PDA

View Full Version : Boy, Am I Mad.

RICHARD
10-12-2005, 03:53 PM
I am not going to mention any names in this thread-so guess away.

A box came via UPS yesterday.

In it were some cat goodies-the one gift that I knew was going to be nothing but trouble was a palm sized purple plastic mouse, it has green eyes and a black switch on the bottom..

I turned it on and placed it on the floor.

When you touch it it says, "OH OH", the eyes flash and it goes in circles, making this whooping sound, right before it stops, it emits this wonderfully evil laugh and goes silent.

Until it is touched again.

The Edster LOVES this....He grabs it by the tail and flings it around..He does the "cat thing" too! He pretends he doesn't have any interest in it and then...WHAM..out goes the paw and he slaps it back into motion again.

At five a.m. this morning, someone decided to have a little fun.

THREE TIMES

OH OH, WHOOP WHOOP.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, HAHAHA..

LOVELY....

Now I have two sound effects to listen to over the long winter nights.

The bells on the Edster's collar and the Evil Purple Mouse....

Oh well, At least I know what he is doing when the EPM goes off..... :D :rolleyes: :p :cool:

aki
10-12-2005, 04:01 PM
LOL! My Chuck has a habit of slamming my bedroom door in to the doorstop over and over in the night. Why? He wants in bed and dosen't wanna jump up there. His highness wants to be picked up!

QueenScoopalot
10-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Richard...that's what drawers are for! ;) Or cabinets, the fridge, if you really want to put the evil mouse into storage the freezer.....or maybe you secretly like the torment? :confused: :D

AmberLee
10-12-2005, 04:35 PM
EPM = Evil Plastic Mouse or Evil Purple Mouse???

Thanks, your post has me laughing out loud!!!

jazzcat
10-12-2005, 04:39 PM
LOL, I love that Ed does the "cat thing"!

I think the EPM should go MIA during the night time hours.

lvpets2002
10-12-2005, 04:45 PM
:D Oh Richard I am still laughing.. Yup gota watch out for those suprise purple mouses with green eyes.. :p

Don Juan's mom
10-12-2005, 05:43 PM
I got one of those for Don Juan shortly after I adopted him. He tapped it ONCE, and wouldn't go near it again! :eek:

Maybe I'll get it out and see if Zerlina is interested in it.

Liz

PS: Got the mouse out tonight. Zerlina played with it for a bit, and got bored. Don Juan is less afraid. I fear for the night... :eek:

RICHARD
10-12-2005, 05:58 PM
FYI,

If I 86 the EMP in the PM hours, or it goes MIA, In the AM, I won't awaken to the FM radio.

More likely, it will be 1 P.O.ed Edster, looking for the EMP that has gone AWOL-

I know this is TMI, so keep it on the Q.T.

O.K????? :) ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Gosh Edster has you trained. Just wait until he is snoozing and 86 the mousie!

Or, take the battery out. Edster will think he killed it and it won't be as much fun (or noisy). :D

Soapets
10-12-2005, 06:38 PM
How funny! :D My Annie and Shadow are actually AFRAID of their EPM! I'll have to help them get in touch with your Edster so he can teach them how to kill it! :D

Deb

gini
10-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Do you ever notice how little it takes to get Richard going??? :D :D

The Edster has Richard right where he wants him!! :p :D ;)

Flatcoatluver
10-12-2005, 06:43 PM
omg i needed a laugh! thankis richard, ITs great to come to pettalk when you have a bad day

catmandu
10-12-2005, 06:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture263.jpg
Richard I know waht you mean,as Scrappy 2,will get up at 4 AM,nad start whacking the ball in The Turbo Toy aound,and around,and AROUND,she sure has fun with that Toy!

RICHARD
10-12-2005, 06:53 PM
And to think you all call yourselves CAT LOVERS.

Most of you went for the 'easy answer' - Hide it or put it away....

What good is a cat toy if I have to put it away?

I have to learn to live with it-
Not punish the Edster for a little nocturnal fun... ;)

gini
10-12-2005, 06:55 PM
and you are from California - the land of the easily amused!!!

Go Eddie!

DJFyrewolf36
10-12-2005, 06:56 PM
What is it with purple annoying cat toys?

My brother in law gave us this purple ball that laughs and says "Here kitty kitty" in this really annoying high pitched voice when ever it gets touched.

Remus looks at it with distain...as if it's beneath him

Onyx is too oblivious

Spook on the other hand LOVES the thing. So at 3 am when you're listening to the EPM going WOOP WOOP just take consolation in the fact that at the same time I'm listening to "Here kitty kitty hahahaha!"

momoffuzzyfaces
10-12-2005, 06:57 PM
And to think you all call yourselves CAT LOVERS.

Most of you went for the 'easy answer' - Hide it or put it away....

What good is a cat toy if I have to put it away?

I have to learn to live with it-
Not punish the Edster for a little nocturnal fun... ;) Now fess up; you're just upset that you didn't think of it! ;) :D

dukedogsmom
10-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Too funny! I think I'd be tenpted to hide the EPM, too. Doogie starts making his rounds about 5:30 in the morning for his breakfast. He's so loveable then. Ed will love you for his mouse.

Jessika
10-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Oh yeah my mom got that for our cats. Thankfully it ran out of batteries. But its REAL fun when they (and you!!) forget about it until they find it again at 3am...

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-13-2005, 03:22 AM
FYI,

If I 86 the EMP in the PM hours, or it goes MIA, In the AM, I won't awaken to the FM radio.

More likely, it will be 1 P.O.ed Edster, looking for the EMP that has gone AWOL-

I know this is TMI, so keep it on the Q.T.

O.K????? :) ;)

Oops, I am lost here..... :eek:

Lightning SuperCat
10-13-2005, 04:44 AM
Lightning had one of these, he liked it when it was on, and when it was off he carried it around. Then one day he dropped it in his waterbowl and now it doesn't work! :rolleyes:

Richard, doesn't it have a "OFF" switch? :p

RICHARD
10-13-2005, 12:35 PM

zsorry....

If I 86 (get rid of) the EPM (evil plastic mouse) in the evening, or it goes MIA (Missing In Action), In the AM (Morning)
I won't awaken to the FM (Frequency Modulation) radio

More likely, it will be 1(one) P.O.ed (Mad) Edster, looking for the EPM that has gone AWOL (Absent With Out Leave)-

I know this is TMI (Too Much Information), so keep it on the Q.T.(Quiet) O.K.?
---------------------------------------

I am sorry I wrote EMP instead of EPM in my post.....

The mouse was bounced around this morning and needs new batteries......

I wonder why?

RICHARD
10-13-2005, 12:38 PM

zsorry....

If I 86 (get rid of) the EPM (evil plastic mouse) in the evening, or it goes MIA (Missing In Action), In the AM (Morning)
I won't awaken to the FM (Frequency Modulation) radio

More likely, it will be 1(one) P.O.ed (Mad) Edster, looking for the EPM that has gone AWOL (Absent With Out Leave)-

I know this is TMI (Too Much Information), so keep it on the Q.T.(Quiet) O.K.?
---------------------------------------

I am sorry I wrote EMP instead of EPM in my post.....

The mouse was bounced around this morning and needs new batteries......

I wonder why?
----------------
LSC

Yes it has an "OFF" switch! But it just sits there and is not entertaining!! For me or the Edster!!! ;)

Soapets
10-13-2005, 02:54 PM
When you say "Boy, Am I Mad" does "mad" mean "angry", or does it mean "INSANE"? :D

RICHARD
10-13-2005, 03:13 PM
When you say "Boy, Am I Mad" does "mad" mean "angry", or does it mean "INSANE"? :D

Insane.

But you already knew that!

rosethecopycat
10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
We have a replica of your EPM here. Have had it for years now.
The little laugh at the end is especially disturbing.

It is ingrained in my head now, all I have to do is hit the mental 'playback' button and I can hear the entire routine...mocking....nah nah nah nah -nah---nah---incessant mocking.....hee hee hee hee.

momcat
10-14-2005, 08:46 PM
Groucho won't go near his purple mouse whether it's sleeping or awake.....