PDA

View Full Version : Carmen, Frankie?

Jadapit
10-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Wasn't today the day Frankie went to the vet? If you have been what did the vet have to say? Good news I hope. :)

beeniesmom
10-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes, I went to the vet.
Not good news.
I was actually trying to find the words to write about what happened.
Maybe later.
:(

beeniesmom
10-14-2005, 02:21 PM
just trying to calm down
thanks for asking

k9krazee
10-14-2005, 02:22 PM
:( ((((Hugs))))) not quite the answer I was hoping for :eek: ! I hope its nothing serious :( Poor Frankster

Jadapit
10-14-2005, 02:24 PM
just trying to calm down
thanks for asking

Oh, I'm sorry! :( I hope I didnt make you feel worse. I hate to hear that it wasnt good news.

caseysmom
10-14-2005, 02:31 PM
You have all of us to lean on if you need it, don't forget we all feel the same about our babies and we will understand. I sure hope your okay.

beeniesmom
10-14-2005, 02:35 PM
ok... I'm trying not to cry and hoping for the best.

I went to the vet.

1) First we talked about the neuter. Everything was good. She removed the stiches and said it looked fine.

2) I asked her about the eye and told her it didn't look good to me and that it was still bleeding at times. She said it looked fine. Then I asked her about why I wasn't told about the doctor switch. She said "What switch?. I did the all the surgeries".
Then I told her that on the bill, it was clearly stated that the other vet did the eye and she said "oh no, must be a glitch in the system. I did everything. Besides It's clearly written here on the file that you only want me for your dogs."

The whole time I felt like I was being feed a bunch of crap.

When I told her about the tongue thing she said that he could have an inner ear infection causing the whole right side of his face to be messed up/paralised etc... She also asked if he walked crooked and I said yes, and showed her. She then said that she thinks there is something wrong with his brain stem. Maybe a lesion or something.

Now he is on a bunch of meds. For two weeks I have to HOPE that it IS an inner ear infection. She didn't think that the eye surgery could have damaged the right side of his face.

:''''(

I hope this was clear and not too jumbled.... oh and I forgot to mention he has bad allergies and she put him on prenisone too for that... so he won't chew his feet.

caseysmom
10-14-2005, 02:38 PM
You know it may be a simple inner ear infection. The ear is very involved in balance, I was so dizzy once I threw up and it was an inner ear problem, I couldn't even walk, that was years ago. Don't think the worse he may be just fine after taking the meds.

lv4dogs
10-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Oh Carmen I feel so bad for you & Frankie. This is not something I was looking forward to.
You have LOTS of love, hugs & happy thoughts coming your way from us all.
I hope & pray that it is something simple like an ear infection.

If you ever need anything I am here for you. You will be in our thoughts until this is settled.

PJ's Mom
10-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Carmen, we're all here for you and Frankie, crossing our fingers and paws, hoping it's just an inner ear infection. :)

You know, there's nothing stopping you from getting a second opinion if you're really worried.

k9krazee
Oh :( You and Frankie will be in my thoughts and prayers...We will hope its only an ear infection and he will return to normal asap...I'm sorry.

finn's mom
Yeah, my first thought when you originally said that about his tongue was something to do with balance. If you felt like you were being fed a bunch of crap even from the vet you trust(ed), have you thought about going to completely different vet for a second opinion? I'd hate to think he was on meds again that he didn't need. This stinks, Carmen, I'm so sorry that you and Frankie are going through all that. :(

petslover
10-14-2005, 02:49 PM
I am sorry to hear the news that you were told, but I will put him in my prayers.

Flatcoatluver
10-14-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm so sorry!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anita Cholaine
10-14-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm so sorry:( Sending good thoughts and prayers.... ((((hugs))))

jackie
10-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Take a deep breath and hope for the best. You getting stressed wont help. I am sure it is probably an ear infection, some vets just give the worst possible scenario. Hugs!!!!

Jadapit
10-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Like Dawn said, we are all here for you! I know how scared and worried you must be. You and Frankie both will be in my thoughts. ((((HUGS)))) to the both of you.

Kfamr
10-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I guess this explains your PM. :( I'm so sorry Carmen. This must be so scary. I do hope you find some clear answers and something to help your little boy out. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I send many hugs to all of you... You know i'm here if you need me.

Kay

Ginger's Mom
10-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Oh Carmen, I am so sorry. You and Frankie will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. I think Dawn had a good idea, though, you may want to think about taking him for a second opinion. In any case I am sending out lots of {{{Hugs}}} to you and your family.

Lobodeb
10-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Oh, no!!! I didn't want to see bad news from this poor little guy. :(

I agree with everyone else and hope it's only an ear infection. Either way, hugs, thoughts and prayers being sent to all of you. Beenie too! ;)

buttercup132
10-14-2005, 03:53 PM
aww poor frankie just keeps coming up with more and more problems nopt to mention the vet bills must be booming you poor thing hope he gets better soon

new mom to a veiled
10-14-2005, 03:59 PM
OHHHH Carmen, when I got your email I was expecting good news!!! You both have been through soooo much in the last couple of months!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you both.....I hope it is the lesser of the two evils and is a treatable ear infection. If there is anything I can do please email or p/m me........BIG hugs for both of you!!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
10-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Carmen, I am so sorry to read this. You and Frankie are in my thoughts and prayers. I think a second opinion is a great idea Kari. What do you think Carmen? Please keep us updated on this :(

dappledoxie
10-14-2005, 04:10 PM
I'll be thinking of you and Frankie, I hope it's just an inner ear problem and he gets back to normal soon.

chocolatepuppy
10-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Carmen, I will pray extra hard for sweet little Frankie.

beeniesmom
10-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys.
I am going to take your advise and get a second opinion.
I am going to wait about a week. See if it is an ear infection.
If nothing happens with the meds then I will get an appointment with my bosses vet.

CagneyDog
10-14-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm sorry Carmen :( I'm sending lots of of prayers for you Frankie

Lobodeb
10-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Carmen, how's Frankie doing today?

beeniesmom
10-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh Thanks for asking!

His eye is SO MUCH better now. You can't tell he's had anything done today.
He still has the balance issue. He is on his meds for ear infection and we have a vet visit for Friday at 4.30 to see if he's improving. If not, I will call another vet and get a second opinion. Hopefully his problems will be resolved soon. He was so full of energy this morning (woke me up at 5 and wanted to play)! Thank you so much for asking. I will keep everyone posted as changes occur. :)

Lobodeb
10-17-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm so glad to hear that he's doing better. :D

Keep fighting, little man.

lv4dogs
10-17-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm glad to hear he's doing a little better. Any improvement is good improvement. You's are in my thoughts until this clears up!

gemini9961
10-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Oh Carmen, my best wishes for you and Frankie. PT prayers will help him through this. :)

chocolatepuppy
10-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Good to hear Frankies eye is better, now we just have to get that ear all better! :)