PDA

View Full Version : Verizon DSL?

lv4dogs
10-11-2005, 01:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone used Verizon DSL for their internet connection? If so how did/do you like it?

christa
10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
We have Alltel DSL. I'm sure it's similar . . . they're both phone companies, right?

I really like it. It's cheaper than cable internet and it's so much faster than dialup. We never have problems with it either.

Jessika
10-11-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm partial to using cable connections over DSL, to be honest. DSL connections are effected by the smallest things -- weather (temperature, rain, thunderstorms, etc), whether you're uphill or downhill, how far away your house is from the provider, etc. Speed is affected by a number of factors whereas with cable the speed is consistant no matter what.

catnapper
10-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I klove my DSL. I am admittedly having a problem right now, but its weather related. A guy just left and got me up and running again today, but I still have to wait til friday for it to be completely fixed. This is the first time in the year I've had it that we've had any issues with it.

As for the promotion they are offering right now - $14.99 --- be careful. If you read the fine print, its only "half" the speed of their normal DSL. Right now I am running 1M speed... earlier today I was running 128 K because of line interferance. That means, right now I'd only be runnung 512 K instead of the 1M and earlier I'd have only been running 64K. Yikes... slower than dial up! I'm gladly paying the full $29.99 a month for the complete service at full speed.

crsvstang
10-11-2005, 01:59 PM
I love DSL, we got ours through Verizon, and never had any problems out of it.