PDA

View Full Version : Are my priorities screwed up, or what?

Don Juan's mom
10-12-2005, 12:25 PM
After paying bills last week, I'm living on fumes until my next paycheck. Monday after work, I reluctantly broke out a credit card and bought the following necessities:

CAT food
CAT treats
CAT litter
CAT litter deodorizer

Yes, you read right. NOTHING for me, the one who works and struggles to keep a roof over our heads and food in our bowls. :rolleyes:

And how do the little fuzzballs repay me? Tuesday morning, Don Juan and Zerlina are engaged in their morning race-around-the-apartment-and-wrestle session. Zerlina leaps onto the kitchen table and lands smack in the middle of my bowl of Frosted Flakes and milk. :eek:

She then spent several minutes removing every last drop of milk from her fur :cool:, but left me with the job of cleaning up milk from the table, chair and floor, plus picking up flakes. :mad:

Naturally, I still coo to her, return forehead bumps, rub her tummy when she requests.... :rolleyes:

As I said in another thread, it's them that own US.

Liz :D :D

beeniesmom
10-12-2005, 12:38 PM
LOL. You know that we pet lovers would do the same.
Last month was a little tight for me too and I did the same. Go to the pet store and buy a bunch of goodies for my babies!
They really deserve to be spoiled you know! ;)

jackie
10-12-2005, 01:29 PM
But i bet the happiness they give you pay for all the minor inconviences ten times over. :p

Randi
10-12-2005, 01:45 PM
You know, I think you've got your priorities right! :D Still, Zerlina jumping into your cereal in the morning is not what you need!! :eek: But give them both some more headbumpies from me! :)

K & L
10-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Ha-Ha..think about when we rescue! $100's spent on cat food and getting them fixed. I don't know how many times we've maxed our charge cards out, and this isn't even including our own cats! :eek: :eek:

Felicia's Mom
10-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Your priorities sound just like mine. :)

DJFyrewolf36
10-12-2005, 03:48 PM
I just got paid today...and what is my first stop after dealing with bills?

The PET store!

Cat food and litter...plus a toy if I can swing it. I'd rather go without than see my kitties unhappy.

I'd say your priorites are right on target!

AmberLee
10-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Hee, hee. Did you really expect an arguement with that premise, here?

You = slave, clean up after and lovey on princess, aka Zerlina. Sounds about right to me! :D

Don Juan's mom
10-12-2005, 05:41 PM
I probably should have mentioned that the cat food was FREE! with a coupon.

Oh, it's all worth it. Especially when Don Juan beds down on my lap with the little kitty smile playing across his face. And Zerlina stops playing long enough for an ear scritch and tummy rub.

Liz

catmandu
10-12-2005, 07:14 PM
When I buy Cat Food,I never go to the Generic,or Best Before Aisle,Or Bargain Bin,the way,I do when I buy My Own Groceries.
I guess,that I love them that much!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Scan10007.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
10-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm the same way. I always spend much more on my cats than I do on myself. :) They're so worth it though because they always give me unconditional love and help ease the every day stresses of life. :)

G535
10-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Something called Frosted Flakes sounds positively degenerate (and delicious), Zerlina was probably trying to tell you something!