someday...it is such a rewarding thing to do, BUT...I'd like to have my own child first. Then again, it depends on God's will. If I couldn't have children, I would adopt, but I somehow believe the feeling of a child developing in your own womb is just different. Everyone has their own choice when it comes to kids...no reason to 'not understand'.

NoahsMommy
10-15-2005, 01:45 PM
I've always thought that if I had kids, I'd adopt. From a very early age, I knew that there were kids without mommies and daddies and that touched me. Sure, it'd be nice to have a child that shared my DNA...but I personally (MY OWN OPINON, NOT JUDGEMENT) feel that its selfish (OF ME, NOT OTHERS) to have more kids when the world is full of kids that need loving, supportive parents. I know I could make a parentless child's life better if I were there.

I also have health issues that I'd NEVER willingly inflict on a child. That is one things I'm judgemental on. IF YOU HAVE AN ILLNESS THAT IS GENETIC, PLEASE BE UNSELFISH AND ADOPT IF YOU NEED TO BE A MOTHER/FATHER!! That is one of my very large pet peeves. KNOWINGLY subjecting an innocent child to the ravages of disease is very cruel. :( :( :( (please note, I said knowingly...not UNKNOWINGLY)

Anyway....off my soapbox now. ;)

I'd like 1 or 2...adopted only. I think it'd be an honor to be a parent of a child in need. They've already begun life unfairly, they deserve someone that values and loves them.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-15-2005, 03:12 PM
I do get very tired of people asking when are we going to have a baby. They've quit asking so much the past few years but it drove me crazy in my 20s and early 30s.

That is something I have a hard time with. I'm only 24 and I'm constantly asked "when are you going to have a baby?" It angers me so much. People need to learn to mind their own business.
There is one woman who I know (I don't know her too well, she's a friend of my in-laws) who literally heiresses me everytime she sees me. She will go on and on about how great kids are and how I have to have one. I put up with her heirassment because I don't want to share my personal information with her as to why Justin and I have not yet had a child yet. (I have very abnormal cycles and therefore we are having a hard time conceiving. I have seen the doctor and she can't find any reason we can't have a baby, it will just be harded for us to hit that special day.) I really don't want to share that with her. I don't want everyone in my town to know my personal business and with her knowing they would. I have a hard time standing up to her because she beats me down and upsets me and then I can't stand up for myself (I don't know if that makes sense). This woman is incredible, she is the force that cannot be stopped. Seriously, Justin has tried to stop her from heirassing me, his mom has tried, and so have others, but she keeps going. Anyway, we don't see her too often and if we are supposed to be somewhere she is going to be we send our regards and don't go. I know there are (or at least should be) better ways of handling her, but avoiding her is what works best for us.

CountryWolf07
10-15-2005, 03:29 PM
1 or 2 kids would be good.. :)

luvofallhorses
10-15-2005, 03:52 PM
I haven't totally thought about this...but I am still young and have all the time in the world to decide. ;) I am not so sure if I want kids, I love them don't get me wrong. If I do want kids, I either want 2 (a boy and a girl) but if I don't get a boy and a girl, I'll be happy whatever that God decides for me to have...if I for some reason can't have kids, I am going to adopt. There are so many kids out there that needs homes, just like animals do. It's so sad. :(

animal_rescue
10-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Well I grew up in a semi-large family, 7 kids. 2 from my mom's first marriage, 3 from my mom's second marriage, and 2 adopted. I'm a twin and from the second marriage, I seriously don't know what I would do if I were an only child, it would be so boring!! Anyways I would like a big family as well, umm I definatly want to have twins or triplets but in all I would like 6-8 kids. I'm constantly being told that I would make a great mom. :) forgot to mention that 2 of my kids will probably adopted, I would love to get a little girl from China and a boy from Russia, but who knows, I'm only 15!

Cataholic
10-15-2005, 07:34 PM
One little boy, Jonah. He is everything I never knew he would or could ever be to me. Having Jonah made my life complete, and I didn't even know it wasn't complete!!! I do seriously wonder how I was happy before him. He is the absolute coolest thing in the world. And, he is a monkey child. :D

Here he is enjoying his first pile of leaves....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid191/pb033067c4c58134ac1c013dd09a890d4/f1e08337.jpg

prechrswife
10-15-2005, 07:47 PM
We have one on the way (through adoption), and would like 3 or 4.

buttercup132
10-15-2005, 08:49 PM
if i count up all the dogs and all the bunnies and other animals i think it will total to something arouns 50 "kids" when im older :D lol
no but for actual human kids im adopting all mine i want a cute little asian girl , never having one of my own WAY too painful i couldnt go through morning sickness and the birthgiving and complications ect i think ill let people do thay for me and then take the kids ;)

GoldenRetrLuver
10-15-2005, 11:53 PM
None. I've never had the desire to have any (skin) children, and I don't expect that to change. I don't really like children, no offense to those of you who have kids or want kids, I just do not have the patience/tolerance level for them.

K9karen
10-16-2005, 01:04 AM
I like kids but never wanted to go the pregnancy route. Turns out, (be careful what you wish for), I probably couldn't have them anyway. I raised my niece, who lived with us, for many years, so I had the experience (ok, I did love it). I think I'm great with them but admit I don't mind giving them back to their own parents. I guess my folks were a tad disappointed, but it wasn't meant to be.

carole
10-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Goldenretrluver, at your age I neither had the patience or tolerance or desire to have children either, so don't make your mind up too soon, mind you I probably still don't have the patience or tolerance, but hey I do my best. :D

luckies4me
10-17-2005, 01:04 AM
I have one beautiful boy! :D His father and I are not together anymore but we try our best to raise our son the best we can, and I think we are doing a fine job right now. :) He's turning 4 years old this November! :eek: Who knows, we may end up getting back together and having another one. hehehe. :D

ramanth
10-17-2005, 09:34 AM
I have no kids but would like to have at least two. Even if I'm only blessed with one child, I'll be happy.

Andy and I have talked about adoption, so we are willing to go that route if I cannot bear children.

Queen of Poop
10-17-2005, 10:12 AM
That makes me sad, too. :(

I can remember being fat as a whale, 8 months pregnant (felt like 800 months), and my husband says to me "I would have been ok if we had not had children". OMG!!! :eek: I think that was the beginning of the end. By the time our child turned two years old, we were seperated, and quickly divorced after that. I would have loved to have had more children, but I realize if I had them with him, I would probably still be married to him, and that is not a good thought at all.

I guess it is easy for someone like me to say this, since I have had a baby, but there are worse things than not having a baby. And you give so much in your endeavors on behalf of the animals. I hope you are proud of that. I know I am proud of you for it!!! :)

Logan

Thank you. I am completely devoted to my fur babies, most people don't understand that. The vets love me because I spare no expense for my furkids. Just as if they were my kids, I will do anything to ensure they are happy and healthy.

Queen of Poop
10-17-2005, 10:14 AM
I am so sorry. :( Didn't you two talk about things like children before you
married? :confused:

My husband & I both thought two children would be great & we had a boy
then a girl. What more is there? :D

That's what has me so mad. We did talk about me having at least one child before we got married. Post marriage he "changed his mind". Absolutely not fair and I've called it many times. :mad:

wolf_Q
10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
I'm undecided on whether or not I would like to have children.

I'm the youngest in my family (of 3 kids) and so I've never really been around kids that much. I never babysat kids either, honestly kids (especially very young) make me nervous. I've never changed a diaper in my life! Now both my sister and brother have kids, and I love them but I don't know if I'm mother material lol...

Twisterdog
10-17-2005, 11:36 PM
I have one child.

I NEVER, not for one minute, wanted to have more children after I had my son.

Frankly, he wasn't a planned child, and I had very mixed feelings when I found out I was pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I love him more than anything in the world and wouldn't trade him for anything. But, I think I would have also been perfectly happy if I would never have had a child. I know my life would be SO very different today.

It completely fascinates me that (a) people who have children somehow feel the need to tell people who choose not to have children that they should have them or (b) people who don't have children somehow feel the need to tell people who have children that they hate children. Wow. I don't get either one of those things in the least.

We wouldn't do that to someone about pets. We wouldn't say, "I have a dog. I can't believe you don't want a dog. Something must be wrong with you. Are you selfish or just not right in the head?" And we also wouldn't say, "I don't have a cat. I don't like cats. I think anyone who owns cats is ruining the world and is selfish and horrible." We would NEVER do that ... because not only is it mean, but it's stupid. But soooo many people feel compelled to say things like that to each other about children, or lack thereof. Nothing could be more personal than the decision to reproduce or not.

Samantha Puppy
10-18-2005, 07:55 AM
I've got one cooking. I used to want 4 but I doubt that'll happen so I'll be happy with 3 and content with 2. Depends on the finances.