PDA

View Full Version : Dog Survives Raging Waters!

elizabethann
10-14-2005, 07:53 AM
We've had some horrific flooding in Southwest NH this past week. People's lives have been lost and so haven't their homes and cars. But here is a happy story that came out of all the devistation:

Dog Survives Being Swept Away In Flood
Witnesses Say They Thought Dog Wouldn't Survive

ALSTEAD, N.H. -- Cats may have nine lives, but an Alstead dog has at least two after surviving being swept away in the weekend floods.

Anton Elbers said that his dog, Mojave, or Moe for short, is drawn to the water.

"He gets excited by water and loves to swim and probably didn't realize what he was getting himself in for," Elbers said.

During the flooding in Alstead, Moe was swept up in the raging currents and carried away.

"The water came and sucked him under," witness Isaiah MacNeil said.

Moe slammed his head on a tree and looked lifeless. MacNeil thought he had seen the last of the dog.

"I thought maybe I could find his body," MacNeil said. "Everyone thought he was dead."

But Moe survived and was pulled from the water with a gash on his head. Elbers said that the dog doesn't seem the worse for wear.

"Moe is just as smart as he ever was," Elbers said.

LuvGold00
10-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Alstead is the town next to mine, it's just horrible... And it's pouring rain now, they have evacuated some towns already. I'm praying it doesn't come near our house.