PDA

View Full Version : I wish I wasn't so sad...

DJFyrewolf36
10-13-2005, 12:29 PM
I am feeling really depressed lately. Good things are happening, and I really don't have a reason to feel down but for some reason everything and everyone is getting under my skin. I don't know if I'm just taking things too personally or what but my husband has noticed a major change in me. I feel bad about that too, because I feel like I haven't been paying him the attention that I normally do.
Sigh...just wanted to vent a little

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Sorry you're feeling down DJ.

Since my thyroid is fresh on my mind these days....have you had your thyroid levels checked lately? Just curious because what you describe sounds like me a few years ago. Turns out I had hypothyroidism which means it's not working up to full speed and producing everything it needs to produce. Some of the symptoms are being tired and depressed all the time. With me, it got to the point where I was snapping at Terry for every minor little thing until one day I really wigged out on him. By that time I had already gone to the doctor, but the test results were back yet. Thank goodness they came back later that day so I could at least somewhat explain my weird behavior to him - and to myself! I would cry at the drop of a hat - and I'm generally not a crier. I was so tense and irritable that I wonder how anyone close to me made it through that period. Now with the correct thyroid meds, my levels are back where they should be and I feel so much better in general. I still get my days of feeling tired and depressed, but everybody has days like that.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw out what has worked for me. I hope you feel better soon. :)

CagneyDog
10-13-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry you are feeling down {{{{hugs}}}}

Randi
10-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Some people are getting depressed when it's starting to get darker, perhaps that's the reason. I hope you'll feel better soon! :) :)

DJFyrewolf36
10-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

T&P, I will definatly have my thyroid checked. That sounds like whats been going on with me.

Randi, I do notice that as winter approaces I get crabbier. Mostly because I HATE the cold! ;)

Again, thanks for the support.

christa
10-13-2005, 03:08 PM
I felt the same way, almost sucidial, until I started taking Sam-E. It's basically a natural supplement . . . a natural anti-anxiety supplement that you can find anyplace that carries vitamins. You might want to look into it. :) I get mine at Walmart.

RedHedd
10-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Some people are getting depressed when it's starting to get darker, perhaps that's the reason. I hope you'll feel better soon! :) :)
That's what I was thinking - it's S.A.D. (Seasonal Affect Disorder).

I have Chromalux lights in all my light fixtures. They are "full spectrum" lights which are the closest thing to natural light. They are brighter and last longer than regular light bulbs. They also are more expensive, but to me it's worth it.

moosmom
10-13-2005, 03:36 PM
DJ,

Alot of people suffer from SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder. It usually happens when the fall and winter come. That's also why bears hybernate.

I get that way too. It does pass, trust me. I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. :(

They sell lightbulbs at Bed, Bath & Beyond for SAD. It's like plugging in the sun in a lamp. I send my best friend one and she has it in a desk lamp. She loves it and says it works. They're only about $8. It's worth a try!!