PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions on Ghosts?

Muddy4paws
10-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Im just curious about how many PTer's believe in Ghosts or spirits? has anyone had any ghostly experiences? Do you believe in mediums or do you think they are all fakes?

I personally believe in ghosts due to my own experiences and due to what I was told by a medium who hasnt even met me! She told me a few things that shook me up for a while but I can seriously say she turned out to be right and when I was younger I remember seeing a few things around my home that others couldn't see.

So what do you all think?

sammy101
10-13-2005, 06:57 PM
I believe in Ghosts too. I'm not sure if i've ever had an experience with a ghost..some things i can't explain.
I LOVE watching those ghost shows on TV during halloween,after school every day it comes on :D

Muddy4paws
10-13-2005, 07:05 PM
It really is something that facinates me, I've been told that I got the right mind to see people/things but I'm not opening up enough for them to contact me properly, I've had dreams about my grandparents I believe that a way they contact me I know it would scare me now seeing someone but It wouldnt be a lasting effect I think it would be just a shock, When I was younger I remember my mum telling me to go to bed and my nan ( who passed away when I was little, I can remember the look on her face still today) was standing behind her laughing she always loved the fact that I was a little cow to my mum lol, Not many people believe it but I know what I saw!

My boyfriends house has something to it, When we are downstairs you can hear footsteps upstairs walking the length of the hall, It was a bit spooky at first but I'm used to hearing it most of the night.

I have to admit though hearing footsteps behind you on the computer at his house makes you kinda paranoid!! I can sense theres a presence there, like someone lookin over your shoulder but its never been a bad feeling and I've never seen anything, its mostly just the noises and the sense of being watched.

It cant be anything bad, that house had a lovely feel to it, its one of those houses that you instantly warm to.

just me
10-13-2005, 07:10 PM
I am a firm believer that there are good and bad spirits.
I had a couple experiences, after my grandfather passed, I think it was his way of helping me cope. My grandparents raised me from a baby.
They really were my parents. He and I were very close. I thought I would lose it when he passed, but some things happened that I totally associated
with him and I think thats what helped me get through it.
Call me weird but I really do believe.
But I also believe that there are bad spirits. Ive not had any bad experiences.
But I think they are there. I guess there has to be a balance, you know
Good / Bad. Call me crazy.

Very good question. I totally believe in God, and some think he's a spirit.
I definately will keep up with this thread to see the responses. ;)

jackie
10-13-2005, 07:54 PM
I don't believe in them.

PJ's Mom
10-13-2005, 08:38 PM
I would love to think there are ghosts. It would be really cool to think they are in my house. :)

Unfortunately though, I don't think they exist.

anna_66
10-13-2005, 09:05 PM
I have to say I believe in them. Not that I've really ever seen them, but I've felt and heard things that there's no explination for. I really never want to see one because honestly I'd be afraid:o

Flatcoatluver
10-13-2005, 09:09 PM
I belive in them

Kirbys Mom
10-13-2005, 09:33 PM
:eek: :D Its a topic i try to steer clear from since when i tell ppl about my experince with ghost they look at me and go, shut up your scaring me. but anyway you asked so here its goes.

Me and my mother can find ghost, i guess you can say. when know if a ghost is in the house and how many. My mother can tell that, and i have the worst gift (wouldnt call it a gift) but i can see them and tell them to stay clear from my area. i can send vibes that let them know this is my space, ya i know your think who is she kiddin vibes? but i know its sounds werid but bare with me. I have had a very encounters, i hate to say but one was threating and it was scary i still have nightmares till this day about it. Since i have moved so much every house has its own personality and its own group or one ghost in it. Well my first house had two little girls and a cowboy. the two little girls like to move stuff, they were always doing that which was not fun. Plus they were always laughing, i remember my mom rushing into my room one night and told me to stop laughing. I woke up and said mom i wasnt laughing i was sleeping. And then the threating encounter happened, with the cowboy i awoke one night with a gun in my face and him staring down at me. my eyes grew big and didnt know what to do, so i screamed and had my mother rushing in and him disapearring. Ya i know, wow how threating, but if you look about ghost they are usaully harmless and dont act like they will cause harm...well thats good ones. but he would be rated as threating even if he just followed around if i left my room to use the bathroom or something. My goal was not to leave my room much, he scared me.

Then i moved to condo and which only old people had lived in before from our landlord informed us. well at night you could here someone walk around the condo, slowly and it sound like they were usin a walker or a cane. they didnt do much but walk around the house and stand at the door way and stare at you. you know when you have the feeling your being watched, like the hairs stand up on the back of you neck. well that happened alot, after the old person watched you for awhile it would move on and stare into the other rooms. it was a every night thing, thank god i only lived there for a year.

Then i moved into this house, the house is about 25 years old but this house confuses me. there is someone else who lives here but it seems to hide, and does not only come out at night. it has day visits also. Well i live in the basment and everyone else lives upstairs. but there is back room to the livin room in the basement where we store stuff. well the ghost mostly stays back in the storage room but likes to come in the living room. it has its moments where it makes nosie. ya your think 25 year old house just creaks its not a ghost well your wrong. because i have caught this ghost but the sex confusing, i couldnt tell. i was coming out of my room to use the bathroom and there it was in the living room. creepy huh? now what would you do in this position? scream? hide? IDK but i was freaking out, i closed the door and pretended nothing happened and then a few hours later used the bathroom after i was sure it left. I know it saw me, but it walks around the house and itsnt just confounded down in the basement. i remember one morning everyone had left the house for work and school and my ride was late. so i was thinking ang sittin on the couch lookin at the window upstairs in the living room up there. Well in my house when you come up the stairs they creak every time you take a step. well what broke my thinking was the creaking of the steps as someone was coming up the steps. i was at a loss of words i screamed who is there. and then ran to closet and grabbed a baseball bat and ran to the stairs to find no one there and then my ride had arrived.

but as i said before i send vibes so the ghost stays clear from my room, i dont need to wake up to another ghost. plus another time, i went to my room to take a nap. after nappin for a few hours i went upstairs to talk to my dad, he asked "why were you slamming doors, for the last few hours?" I looked at him confused "Dad i was sleeping" and no i dont sleep walk.

And i have other talents than ghost seeing, i always can tell if something bad is going happen. i'm famous for that from my friends, if they are worried about something they ask me. plus i get dejavu all the time its really anoyying and after i know it i let my friends know. I tell them omg i have seen this before it mostly happens for advice or if something bad is coming. you can believe me if you want i have no gain in lying to you guys it wont help me sleep at night or something. so ya thats my point on ghost lol

carole
10-13-2005, 10:25 PM
I am really a non-believer, but keep an open mind and think well it is possible, I used to work in a Hotel and I lived in the Hotel when I was young, this Hotel now has weekend package deals and they claim it has a ghost, well I must say I never saw it the whole year I lived there, but hey its a money maker for sure, Clairvoyants, well I think some people do have this ability, but there are so many fakes, I had a telephone reading, and everything she said was nonsense, and none of it has come true, I mean how can you possibly tell some one there future by a phone conversation and knowing absolutely nothing about you., still it was fun.

CagneyDog
10-13-2005, 11:24 PM
I believe in them!

tikeyas_mom
10-14-2005, 01:14 AM
I believe in ghosts.. my house was haunted for 9 years!! we named him George... Dont ask. He never hurt anyone.. but he liked to steal things, move things, flicker or turn off lights/ or anything electrical.. he liked to knock on the walls, and write things in the steam in the washroom while somone was showering etc etc.. kinda creepy, I know.. I don't know what happened to him though.. One day he just left. :confused:

Muddy4paws
10-14-2005, 07:08 AM
It's good seeing everyones opinions!

Just_Me - I believe it was his way of helping you too, I strongly believe if you are left in this world then they care for you in their world, I know it sound strange but I've been told my nan watches over me and its a lovely feeling I wouldnt change it at all, So no I dont think your crazy I think your lucky to have that feeling of being able to still sense your grandparents presents.

Can I ask if many people believe you when you tell them? I know many people dont believe me but I guess you cant please everyone!

Kirbys mum - Omg I feel for you I would hate to see anything like you did, I can honestly say I havent and wouldnt want to see a bad spirit, I used to see a man and I used to sit and talk to him in this armchair for hours! my mum thought it was just me being young but she asked who it was and a few years later she told me about it and said the man I described was my grandad who I never met, she knew because he always wore a black leather jacket and had no hair, she didnt want to say when I was younger because it would of scared me, me and my mum are huge believers of ghosts!

Kirbys mom I've had another similar experience as you. In one house my mum was putting the washing away at around 10pm when she heard someone crying outside her room she told me to go back to bed and she will come and tuck me in when she comes in, the crying didnt stop so she went out to the hall and found no one there, she went to my room and she found me in bed sleeping and I was in quite a deep sleep apparently so she knew something was there, it happened twice, on the stairs too.

tikeyas_mom - We moved into another house and we had something like that happen quite a bit, it wasnt anything big and my mum believed it was a little boy playing around to get her attention, we had a big fish tank and the lights would be turned off by the plug along with the kettle if my mum was making a coffee or tea she woulc go to do the kettle and walk away to let it boil and then come back to a cold kettle lol she said she never felt lonely in that house! but yet again it was never anything to feel scared of.

Righht whos up for more weirdness from me?! lol I lived in this old house before the one with the crying from earlier in the post and I remember having this dream it still makes me so scared even today, I had a dream I was a little girl running from these men in uniforms and with guns (they were really old fashioned) me and someone in front was running through this huge poppy field to this big house which when I looked back it was the same plan as my house, I ran upstairs and hide in my cupboard and I heard a gunshot and then the cupboard door opened and I got shot. I woke up and I had serious problems sleeping for weeks after that because it had such an effect on me, My mum needed to look up some local history for her course she does on writing and she came across a book with showed an old photo of my house! and she read that it had poppy fields around it. Not many people believe it but even today it makes me feel so weird, Im glad we moved from there.

smokey the elder
10-14-2005, 08:59 AM
I think that there are unknown things out there that cannot be explained by science, whatever they may be called. I've actually had two experiences which reinforce this.

Almost 20 years ago a friend of mine and I went to the Bennington Battle Memorial, aka the "Psychic Center of the Universe." (It's an obelisk.) On the way back, it was dark, but very clear. All of a sudden there was this "fog" on the road which gave us the creeps, and my friend swerved to miss it. We called it "the demon on Route 7".

The second one was when I lived in an apartment. At the time I had two cats, Smokey the Elder and Mobius. They would stare at a particular place in a corner of the ceiling. There was never a bug, shadow or any other reason visible to me or my SO. When we moved to our house, they never exhibited this behavior.

Things that make one go,,,hmm.

Queen of Poop
10-14-2005, 09:19 AM
I absolutely believe in them. After seeing my mom's aunt (deceased) in our house twice and having my sister in our house between the time she died and my brother died (3 months) I am a firm believer.

wolfsoul
10-14-2005, 09:58 AM
I believe in ghosts. When I was little, I remember watching a movie in my basement. Something caught my eye above the TV. I looked up, and something was hovering there. It was dark, so I couldn't see what it was. It was just something small and black, just staying put in the air. Suddenly it fell on the floor like someone dropped it. I looked on the floor and saw that it was my aunt's lipstick. It scared me half to death. I sat there for a few minutes, holding really still. Then I slowly left the room and ran upstairs. I haven't had any other encounters since, but that was all I needed. Plus I've heard many stories from other people.

ramanth
10-14-2005, 10:23 AM
I Believe.

DJFyrewolf36
10-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Things have happened in my life that affirm my believe in something that people cannot normally see.

In our old apartment, we would hear the water turn on in the bathtub and would look to see who was there, and the bathroom light would be off, no one would be around and poor Remus would be completley covered in water! (he liked to sleep in the bathtub) The water would be off though, and I know Remus didn't just fall in the toilet because the lid would be closed. I also doubt Remus knows how to turn a bathtub faucet on and off. Stuff would get moved around on us and sometimes just dissapear without anyone touching it. Candles would blow out and re-light themselves and electronics would turn on and off for no reason. Sometimes at night, we would hear mournful laughing.

When we were moving, our roomate said suddenly that his back felt like it had been scratched. He took off his shirt so we could see, and he had welts from what looked like a whip! He didn't have any marks on him before we went over to the apartment. A statue went flying across the room, doors were slamming and opening constantly and even though the windows were closed, we would hear wind blowing through.

I'm glad to be OUT of there! The new place has a much nicer vibe to it!

I believed in ghosts before I lived in that creepy apartment...but what I saw there REALLY affirmed my belief in the supernatural.

gemini9961
10-14-2005, 11:04 AM
I believe in them, however, I have never had any encounters like some have mentioned here. I just believe they do exist. I don't think I'd be scared of one, as long as it was a nice ghost. Hubby on the other hand, terrified of them, lol.

lvpets2002
10-14-2005, 11:11 AM
:) Well I dont try make myself see ghost & ect. but I have been to some places & thought :rolleyes: what was that :confused: & then :eek: that is what I thought it was & then run..

Cataholic
10-14-2005, 11:17 AM
You all are scaring me! I had goosebumps reading some of your encounters. :eek:

moosmom
10-14-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm a true believer in "spirits". I spoke with a medium who didn't know me from adam and she told me things only I would know. I've had experiences smelling cigar smoke when I'm alone (my Dad smoked cigars) and the feeling of a cat jumping up on my bed and laying down on my pillow on top of my head (my RB cat Casey "Bubba Dude").

I never rule anything out.

popcornbird
10-14-2005, 12:15 PM
:eek:

I don't believe in 'ghosts' (as in spirits of the dead), but I do believe in Jinns. I'm not sure in non-Muslims know what a jinn is, but Muslims believe it to be one of God's creations...a species, that is unseen. Satan is believed to be a 'jinn'. I've always thought Christians believe in them because they believe in Satan, but I'm not sure if Christians believe there's a whole species of them. Maybe you don't have the same detailed explanation about them as we do.

We believe there are good jinns and bad jinns. God created them out of fire (like we believe He created mankind from clay)...and I believe they exist. Totally believe they exist. According to Islam, mankind and jinns are the only species that God will 'question' and grant heaven or hell to, according to their deeds. So...we believe jinns to be a species like us...unseen, smart, living in the world with us. It is a scary thought, but I do believe they're there. In fact, I KNOW they are there. There are so many stories about them. Sometimes they go inside people and possess them. We have a friend who's brother got a jinn in him. The jinn was basically inside him, and destroying him. He wasn't normal. His voice changed into a woman's voice, but when he spoke like a woman, the voice insisted that she was a jinn inside him, and she was speaking...not him. :eek: His lips didn't move when she spoke, so it was obvious it wasn't him. One time, he was at work, and all of a sudden, everyone looking at him started SCREAMING, and RAN away. He was confused. Later, someone came in and said he had suddenly grown horns out of his head. :eek::eek: Anyway.........eventually he went to someone who speciallizes in getting jinns out of people. I don't know how they do it, but the person he went to got the jinn out of him. He's been normal ever since. This story was related to us by his brother. My brother knows the guy and asked his brother what happened to him when he suddenly disappeared for so long...and that's what he had to say. Very scary...very.

Soooo....while I don't quite believe in the Western concept of GHOSTS, I believe in jinns, and angels, and of course God!!! So many unseen things that I *know* exist. We actually believe magicians that do crazy tricks that seem impossible have contacts with jinns...and when the object they are holding, somehow ends up some place else, their jinn helper is the one who put it there. We can't see the jinn, soooo, we don't see the object being taken there. Just see it disappear from the magician's hands and go somewhere else. I am actually scared of magicians because of this...as I do believe they have jinn buddies with them when they do their crazy stunts. I am scared to death of jinns...even though there are supposed to be good and bad ones. I know an evil one...Satan, tries to effect our lives all the time, but the good ones...well...you never know when you might see one. We do believe jinns have the ability to take other forms and be 'seen'. That means, they can take the form of a human or animal when they are really not that. I've heard of stories where people were watching a strange man walking, and he had bright red eyes. All of a sudden, he would disappear, and reappear. :eek:

Okay, I am freaking myself out now. My greatest fear in life as a child was jinns. If I thought about them at night, I couldn't go to sleep. I'm not AS scared now, but I do believe they're real. I really do. I wonder if Christians believe in them. Do you have the story of Prophet Solomon in the Bible?? I know there's a jinn that plays some role in that story, in the Quran. I will have to check it out later.

dogzr#1
10-14-2005, 12:18 PM
I believe in ghosts. At my old house we would sometimes see shadowy figures walking and hear voices at night. We knew it wasn't one of us soo we just called them ghosts. Also in a hotel in San Antonio there have been some pretty scary reports of what happened on the 7th floor. It used to be a hospital and the 7th floor was the operation floor. Many people have been known to leave in the middle of the night because all of a sudden that floor smelled really bad like dead flesh. Ewww, but all of us would like to stay in the hotel and that floor the next time we go. Kinda creepy!!

Logan
10-14-2005, 01:17 PM
I choose to believe in Angels. :) No ghosts for me.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-14-2005, 01:32 PM
I do believe that we survive after death. I'm not sure I believe people hang around haunting a place however. I know my dad came to check on me the morning after he died.

I also believe in angels and have had encounters with my guardian angel. :D

Anita Cholaine
10-15-2005, 01:02 PM
I do believe in angels and spirits. I think that when someone we love dies, their spirits are always with us. I never had any experience, but a friend did. She saw her grandparents at night, like in a white light, looking at her. Her sister saw them too.....

It's interesting that when her grandmother died, she stopped believing in God, she was really angry. Maybe they appeared to tell her that she had to believe, and that they were fine....

lizbud
10-15-2005, 01:56 PM
I think just about every race & culture has a word for spirits or ghosts.
They may call them by different names but the idea is the same. I've
never seen or hear a ghost, but I do believe in spirits.

Cincy'sMom
10-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I belive there are non-living spirits...ghosts, spirits, angels etc.

The studio where we dance has a basement that for many years we have had a haunted house in and hope to again starting next year. There is one particluar corner of the basement, that many different people (myself included) have felt a presence. When we have turned on the light (flashlight, as the haunted house is kept very dark), there is no one there.

A few weeks ago, I borrowed "dowsing rods" froma friend at work. These are supposed to help find water, magnetic fields, and ghosts. We took them into the basement, and as I held them and walked through, nothing happened with them....until we got to that corner of the basement. At that point, they began to rotate in my hand, and corss over themselves, to signify the presence of something. As I would walk away, they would rotate back to the spot I had left, and cross again, as I moved back to it. Several other people used them, and they react the same way. I can't garuntee that we weren't subconsciously moving them becuase we all knew the stories, and where we belive the ghost hangs out, but it sure seemed real!

For more information about dowsing rods (http://www.prairieghosts.com/dowsing.html)

Scooby4
10-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Well as a ghost myself... let me tell you of my perspective of you the "living". :cool: :p You know us ghost wouldn't have to bang so much stuff if you would just stop moving it around! Do you know how many times I have stubbed my toe on a skateboard?!!! Please tell your kids to pick up their rooms! :rolleyes: Also, why do so many living people want to keep their beds made up? Us ghost like to keep the blankets off the bed. It's just our "thing".
By the way, your dog does drink out of the toilet bowl and sleeps on the furniture when your not here! I try to tell them to keep off the furniture but they always bark at me! Like I am NOT standing there in front of them! :rolleyes:
I hate to "walk" and make noises on your stairs or floor but man don't you ever dust your ceilings? The cob webs are everywhere and spiders are scary!
Well, I better go... heard Elvis is in town... :cool: ;) :D

Lobodeb
10-17-2005, 12:17 PM
I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in spooks.....sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Do I believe in ghosts? Yes I do. My grandmother passed away when I was 17. I used to spend every summer with her before she passed. While I was there, every night, I would fall asleep without any blankets on, and she would cover me with her Dallas Cowboys blanket as a joke. I hate the Cowboys, and she knew this. I told her I'd rather freeze than use that ugly blanket. It was an ongoing joke between us. Well, after she died, I, again fell asleep without a blanket on. Wouldn't you know when I woke up, I had that damned blanket on me again? I asked everyone else in the house if they covered me and they looked at me like I was smoking the crack pipe!

I've had a couple of other encounters, but that's my favorite.

katienoonan
10-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Personally, I know there are. My grandpa passed away when I was 7 years old. When I got back from the funeral I was getting ready for bed(my parents were in the living room) and my light kept turning on and off by itself. Since then my lights will still go on and off by themselves on occasion. Doesn't explain anything but I feel its my grandfather. I also will hear crashes and loud noises from my closet and when I open it there is nothing missing and I find a coin on the floor of my closet. My grandfather used to give me coins when I was young as well. Strange I know, thought I'd share.

tikeyas_mom
10-19-2005, 12:24 AM
I believe in ghosts. When I was little, I remember watching a movie in my basement. Something caught my eye above the TV. I looked up, and something was hovering there. It was dark, so I couldn't see what it was. It was just something small and black, just staying put in the air. Suddenly it fell on the floor like someone dropped it. I looked on the floor and saw that it was my aunt's lipstick. It scared me half to death. I sat there for a few minutes, holding really still. Then I slowly left the room and ran upstairs. I haven't had any other encounters since, but that was all I needed. Plus I've heard many stories from other people.
remember when that vaccume kept going on at your moms house!! haha that was freaky

mruffruff
10-19-2005, 09:49 AM
A few years ago, my mother died after a long battle with several types of cancer. It wasn't pretty. She assured us that she was ready to go.

The day after her funeral, I was looking out her kitchen window when I saw three deer. One was a doe. She looked directly into my eyes and I got a very warm, peaceful feeling. I'll alway think that was Mom saying her final goodby.

Occasionally, my house will smell like an old person that needs a bath, even when I've cleaned thoroughly. My sister is sure my dad is "visiting" since he didn't think a daily bath was necessary. He died a few years after my mom. I don't mind his visits, but how do you get a ghost to take a bath? :confused:

wolfsoul
10-19-2005, 09:53 AM
remember when that vaccume kept going on at your moms house!! haha that was freaky
Oh yeah lol. That was kinda strange lol.

clarebear
11-20-2005, 01:40 PM
I for one BELIEVE in them cause I have seen far too many things not to believe.

My first ghost was in the school toilets (Now dont laugh) I was sitting on the toilet finishing my thing and I had the door open cause the lock on it was hard to open and was scared in case I was there all night (childhood scares huh?) so my friend was in the other room where we washed our hands and she screamed and left me for dead (if ghosts kill you lol) so I looked up and saw this bright blue ghost woman holding a book (I know what your thinking, a teacher right? WRONG) walking and there was a mirror behinde her and I couldnt see her!!!. So I got up as fast as I could and ran with my knickers down! LOL.

Seriously though it was the scariest moment of my life! I was about 10 and did I go to those toilets alone after that! lol no I didnt I used to go in the classroom toilets instead and I was so thankful to have those toilets there lol.

I asked a teacher if the school is haunted and she said yes and she said by a teacher who looked after children during the war and they had sheltered in the school during the bombings.

My 2rd was at a unit for people with disorders such as anxiety (I had a bad time with my ocd and had to stay there for 2 weeks). I was almost 16 and it was aug 1996 and I was awake laying in bed and I saw this alien like ghost with big orange eyes and green face with black clothings (it looked like an alien too me!) and it was walking over then friends bed and I just went under covers and tug my feet within my blanket.

My 2rd one is my beloved grandmother who I saw on the same day as she died! This was in 1999 and I was in her old room (I had to switch rooms with my bro after that) and I was sitting on my bed and I saw her sitting next to me and smiled and she put her hand on my hand and it was so cold.
I looked out of my window to try and think what just happened, I looked up to the clouds and in my mind I saw her walking and running towards my grandad and looking so young and pretty!!!. I saw grandad wearing a big brown belt and he was shorter than grandma and I asked if he ever wore a big brown belt which was so thick and she said yes he did!

I was so shocked that I phoned my mum up and my cousin answered it cause and I knew right there that she had died cause he never visits her old peoples home. I answered for my mum and he passed it on to her and I just said please dont lie as I know, she said in a shocking voice ok.

Miss Z
11-20-2005, 01:49 PM
I believe in them, me and my friend think that we have seen a few. We went to a cathedral on a school trip a few weeks ago, and we were looking around when I saw a side room with the door slightly open and i said we should have a look inside. We peered in, and heard a door open in the room but could see no opening door. It was faint, but we think made out the image of a lady walking across the room. We ran away really quickly!

A few years ago i was on another school trip to an old hall and I was asked to go and put a piece of music back on the old organ. I went in.... and the door shut. I was petrified! It was one of those rooms where all the old paintings seem to look at you and i suddenly felt quite cold... fortunately the door was easy to open so i got out OK.

Coincidence, or truth?

clarebear
11-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Here are some orbs in my room taken early this year. My house isnt haunted as far as I know. Nothing much as changed in my room apart from a bigger TV and a new chester draws.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb01.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb02.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb03.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb04.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb05.jpg

clarebear
11-20-2005, 01:50 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb06.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb07.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb08.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb09.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb011.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/clarebear1980/MyRoom_Orb012.jpg

Miss Z
11-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Freaky! I once saw an orb in an old victorian farm i think:rolleyes:

.sarah
11-20-2005, 10:48 PM
FAKE!

But I'm a person who needs proof. If you can't prove it, I don't believe it! And "orbs", unusual sounds, etc. aren't proof :rolleyes: There's always a pretty good explanation for those sorts of things.

clarebear
11-21-2005, 04:17 AM
FAKE!

But I'm a person who needs proof. If you can't prove it, I don't believe it! And "orbs", unusual sounds, etc. aren't proof :rolleyes: There's always a pretty good explanation for those sorts of things.

my pictures of orbs arent faked

Corinna
11-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I beleive as others too many things to not believe.

shais_mom
11-21-2005, 11:20 AM
FAKE!

While there may be a good explanation for the orbs - I don't think that clarebare faked them.

I believe in them but have never really seen one but I do believe things are out there. I have heard several stories about my hospital I work at being haunted.

clarebear
11-21-2005, 11:22 AM
I feel upset about this. I post some orbs with little hope of doing it.
This is why I never tell my stories of ghosts incase of someone says fake. :mad:

Im thinking of leaving this site...

jackie
11-21-2005, 12:39 PM
There is no reason for you to feel upset about that Clarebear, I don't think she meant you faked it, it is probably a chemical drip when your photos were being developed.

Kfamr
11-21-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't think the photos are fake, however, I don't think there are actually orbs in the photos. The lense could be dirty, the batteries could be low, the camera could be old. It's happened numerous times in my photos while using the flash. Things like those happen all of the time in photos, doesn't necessarily mean it's an orb.

LoudLou
11-21-2005, 03:09 PM
No offense but orbs can also be caused by light refraction on dust particles.
I'm no expert so whose to say your orbs may be true orbs or may just dust particles. Just thought I'd add my info on the dust particle thing.

As for my opinions on ghosts... I do believe, but I have rules... Don't show yourself to me. Do not talk to me. Do not move stuff... especially if I can see it move. Basically DO NOT scare me. We'll get on just fine.

The movie The Others really changed my thinking on things. Great movie if you haven't seen it.

clarebear
11-21-2005, 05:00 PM
I do realised that orbs are dust too. Im not one of those every little light or flash is a ghost type of person.

I do agree with the camera issues but sarah you shouldnt of said I faked it even if you do think it.

Flatcoatluver
11-21-2005, 05:07 PM
In the summer i worked in this place that was over 100 years old that was a museam that had people living in it. It was a historical kind of thing. I remember my first day working there i feld a push on my sholder and another time i went in a attic and found a door that lid to somewhere and i thought it was really cool, i noticed the window wasn't open and then when i was locking up and went into the room and the window was open. whats scary is that part is off limit to tourits amd we watch them closely. and i was the only one working that day. I mean I am not quite sure if i was imagining things, but whatever it was kinda cool.....

.sarah
11-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Oh man, when I said fake I meant that I think ghosts are fake. That was the initial question of the thread. I just replied, didn't really read anyone's responses. I didn't mean that your pictures are fake! I have pictures with orbs in them too, however I just don't believe in ghosts. :D

clarebear
11-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Oh man, when I said fake I meant that I think ghosts are fake. That was the initial question of the thread. I just replied, didn't really read anyone's responses. I didn't mean that your pictures are fake! I have pictures with orbs in them too, however I just don't believe in ghosts. :D

Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry!! LOL I feel so stupid now lol. I know what you mean though but I do believe in them, you have to see it to believe them.

Cubby'sMom
11-25-2005, 10:39 PM
I honestly try to steer clear of things like this. Just reading everyone's post has really scared me. My biggest fear is ghosts. I am a very jumpy sort of person, and alot of things can scare me easily. I'm not saying everyone is weird or anything, I'm just stating my oppinion on this subject.

dukedogsmom
11-25-2005, 10:48 PM
I love things like this! I think they're real and I sometimes wish I could see one. I watch Ghost Hunters on the Sci Fi network and Most Haunted on the Travel channel.

Laura's Babies
11-26-2005, 01:20 PM
I believe in them myself. Never have seen one though. I have a thing I call the "knowing"... I just KNOW things, sometimes from a dream I had or it just pops in my head and I know it is true. It mainly is associated with my family and them being sick, in danger or fixing to die. One of my most recent one was just about a day before Eddie was in that explosion. I had a total panic attack in my room while I was on the boat. I KNEW I HAD to get off that boat but didn't know why.. I didn't know if I was in danger or someone else was and I couldn't figure out how to explaine it to my Captain and then HE explaine it to the company so I kept quiet and stayed until I got the word and knew what it was.

Things I knew and foretold... My sisters first husbands death and how. My own sons death... My brothers death... My Dad being critically ill... (the night he died I woke up out of a sound sleep in the middle of the night, didn't know why but I got up and went and sat by the phone. It rang 10 minutes later.) I have had this since I was a child and now my family listens to me when I say "I have a BAD feeling about that!"..

Also when told my friend of 20 years had died in a house fire.. I went to cursing and said " SHE WAS MURDERED! That was NO ACCIDENT!". She was murdered and the fire started in an attempt to cover it up.

Cubby'sMom
11-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Wow, well maybe there is something special I guess. Ghosts and stuff like this are always my biggest fear though, and nothing can change that. I live in an old house, so that only amplifies my fears :o

.sarah
11-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry!! LOL I feel so stupid now lol. I know what you mean though but I do believe in them, you have to see it to believe them.
It's fine. Just a misunderstanding, that's all. :)

clarebear
11-26-2005, 02:53 PM
It's fine. Just a misunderstanding, that's all. :)

Im so glad it was just a misunderstanding cause I like you

Laura's Babies
11-27-2005, 09:32 AM
I find that people who have never experienced anything are the ones that don't believe. Some people are more sensitive that other people and you have to have a open mind.

I had completely forgotten about Mr. Smith. Mr. Frank Smith grew up a orphan and so did his wife. They never had any children. She died, then he got cancer. My best friend lived across the street from him and they became friends. She started looking after him and we all brought him into our family. Mr. Smith had a cat, a beautiful long haired calico named Jenny and he had made arrangements for Jenny to be put to sleep when he died but Mary talked him out of it, telling him, she would take care of Jenny when he passed away. Jenny was his baby, his child, his companion and he loved her dearly. Although she was about 14 years old, she was a happy, healthy cat so he left Jenny to my friend and left my friend his house so Jenny could stay in the house she grew up in. After his death, we moved in his house to look after his cat. Jenny slept with me every night and I grew to love her dearly too.

One night as I was dropping off to sleep, I felt something on the bed and I thought it was Jenny so I put my hand down to pet her but she was not there. The movement continued and it was the definate feeling of having someone tucking you in... the actual physical feeling of having someone tucking in the covers around me. I opened my eyes and there was no one there. I knew it was Mr. Smith showing his apperciation for me loving his baby Jenny. By morning, I had completely forgot about it and didn't mention it to my friend.

End of stroy.. Nope! Another night passes and we get up the next morning. My friend mentioned to me she she felt me tucking her in that night and it reminded her of her mother doing that when she was a little girl. I told her is was not ME and told her the night before I had the same experience! We both KNEW it was Mr. Smith just checking on his baby Jenny, and his dear friends.

Jenny lived about another 2 or 3 years after her Human Daddy passed away and she was buried in the back yard of that house.

Cubby'sMom
11-27-2005, 12:14 PM
I have an open mind, I just have never experienced any of this, and I don't think I will. And if I did I'm sure I would go crazy. To be honest I still don't really believe in ghosts. I suppose I believe in the thing that Laura's Babie's went through, but ghosts terrorizing and scaring people? Nope.

Canis Amicus
12-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Yes, I believe in the invisible world, ghosts, spirits etc.
The most recent experience was a couple of months ago: normally Rex sleeps in his own matt in a corner in the doorway. But that night he stayed at my bedside, on the floor. Now and then he growled (a different, deep growl). I couldn't sleep. Everytime I fell asleep he growled, as if something was coming near me and he was warning to not. Finally i dreamed with the demo, and woke up screaming. Rex then was laying down in his place by the doorway.

The dream or better said nightmare: I was working in an airport and someone was possessed by the demo and anyone that crossed eyes with the possessed, died on the spot. I decided to face the demo eye in eye, to exorcise it, in the exact moment when it turned its eyes on me I woke up.
Screaming to death.

Gives me creeps till today.

rosana
and rex

joanofark
12-04-2005, 09:53 PM
I beileve. I don't think I've never seen one before though. I think this one time I saw my cat laying on the floor in my bedroom in the middle of the night when I KNEW she was outside that night. Then in the morning, I got the news that she had died that night.:eek: :(.

My friends house has a ghost in the basment. There are two bedrooms, a family room, laundry room, and a storage room. I think four or five of the people in the family have seen it at different times.

The oldest brother wook up one night and saw a black shadow-like figure climbing up from the foot of his bed. He closed his eyes quickly then opened them back up and it was floating over him! He turned the lights on and it was gone. This has happened several times I beleive.
And the rest have seen it walking or floating aroung in the dark corners of the rooms.