PDA

View Full Version : Gmail autosave

slleipnir
10-11-2005, 04:44 PM
BEST INVENTION EVER!! Gmail now has an autosave function..it automatically saves a draft for you so if you close your browser/it freezes or whatever, you don't loose it all...I don't know how many times I've type a LOOONG email, then my browser closes..it's sooo annoying.

:D

Husky_mom
10-11-2005, 07:12 PM
that is soooo cool, i hate when you have to start over

Jessika
10-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Yet another reason for EVERYONE to switch to GMail. I've been with them for over a year now and no other email company can compare!!!!

If anyone needs an invite, I have over 100, so just send me a message with your current email address and I'll send one to you :)

Karen
10-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Yes - it's quite handy! I also have more than 100 invitations if anyone wants one.

slleipnir
10-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Yes - it's quite handy! I also have more than 100 invitations if anyone wants one.

Me too :o

AlleyCat
10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Sorry to be so ignorant, but what is Gmail ??

Jessika
10-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Sorry to be so ignorant, but what is Gmail ??

GMail is an email service provided by Google. Currently it gives you 2.5GB of storage space, but the number continues to rise (as a counter on the main site will show the current count). The service is invitation-only, but SO MANY people now have accounts, that getting an invite to join is ridiculously easy. If you need one, send me a message with your current email and I will send you one. :)

http://gmail.com
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/about.html

Karen
10-11-2005, 08:52 PM
I'll claify further:

Gmail is a free web-based email service. You can access your gmail account from anywhere you can see the web. It puts ads to the side of the window you see, but unlike some others (like Yahoo) it doesn't put ads for itself or anyone else within the email you send to other people.

It allows you to do a very good search within your emails, and is excellent at filtering out the little spam I receive to my Gmail account. After all, it is run by Google, a search engine juggernaut.

You can now also access it using your wireless phone service, too, though I don't use that feature.

AlleyCat
10-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Thanks, both of you! That is cool. I do use Yahoo and other email addresses (I've lost count !! hee hee) but this Gmail really does sound interesting. Wonder where they're getting the bucks to be able to host so much storage space ?? Perhaps from the ads that you see on the side ..

Jessika
10-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Oh its definitely from the ads, that's for certain lol. But I mean... its google... like anyone expected anything less??

PS: I PMd you back :)