PDA

View Full Version : Nursery Pictures

prechrswife
10-11-2005, 07:08 PM
One of the things we have been doing to fill our time in waiting on our referral from China is to work on our nursery. I just thought I would share a few pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/prechrswife/Baby/IMG_1899.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/prechrswife/Baby/IMG_1901.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/prechrswife/Baby/IMG_1915.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/prechrswife/Baby/IMG_1917.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/prechrswife/Baby/IMG_1919.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/prechrswife/Baby/IMG_1921.jpg

Husky_mom
10-11-2005, 07:16 PM
what a beautiful nursery, so neat and pretty.

sorry to ask but are you adopting? if so is that gonna be her name Mary Joyce? and one more thing (if you are adopting) is her from China?

prechrswife
10-11-2005, 07:32 PM
what a beautiful nursery, so neat and pretty.

sorry to ask but are you adopting? if so is that gonna be her name Mary Joyce? and one more thing (if you are adopting) is her from China?

Yes, we are adopting and she is from China. :) Her name will be Mary Joyce for her 2 grandmothers.

christa
10-11-2005, 07:36 PM
The quilt & bumper & curtains are BEAUTIFUL! I never would have thought to have put silky fabric in a quilt like that but it's just wonderful! (I'm a quilter so you've got my wheels turning!) Did you make it??? The whole room just looks so cozy and ready for your baby girl!

prechrswife
10-11-2005, 07:45 PM
The quilt & bumper & curtains are BEAUTIFUL! I never would have thought to have put silky fabric in a quilt like that but it's just wonderful! (I'm a quilter so you've got my wheels turning!) Did you make it??? The whole room just looks so cozy and ready for your baby girl!

Thank you. No, I didn't make the quilt. I wish I could take credit for it. It is manufactured by Kidsline, and the pattern is "Heirloom." I have absolutely no talent for sewing at all. The quilt is neat because the triangles are all kinds of different textures. Some are solid, silky material; some are chenille; and some have eyelets in them. I wanted something feminine and pretty, but not too frou-frou.

Jadapit
10-11-2005, 07:52 PM
What a beautiful nusery! You did a wonderful job on it. I love the crib and quilt. I bet you are so, so excited for the arrival of Mary Joyce. :)

finn's mom
10-11-2005, 07:58 PM
It's wonderful! Mary is going to be right at home in there! I love the color of the furniture...very elegant!

luvofallhorses
10-11-2005, 10:40 PM
The nursery is BEAUTIFUL and I love what you're going to name her. :)

Laura's Babies
10-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Mary will adore that quilt.. That is stunning!!! She is going to love that room, not all babies have a room that wonderful. Your efforts are not wasted and looking great!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-12-2005, 02:42 AM
You obviously chose everything with a big bunch of love in your heart. My gosh, that room is sooo adorable; little Mary Joyce will feel very much at home, from the first minute!!
Oh, I can hardly wait till you post "WE GOT HER FIRST PICTURE !!!"

Logan
10-12-2005, 05:47 AM
It is a beautiful room. What a lucky little girl!!! :)

Daisy and Delilah
10-12-2005, 06:41 AM
The nursery is so charming. I love it! You did a great job decorating. I'm also a quilter and the quilt is one of the first things that caught my eye! That is such an unusual choice of fabrics used together. My mind is going crazy too Christa ;) Oh! the possibilities! The pics are wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Your little Mary Joyce is a very lucky young lady :)

prechrswife
10-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks for all of the compliments on the nursery.

(Just for the record, we are calling her "Mary Joyce," not just "Mary." :))

ChrisH
10-12-2005, 08:02 AM
It's beautiful. :D

catnapper
10-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Very pretty! I love the quilt! she'll be able to cherish that forever.

LOVE the ame Mary Joyce, and I love that you'll be calling her by both names. She is one very loved child already.

PS: Is that your old Cabbage Patch doll sitting on the little stool?

Cataholic
10-12-2005, 10:07 AM
WOW! Jonah wants directions to your house. He says his room isn't as beautiful! I have tried to tell him he is a B-O-Y, not a pretty girl, but, he doesn't care.

What a wonderful, much loved already, room.

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-12-2005, 12:01 PM
What a beautiful room, put together with so much love! Mary Joyce is such a lucky, blessed little girl!!

prechrswife
10-12-2005, 12:04 PM
PS: Is that your old Cabbage Patch doll sitting on the little stool?

You're very observant. That is my old Cabbage Patch doll in my old child's rocking chair. The new Cabbage Patch doll still in the box is an Asian one that we bought for Mary Joyce a few months ago.
:)

prechrswife
10-12-2005, 12:06 PM
WOW! Jonah wants directions to your house. He says his room isn't as beautiful! I have tried to tell him he is a B-O-Y, not a pretty girl, but, he doesn't care.

:D Too funny! :D

sirrahbed
10-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh Dusty - that is such a beautiful nursery!! I love the soft muted colors and that patchwork fabric with the touch of shine. It is just lovely :D

Samantha Puppy
10-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Very nice! I can't wait to put together a girly one. :P

Nug's room is still a work-in-progress... but hopefully not for too much longer. I'm going to Florida this weekend and my husband is trying to get together a bunch of friends to paint not only the baby's room/bathroom but also our bedroom and bathroom while I'm gone - like "While You Were Out". There's a LOT of work to be done - several layers of border to take down in each room and dark, dark paint to paint over and painted-over wallpaper in our bathroom so I will be VERY impressed if they're able to do everything he wants... I guess I'll find out on Monday! :)

prechrswife
10-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks, again, everyone.

Samantha Puppy, I look forward to seeing Nug's room, too. :) That is so sweet of your dh to do all of that painting while you get a chance to relax.

Samantha Puppy
10-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Thanks, again, everyone.

Samantha Puppy, I look forward to seeing Nug's room, too. :) That is so sweet of your dh to do all of that painting while you get a chance to relax.

I know! I can't even say anything though, 'cause it's all supposed to be a surprise for me. I'll have to put on an Oscar-winning performance when I get home on Monday. ;)

Anita Cholaine
10-12-2005, 03:19 PM
How beautiful!:) I love the colour of the walls and the courtains.....

prechrswife
10-12-2005, 07:48 PM
I know! I can't even say anything though, 'cause it's all supposed to be a surprise for me. I'll have to put on an Oscar-winning performance when I get home on Monday. ;)

LOL!!! :D

chrissycat21
10-12-2005, 10:09 PM
The nursery is so pretty! Mary Joyce is going to be very lucky! :)

kittylover4ever
10-13-2005, 06:30 AM
What a wonderful nursery! My husbands friend and his wife adopted two children from China. They have a beautiful family!! Congrats!! Can't wait to see pics of Mary Joyce!! :)

Samantha Puppy
10-13-2005, 07:20 AM
LOL!!! :D
Ok ok... how's this...

:eek: "OMG, how did you so much work in such little time? You are the best husband EVER!!!" <faint>

prechrswife
10-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Ok ok... how's this...

:eek: "OMG, how did you so much work in such little time? You are the best husband EVER!!!" <faint>

Sounds good to me! :D