PDA

View Full Version : Little Angel's big surgery....

catnapper
10-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Hi all, I just got back from the vet with Angel. I met Jen at the orthopaedic vet's office and we went in together withh Angel to see what the surgeon had to say about her widdle leg.

First off, she will need TWO surgeries. One operation this thursday (which Jen has so kindly offered to babysit Angel and drop her off to the hospital on thursday morning) to cut some bone and make the elbow joint fit as close to normal as possible. Thursday will also be her spay - a "twofer" so to speak! ;) Thursday operation on her leg is a BIG one. The vet said she'll DEFINATELY have arthirtis and pain associatd with her elbow, but the operation will drastically reduce the pain she'd have. Then at about one year old (6 months form now) she'd need to go back for another surgery to correct the bowing of her leg. Not that the bowing would be 100% fixed, but it would be "better" so that she could put weight on her paw and prevent serious osteoperosis (sp?)

The recovery form thursday's surgery is two weeks to remove the stitches then another 4-6 weeks recovery. I am PRAYING in the meantime that her intended family decides to not get her because by then their new little family will be cozy and happy... and I'm hoping they won't want to upset the herd by bringing in Angel. I know... selfish........ but honest. I'll have her another month-two months after the surgery. If thats all the time I have left with her, then so be it. I miss her already, and am couinting on auntie Jen to take pictures of her for me! (got that hint Jen???)

PS: I am having some SERIOUS phone and internet issues. I am hoping that this post goes through. so if you don't see or hear from me much this week, its because I am stranded in the non-internet zone! :eek:

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Will be keeping you and Angel in my thoughts and prayers!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Poor little Angel. But it sounds like the vet is doing what is best for her so she can live as normal a life as possible. Sure is good there are such good "foster" meowmies out there like you, Kim. ;)

jazzcat
10-10-2005, 04:42 PM
That sounds like a lot for a little kitty but she's got a strong will and I know she will do fine!

Good luck little Angel!

Laura's Babies
10-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Poor little angel to have to go through so much in her short little life already. Fingers and paws crossed for her surgery and healing.

Grace
10-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Poor little angel to have to go through so much in her short little life already. Fingers and paws crossed for her surgery and healing.

Couldn't have said it any better than this. Many prayers and good thoughts headed Angel's way.

orangemm
10-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Yes, this baby has been through a lot; I'll be praying for her and her recovery.

And, yes, I'll be hoping that her recovery takes (ahem) longer than usual (only for her meowmie's sake!!).

I don't blame you a bit for wanting to keep her...and you're not selfish at all.

CalliesMom
10-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Poor Angel! And as others have already mentioned, she sure is lucky to have such a great foster mom. I pray that the surgeries go well.

catmandu
10-10-2005, 07:17 PM
We are praying as hard as we can,that Little Angel will be all right,and that she soo will be as pain free as possible!
You are such a Wonferful Guardian,and I think,that Angel belongs with YOU!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture873.jpg

Lightning SuperCat
10-10-2005, 07:24 PM
We're keeping fingers and paws crossed that she recovers soon-but not too soon that she has to go away!!! ((((((HUGS)))))) and prayers for that little Angel and for you!!!!!

chocolatepuppy
10-10-2005, 07:33 PM
I will keep sweet little Angel in my prayers. :)

jenluckenbach
10-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Let me tell you, if Angel's bone doctor is half as good at surgery as he is pleasant, then Angel is in terrific hands. What a nice man. Very easy to understand and very perky, and very helpful.

Angel is still under the sofa in the foster room, so no pictures tonight. But she sure is a little beauty. :D

carole
10-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Poor wee Angel, you have such a lot to go through for a little girl, it makes me sad to hear but happy to know in the long run that Angel will be better off, Kim I am secretly hoping to that you get to keep her. :)

momcat
10-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Angel is such an extraordinary little girl! She has been through so much yet has come through like a real champ. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming for Angel. Keep up the good fight,Angel, everything will be fine.....