PDA

View Full Version : OMG, my grandpa cut his neck open!!

Toby's my baby
10-13-2005, 05:09 PM
OMG. . I am freaking out right now. My grandpa -who lives in our yard in a different house- was standing on a wheele barrel or something like that, and fell of and fell onto a cultivator sweep, that digs up the ground behind a tractor which is VERY pointy ( picture below ), and it cut his neck open! It is so gross! I went out to give him his mail, and he had a towel on his neck, i asked him what happened because he has been getting in a lot of accidents latley, about a month ago, he almost cut his fingers all the way off with a saw. I am so worried right now, my mom is bringing him to the hospital right now. He NEVER goes to the hospital, when he cut his fingers off, he had me hold them on then put bandages over them :rolleyes: He refuses to go to hospitals, i am so glad he went. He drinks a lot, but never gets drunk, but that obviously makes his blood thinner, so his neck wont just clog up, so i wont stop bleeding. He let me look at it and i am going to have nighmares tonight, it is really deep, and you can see everything, i feel like i am going to throw up. Please please pray for my grandpa!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b301/BethPhilipp/cultivatorsweep.jpg

caseysmom
10-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Hopefully it looks really gross but they can just stitch him up. I hope nothing major is cut. That must have been really scary for you. I'll be praying for your grandfather.

finn's mom
10-13-2005, 05:13 PM
thank goodness he went to the hospital. i hope he is going to be all right! that must have been awful to see! :(

Almita
10-13-2005, 05:16 PM
OMG right when i read the subject on it it gave me the chills hopefully they can give him stitches and be ok!

k9krazee
10-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Oh my! I'm glad he went to the hospital...owweeee!

gemini9961
10-13-2005, 05:49 PM
It's very good he went to the hospital. With a huge gash like that it can get infected very easily.

Toby's my baby
10-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks everybody for you thoughts. I am going to go out and see if I can find what he fell on, and throw it so nothing happens. I am sure it is all rusty, becuase it was in our really old shed, (my grandpa was taking wood out of it when it happened) My grandpas clothes are covered in blood, and there are napkins everywhere his work gloves are now stained with red blood. . .

I will update you when my mom and grandpa get home! Thanks again!

jackie
10-13-2005, 06:11 PM
I really hope he is ok, and his neck heals up quick. :(

just me
10-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Thats so awful, Im sorry .
Im sending well wishes for your grandpa and you.

Roxyluvsme13
10-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Ow! Major Ow...Sending prayers and good thoughts to your grandpa! :( Hope he gets better soon! AND really good thing he went to the hospital!

Karen
10-13-2005, 08:18 PM
I am very glad he was able to get to the hospital, and hope they will fix him up and make him stay so no tetanus or any other infection sets in.

Toby's my baby
10-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks everybody. He is home now. He got a tetnus shot, and 19 stitches. The doctor could see his jaw bone through the cut :eek: yuck, im glad I didnt go to the hospital with them. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers! :)