PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing Story

lvpets2002
10-11-2005, 11:02 AM
I was in Pets Mart Saturday buying my babies weekly supplys. Of course I have to always view the adoptions & while I was standing there is when this Young Lady approached me & ask if I wanted to adopt a cat or two? I said what & she explained that she had to move & had four cats that needed to be given away. I said well I had six already & you cant just adopt your pets out like this. Then what makes you really :mad: was she laugh & said she had two of the cats for 10 years now & like no big deal.. Well I said how can you do that & why dont you look for another place to move to that will let you keep at least the two oldest ones.. She still smiling states well if I would not take them then she would get Pets Mart to take them & I said that might be best to talk to the manager.. Then I had a talk with the manager about what she told me & for him to let me know when she brings them in.. Oh & get this she had the nerve to state that in a fews years she would come back for them.. WHERE IS THIS PERSON'S BRAINS AT :mad: :mad: .. It just got to me & had to tell you all this story & due to it has bothered me all weekend..

moosmom
10-11-2005, 11:13 AM
lvpets2002,

That is what you call a STUPID, IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNER!!! :mad: :mad: That would've made me angry as well. "Come back for them in a few years"???? Stupid people like that shouldn't HAVE pets.

I'm moving to CT at the end of October and the first thing I did was to try and find a place to stay that would take my 4 cats. It was a very difficult thing to do, but I was fortunate enough to have a friend who rents a 2 bedroom apartment and the landlord didn't have a problem with me bringing my 4 cats with me.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't have been as nice as you were.

lvpets2002
10-11-2005, 11:26 AM
:( Can you just imagen how horrible it is going to be for those babies after 10 yrs to be put in a cage & not know why.. Trust me Donna I am going to be there when this girl brings them in & try for at least the two oldest..
Oh I could not even think of not taking my babies with me..

moosmom
10-11-2005, 11:43 AM
I could never think of leaving mine behind or rehoming my 4 original cats either. They are my children. What kind of got me annoyed was the fact that my VERY best friend from elementary school offered me her pull-out couch in her condo but limited my cats to justs MooShoo, because he doesn't shed. I tried so hard to find people to foster them till I got my own place, but as usual, no one (except for people on this board) wanted any part of it. Thank GOD for Mark!!

I'm still having a very difficult time finding a foster home for Parker. I cannot take her with me because she needs to be with no other cats. Where I'm going, I don't have a spare room where I can put her. I'm working with PurrsAbound to find other Siamese Rescues that may have a foster home available.

BTW, Parker has done so well these past 6 months!! She's put on weight, she's alot more friendly and loves sitting in my lap and purring. She still hates MooShoo's guts though, and the feelings are mutual.

You are a saint for taking in that jerk's 2 older cats. 10 years...:mad: What a jerk!!!

Laura's Babies
10-11-2005, 11:52 AM
She sounds totally CLUELESS!!! Come back in a few years???!!!! Like if someone goes to Pet Smart and adopts them, paying the fees, feeding them, having them vetted and loving them, in a few years she shows up and they are just going to say "Oh! OK, here are YOUR cats!"???? :eek: I DON"T THINK SO!!! A CLUELESS IDIOT!

DJFyrewolf36
10-11-2005, 01:49 PM
A perfect example of why some people shouldn't own pets. :mad:

Logan
10-11-2005, 01:59 PM
We were at Petsmart on Saturday, too, in our town, and there were more cats up for adoption through the adoption agency than I have ever seen there before. :( :( :( And they were all precious. I fell in love with one special girl, Daisy, who was such a talker. Scott was with me, thank goodness, or I would have spent the money to spring her, I'm sure. Her chart said she was timid with other cats, and that would not be a good mix for the two I already have. As I talked with the lady who was running the adoption, she said "two is a good number" and I know in my heart that she is right. One day, the timing will be better and I can get Butter the playmate that he needs and wants so badly. Mimi comes first right now and she is definitely at her "cat" limit with the bad boy. **sigh** I want to save them all. :(

carole
10-11-2005, 03:33 PM
These type of people make me so angry as well, they really do not understand animals, they simply don't realise or don't want to know that animals suffer depression and seperation anxiety, mind you one would have to be a clue-less moron to not notice these things IM0, extremely sad for the older cats, I always try to put myself in their place and think how I would feel if this were done to me, being animals makes it no different, I am so happy to hear that you will be there for these two mature furbabies, they are two of the lucky ones. :)

lvpets2002
10-11-2005, 03:51 PM
These type of people make me so angry as well, they really do not understand animals, they simply don't realise or don't want to know that animals suffer depression and seperation anxiety, mind you one would have to be a clue-less moron to not notice these things IM0, extremely sad for the older cats, I always try to put myself in their place and think how I would feel if this were done to me, being animals makes it no different, I am so happy to hear that you will be there for these two mature furbabies, they are two of the lucky ones. :)
:) Thank you Carole for putting the wording so well of what mine & all of hearts feel.. That just makes me feel better to have all of you guys support & I will note how it turns out..