PDA

View Full Version : Cockroaches inside = Me outside

king2005
10-14-2005, 08:06 AM
The bug guy is coming to spray the house, so I have to move myself & Axle out. The fish are fine, they are covered. So my current home is the garage. Luckly the wireless reaches the garage, so I have internet YAY!!! I stole Rob's laptop so I could bum around online chatting & gaming hehehe

I'm only here for 4 hours, so its not too bad, I did bring some things out here. Phone, laptop, juice, Nintendo DS, & a coat incase the wind picks up.

Of all the days it has to be +10C (I think thats 50F, might be 40F). Eitherway I can see my breath

Lobodeb
10-14-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm only here for 4 hours, so its not too bad, I did bring some things out here. Phone, laptop, juice, Nintendo DS, & a coat incase the wind picks up.

Glad to see you only brought the essentials! j/k

I hope your time outside wasn't too terrible. ;)

moosmom
10-14-2005, 11:51 AM
I was watching a program today about 1001 ways to "naturally" rid your life of rodents, pests, etc. without using harmful pesticides and poisons.

It's a book that a guy worked on for 20 years. I paid attention and wrote some stuff down. One of them was cockroaches.

He said to put hot sauce and water mixture in a spray bottle and spray the areas around where you find them.

Bees:

Put a half cup of regular soda (not diet) into a 1 litre bottle and leave it wherever you're having a problem with bees. They are naturally attracted to the sweetness of the soda and will go into the bottle, but aren't smart enough to find their way out.

Ants (little ants that invade your kitchen, etc.)

Clean the area every couple of weeks with a combo of water and white vinegar. Then spread bay leaves, or slivers from a bar of Ivory soap in kitchen cabinets, drawers, ANYWHERE ants will go looking for food.

Mice:

Take cotton balls and soak them with REAL oil of peppermint (not the peppermint extract or you'll have drunk mice running around) and put them in different places in your house. They won't be back. The guy said mice will not return if you do this because they remember.

Cats (keeping them out of your garden, trash, etc.)

Mix water and ammonia in a spray bottle and spray around the area you don't want them in. You can also sprinkle hot pepper (like the kind you put on pizza and spaghetti).

I wish I had watched the program longer. I'd probably have more info. But I hope it helps.

He said these natural remedies will not harm people or pets.

Good luck, King2005. If you want to buy the book, here's the number 1-800-644-8751. It's called "1001 Natural Ways for a Pest Free Property".

king2005
10-15-2005, 10:27 PM
I was watching a program today about 1001 ways to "naturally" rid your life of rodents, pests, etc. without using harmful pesticides and poisons.

It's a book that a guy worked on for 20 years. I paid attention and wrote some stuff down. One of them was cockroaches.

He said to put hot sauce and water mixture in a spray bottle and spray the areas around where you find them.

Bees:

Put a half cup of regular soda (not diet) into a 1 litre bottle and leave it wherever you're having a problem with bees. They are naturally attracted to the sweetness of the soda and will go into the bottle, but aren't smart enough to find their way out.

Ants (little ants that invade your kitchen, etc.)

Clean the area every couple of weeks with a combo of water and white vinegar. Then spread bay leaves, or slivers from a bar of Ivory soap in kitchen cabinets, drawers, ANYWHERE ants will go looking for food.

Mice:

Take cotton balls and soak them with REAL oil of peppermint (not the peppermint extract or you'll have drunk mice running around) and put them in different places in your house. They won't be back. The guy said mice will not return if you do this because they remember.

Cats (keeping them out of your garden, trash, etc.)

Mix water and ammonia in a spray bottle and spray around the area you don't want them in. You can also sprinkle hot pepper (like the kind you put on pizza and spaghetti).

I wish I had watched the program longer. I'd probably have more info. But I hope it helps.

He said these natural remedies will not harm people or pets.

Good luck, King2005. If you want to buy the book, here's the number 1-800-644-8751. It's called "1001 Natural Ways for a Pest Free Property".

Thats really great info :)
Thank you so much :)

I'll call that # later on this week.

So far the roaches are gone. Rob found one lastnight trying to get away from the poison & I found several shrivled up dead & 1 huge female in the sink dying slowly. There have been no traces of anymore today & I left out food to see if any that might be alive would come out.

I do plan on buying more roach baits & sticky paper, just incase one walks in through the front door.

I was also told by the bug guy that roaches HATE 2:3 bleach:water. When I first used it the roaches stayed out of the kitchen 99%. the ones that stayed died. I guess the fumes kill them aswell.

I'm in the middle of cleaning the kitchen so I can put things back in there. I have 20 black bags of clean clothing to unbag & hang back up. I first washed them in hot water & then bagged them.

Everyone needs
--
--
I would go crazy without them :)