PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Air Races.

RICHARD
10-10-2005, 06:42 PM
www.redbullairrace.com

WOW!!!!!!!

Flying in a small airplane is like taking an old Volkswagon Beetle, turning the seats around and putting wings on it.

Now, go FAST and do Tricks. :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

joycenalex
10-10-2005, 08:47 PM
richard, have you ever taken flight lessons?

RICHARD
10-11-2005, 11:30 AM
richard, have you ever taken flight lessons?

NO!!

lol, I am afraid of heights..I live two blocks away from an airport and my dad would park us under the approach to the runway. I think I took after his interest in flight.

Also,
Flying is like Black Magic to me. I understand the nuts and bolts of it, but I can't see the science behind it!!! :eek: :confused: :)

RedHedd
10-11-2005, 12:57 PM
:) Saw them this past weekend in San Francisco - That was FUN! But the Blue Angels were even more funner! :p

RICHARD
10-11-2005, 07:20 PM
:) Saw them this past weekend in San Francisco - That was FUN! But the Blue Angels were even more funner! :p

THAT DID IT.....

YOU got to see the races?? That looked like a total blast..
Have you ever seen Sean Tucker or Patty Wagstaff?

I have seen the Blues ....I love Fat Albert.

http://www.blueangels.com/fatalbertairlines.shtml

One of the show sections is a Fat Al takeoff....

It is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

When they light the JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) tubes, which are just huge
sky rockets, this plane JUMPS into the sky...
When it lifts off the ground, the nose goes about 45 degrees up, immediately!!!!, when the tubes flame out the plane drops like its gonna fall outta the sky but keeps going...

RedHedd
10-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Yup it was definitely fun ... and Fat Albert :D the earth rumbled as it flew (lumbered?) overhead.

Don't know who Sean or Patty are ... sorry!

I just like things that go fast .... cars, boats, planes, motorcycles, men ... :p

RICHARD
10-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Yup it was definitely fun ... and Fat Albert :D the earth rumbled as it flew (lumbered?) overhead.

Don't know who Sean or Patty are ... sorry!

I just like things that go fast .... cars, boats, planes, motorcycles, men ... :p

http://www.airventure.org/2005/performers/sean_tucker.html

This guy is a maniac! I have seen him three times and he is incredible.
About halfway thru the programyou have to remind your self that you need to breathe to see the end of the show.

http://www.pattywagstaff.com/

This gal has two big brass ones.....I don't know that for a fact but the way she flies, it shows. ;)

Fat Albert does lumber!

king2005
10-12-2005, 01:29 PM
I use to hate flying. Then Rob started flying lessons. I learned more about planes & then Rob & Steve (instructor) took me up. I had a blast :) Then when I had to go on another jet to go to PEI I was just fine. For once I was relaxed & was able to do other stuff besides holding onto the seat hoping it would be over soon.

So you should try going up sometime. Its usually around 50.00 for an intro & that lasts about an hour.

RICHARD
10-12-2005, 02:23 PM
So you should try going up sometime. Its usually around 50.00 for an intro & that lasts about an hour.

I flew with an LAPD helicopter pilot, in a Cessna, who also flew acrobatics.
:eek: :mad: :confused: :cool: