PDA

View Full Version : I'll be gone for awhile

Dixieland Dancer
03-21-2002, 12:36 PM
NO I'm not leaving Pet Talk! I just won't be available as much for the next 12 days.

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that I am going to be gone for a little while. I got laid off from work for a week (company trying to keep stock holders happy at the expense of the employees) so I am going to REDECORATE! I will check in at home from time to time but not on a regular basis since I will be WALL PAPERING, PAINTING, and getting ready to have NEW CARPET installed! All that plus I promised Dixie and Dusty I will take them to the dog park too! Basically, I will be working harder at home than I do at work! SHHHHHH don't tell the boss! HEHEHEHE

Oh and just so everyone knows, it is a company wide furlough. I was not singled out which makes it a little easier to accept. They decided to do that instead of an across the board pay cut since this is temporary and pay cuts tend to be permanent.

Have a HAPPY EASTER! I hope the house is back in order for Easter dinner or we might just be going out to brunch! :D

Former User
03-21-2002, 12:41 PM
I don't know should I be sad or happy? Sad because you got laid off for a moment, but happy because you get (get to or have to) :confused: re decorate your house! And you get to spend more time with your absolutely gorgeous dogs! We will miss you but know that you are okay.

HAPPY EASTER TO YOU TOO!!!

Dixieland Dancer
03-21-2002, 12:51 PM
I am grateful I still have a job to come back to after a week so I'm HAPPY!

I have WANTED to redecorate for a couple years now and we have the money saved up just for this purpose. AND, I am glad I have the time off to devote to it.

Another nice thing is my son will be home with me since he is on spring break. I guess if you have to get laid off, then this is the way to do it! :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2002, 01:04 PM
You will be missed but enjoy your time off! Spoil those dogs a little extra. You know it will be a treat for them having you there more. Looking forward to your return.

aly
03-21-2002, 03:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your job, but glad to hear you have a little break :) If I were closer, I'd help ya out. Well you probably don't want me trying to redecorate but I'm an excellent dog sitter!! Hehe :) I was just watching the Golden Retriever Breed All About It and I need my fix.

tatsxxx11
03-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Dear Candace. Enjoy your "time off, your beautiful family and YOU GET TO DECORATE!!! What a nice way to kick off Spring! Happy Easter to you all and looking forward to your "return!" Sandra, Cody and Star

Gio
03-25-2002, 06:32 AM
Enjoy your time off! We will miss you though :(

Dixieland Dancer
03-29-2002, 01:09 PM
I'm Back!

I don't know where the time has flown too but I'd like for some of it to come back. I got some wall papering done but not finished. The store ran out of what I was using so they had to order more. I will be back to work before it comes in so I'll be finishing in the evenings. It was nice to have the time off to get some of this work done though.

I hope everyone at Pet Talk is doing okay. I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Easter!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-29-2002, 01:17 PM
GLAD YOU ARE BACK!
Sounds like you enjoyed your time off. We missed you though. Have a Happy Easter.:)

Former User
03-29-2002, 01:17 PM
WELCOME BACK!!!! And HAPPY EASTER to you too!!!

AmberLee
03-29-2002, 01:20 PM
Welcome home to Pet Talk! ;) :D

LoudLou
03-29-2002, 01:26 PM
Welcome back! How did the re-decorating go? Bet you had lots of Furry help!;) Glad you are back.

Dixieland Dancer
03-29-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
Welcome back! How did the re-decorating go? Bet you had lots of Furry help!;) Glad you are back.

OH DID I EVER HAVE FURRY HELP! :eek: For the first three days all it did was rain. EVERYTIME I let Dixie and Dusty out they came in all soaked and muddy! Dusty was the worst. He liked getting muddly so much he couldn't wait to go out and find the messiest mud hole. I finally got tired of cleaning muddy paws, bellies, faces, and legs, so they didn't go out as much. They were getting restless and Dusty decided to step in the wallpaper glue bucket!! I think I went through three large loads of towels alone!

So I guess for every two steps forward in the redecorating project, it was one furry step back! I enjoyed having them around non stop though! Come Monday when I go back to work they will be in mommy withdrawal! Or maybe I will be in puppy withdrawal!!! :(

sammi
03-29-2002, 09:25 PM
Welcome back - you were missed.