PDA

View Full Version : What A Scare!

DogLover9501
10-11-2005, 05:13 AM
:eek:

Last night I went to the bathroom and I was about to get in the shower when I see eyes in the window(that's scary in itself). But then I realized that it was EMMA!! :eek:
The bathroom is downstairs(so the window is low to the ground), and she was in the backyard, which is fenced-in.

I ran out and opened the back door and called her, she ran in and ran straight to my room, with airplane ears.

I asked how she had gotten out, and my mom told me that my dad had the back door open for a while when he was coming in and out. Emma was always curious about that door, and she would look everytime I let the dogs out. I guess she got too curious.

I feel so horrible! Emma was probably out there banging into the fence(she doesn't know what a fence is, and has banged into it before when on leash). What if I didn't see her and had gone on to bed?

Then when I went to bed she came up and layed down on my stomach, purring very loudly and all was forgiven ;)

That girl needs to stop scaring me!

orangemm
10-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Poor Emma (and you!), what a nasty scare you both had. It was extremely lucky that you saw her in the window. Very smart girl, to look inside!!!

No more wandering, please.

Laura's Babies
10-11-2005, 09:17 AM
:eek: POOR Emma! I would have been like you and been completely horrified and sitting there thinking "what IF...". And at night in the dark, she had to have been in a complete panic, poor baby!

I never will forget the day Giz jumped at the screen in the window and it gave way on her. I was on the phone and kept hearing a cat crying at my door..... I thought it was Midnight (then)/Samantha (now) and just ignored the crys for about a hour. When I finally opened the door and saw it was Giz, I was horrified. It was daylight and she was scared to death of being out there. Poor baby ran in the house like a bullet when I opened the door. I know what a panic I was in so I know how you feel.

CalliesMom
10-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Poor Emma and poor you! At least you found her before she got out of the fence!

AbbyMom
10-11-2005, 12:30 PM
What a scare! You and Emma are so lucky that you spotted her.

catmandu
10-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Purrsonally I think that the Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad wanted to save themselves a bit of work,and told Emma to go where you could see her.
Thats lucky,that Emma did not panic,and go further away!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Scan10002.jpg