PDA

View Full Version : Success???

RICHARD
10-13-2005, 07:20 PM
I didn't want to hijack the "failure" thread..

I want to say that this is far from a political thread....It has more to do with the courtesy, manners and respect for people, property and their beliefs.

Again, I find humor in mostly everything that I see in the course of my day-
I also see some stuff that really succeeds in making me mad.

Example?

I saw a sticker that had a picture of GWB on it and something about being dumber than a bag of rocks...Funny? yeah!

Or the picture of the Senior and Junior, dressed as fisherman, both are mugging for the camera and in the background you see it is superimposed over a picture of a flooded street in New Orleans. Ahhh, Sick Funny....

Then there is the idiot that hands me a GWB joke that is supposed to get me mad......it's the one where GWB sees the ghosts of all the dead presidents in the White House He aske each of them , in turn, what can he do to make the country better...

The last president he sees is Lincoln...

Lincoln speaks to George and tells him to "Go to a play...."

Hmmmmmmmm, a joke about a president being assasinated????

I have a problem with that one...

----------------------------

First of all the 'ROCKS' sticker was stuck to the inside of the elevator near the office...

Some jerk (no matter what the message/graffitti or destruction is) put the sticker up to make a point. Some housekeeper is gonna have to take the elevator out of commission to scrape it off, then clean the sticky shiat off the wall...

------------------------------

The fishing picture is kinda "naughty" funny......yeah the pres was playing golf or some such nonsense while the hurricane appraoached......

I was expecting him to don his Super George suit and blow the hurricane away, ala Superman. Disappointed again? You betcha!!!

----------------------------------

The "go see a play" joke is good for a sick laugh....at the jerk that gave it to me.

The Failure joke is kinda funny.....failure for making it to the biggest chair in the country? I'll have to think about that one.

I don't fish, so I can laugh at that one....I always thought that being the Prez was a 365/24/7 job....vacation? Go, just answer the phone should someone call at midnight.

But, if you think about it....

"MY effing cable went out! I wanted to watch the 12:30 a.m. showing of "Gigli" and no one is in the office at the cable company!!!

You don't even get the night janitor...

---------------------------------------

I do love a good laugh.

I do challenge the people who have a low PHQ (Political Humor Quotient) to tell me about their jobs.....when they get to their bosses,they have no kind words to say about them, Most of us don't, but to endlessly dwell on it is kinda sick.
So when I ask them about getting a new job, they fold like a house of cards..

"I have been here for years, I can retire next year, I have a car payment.....I would if I could...."

So I attack them politcally.

I ask them if they hate GWB so much why don't they get another country. I am not challenging their patriotism or they allegiance to our flag.
I am trying to get to the root of their obsession with hating someone they will never ever meet!

Why the hang up?

It really behooves me.

I had a great experience in a chat room not to long ago....
These knuckle draggin' 'pundits' couldn't spell, were rude and called every name on the book.

They showed their colors right off the bat.

---------------

I love the jokes and comments and the pictures too.

Political satire has been around and will be around for a lot longer.

It's the mean spirited crap that makes me wonder where the country is headed should we put the "other" party into power. If they are willing to joke about the assasination of a politcal leader, what are they going to be serious about???

Fishing....

Sounds like a great sport.... :confused:

christa
10-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Oh Richard . . . I just love your political insights. ;) I know this isn't a "political thread" . . . (yeah right) . . . but I just gotta say . . .

Just seeing the overwhelming response to this thread *wink* *wink* disappoints me . . . but doesn't suprise me in the least.

It is so disheartening to hear the hatred in people's voices when they speak of our country, our president, our soldiers . . . as if they're not ours. Breaks my heart.

The jokes can be funny. They can also be taken a little further than they need be.

Some people just have a one track mind. Don't care who they hurt . . . don't care about the consequences of their actions or comments.

I was expecting him to don his Super George suit and blow the hurricane away, ala Superman. Disappointed again? You betcha!!!

What are you talking about? I thought GWB actually brewed Katrina up in his Presidential Cauldron!?!?

I ask them if they hate GWB so much why don't they get another country. I am not challenging their patriotism or they allegiance to our flag.
I am trying to get to the root of their obsession with hating someone they will never ever meet!

I wonder the same thing. Remember the droves of people that SWORE that they were going to move out of the country if GWB was re elected? LEAVE ALREADY! I'm still waiting . . .

But back on topic, I agree . . . political sattire is great . . . and YES, I like a good Bush Whack type joke anyday . . . he's not perfect . . . and he does leave A LOT to joke about!

But joking about the death of any president . . . defacing public property with that sticker . . . it's really uncalled for. REALLY unnecessary.

RICHARD
10-17-2005, 03:06 PM
It is so disheartening to hear the hatred in people's voices when they speak of our country, our president, our soldiers . . . as if they're not ours. Breaks my heart.

Here in Cah lee fuh nee ah, a special election will be held on Nov 8, Ah nuld has a bunch of propositions on the table - One has really rankled the labor unions-

They have cops, nurses and fireman on the news ads saying how it will make it harder for them to keep their pensions, benefits, etc.

One line in the radio ads says something like, "I didn't think there were any dictators here in CA........"

Nope no dictators, Just idiots, like Pete Wilson, who ended up costing the state millions of dollars while the big energy companies laughed at us.

PROP LINK http://www.betterca.com/prop76/

momoffuzzyfaces
10-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Ya know, If George B. had managed to blow the hurricanes away, people would complain about his bad breath!!!

Never, in my life have I seen a president so disliked for trying to do what he felt was right. It's not like he sits up all night trying to find ways to hurt our country or people. That's the media's job! :(

janelle
10-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Right on Richard. ITA

But I hear you did not miss much by not watching Gigli. Heard it will kill brain cells. LOL

I go to a chat site and lots of them hate, hate, hate the president and the country it seems. You can point out where they are wrong but they just go on hating. So sad. Like they've been brain washed.

christa
10-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Ya know, If George B. had managed to blow the hurricanes away, people would complain about his bad breath!!!

OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that quote!!! Mind if I use it??? :)

Edwina's Secretary
10-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Well...I sure glad there wasn't any mean-spirited humor around when Clinton was in the White House...like making fun of his daughter's looks or anything or suggesting his wife murdered a close friend...

and btw RICHARD....you might want to look to another culprit for the energy crisis in Cali....can you say ENRON????? Oh no...that might be political....

Warren Harding managed to be elected to the Presidency. He was a failure. The two are NOT mutually exclusive!

Oh yeah...and I'm kind of curious. When you ridiculed Theresa Hienz Kerry's accent.....what was that??? She wasn't running for office! What kind of "spirit" was that?

christa
10-17-2005, 07:53 PM
She wasn't running for office!

She wasn't?

:eek:

Prairie Purrs
10-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Then there is the idiot that hands me a GWB joke that is supposed to get me mad......it's the one where GWB sees the ghosts of all the dead presidents in the White House He aske each of them , in turn, what can he do to make the country better...

The last president he sees is Lincoln...

Lincoln speaks to George and tells him to "Go to a play...."

Hmmmmmmmm, a joke about a president being assasinated????

I have a problem with that one...

---------------------------------------

It's the mean spirited crap that makes me wonder where the country is headed should we put the "other" party into power. If they are willing to joke about the assasination of a politcal leader, what are they going to be serious about???

Somebody e-mailed me the same joke today. Except that it began, "Hillary Clinton gets elected President and is spending her first night in the White House. . ."

So if the party in power thinks it's funny to joke about assassination, I guess it's time for them to go, eh?

JenBKR
10-18-2005, 08:30 AM
suggesting his wife murdered a close friend...

What??? I totally missed that one, what was that about?

MURDER is NEVER a joke, no matter who it is about.

I didn't like Clinton, but I never would have joked about his murder. It's a simple question of class, no matter what your politics.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-18-2005, 11:15 AM
OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that quote!!! Mind if I use it??? :)
Feel free to use it!

Looks like another hurricane (Wilma) is brewing, so he may still have a chance to blow it away! :)

RICHARD
10-18-2005, 11:19 AM
So if the party in power thinks it's funny to joke about assassination, I guess it's time for them to go, eh?

Yeppers,

Long walk, short pier.

Making fun of someone's accent, Hold on a second, I'll be baaack..

We don't joke about accents here in Cah lee fuh nee ah....everyone has one.

Talk to the gardener sometime!.

-----------------------

ES,

I'll give you some time to get caught up on Cah Lee Fuh Nee Ah politics.

It's usually the idjit that falls for the "Sign on the line" line.......In this case Pete Wilson....

Actually let's blame the pen! NO???

------------------------------

Hillary was thought to have had a fling with Vince Foster, who was found dead across from the WH.

Everyone knows that Hillary's weapon of choice is a lamp to the head. :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
That about as mean-spirited as it gets RICHARD. And btw...the lamp story has been told about so many first ladies I think it started with Martha and a candlestick!

And the mean-spirited gossip about Hillary and Vincent Foster....heal thyself...

And...while I brush up on my California politics (which NEVER get reported outside this state.... :rolleyes: ) I suggest you brush up on your Washington DC geography....

lady_zana
10-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Well said, Edwina's Secretary, well said. :)

RICHARD
10-18-2005, 01:41 PM
That about as mean-spirited as it gets RICHARD. And btw...the lamp story has been told about so many first ladies I think it started with Martha and a candlestick!

And the mean-spirited gossip about Hillary and Vincent Foster....heal thyself...

And...while I brush up on my California politics (which NEVER get reported outside this state.... :rolleyes: ) I suggest you brush up on your Washington DC geography....

FOR THE RECORD,

I disliked geography, Especially El Distrito de Columbia, any place with "Columbia" in the name has to be a little off politically.

I always thought the the smallest Clinton was a hottie. But then again, I am a male with a thing for redheads.......Did I ever tell you about the 17 months I lived with one????

Hoorah!

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I said "that it was thought"..

Was I being mean spirited??

And I think you are wrong about the Martha/Candlestick story.

It was Professor Plum in the Observatory with the knife. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :p

RICHARD
10-18-2005, 06:48 PM
So you all know that I am a person of Humor, Easily Amused and like to laugh as much as all of you....

http://gwbush.planzo.com/

This came from the "map thread".

dukedogsmom
10-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Richard, what a good sport you are! That is hilarious!

Lady's Human
10-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Richard, that is hilarious. Just for chuckles, I wonder what Mr Clinton's calendar would look like? :D

RICHARD
10-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Richard, that is hilarious. Just for chuckles, I wonder what Mr Clinton's calendar would look like? :D

LOLOLOL,

I bet HE never had any meetings scheduled with a man named SCOOTER!!! :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :)

DDM,

You HAVE to laugh.....There's no crying in politics...or is there???:o