PDA

View Full Version : What a Nose!

Pam
03-20-2002, 05:43 PM
We are having a rainy day today and Bella has gone out twice and tried to dig under the picket fence in the back yard which backs up to a wooded area. After the second time seeing her doing this I went out to investigate. Here there was a FISH on the other side of the fence. Since we don't live near any ponds or streams I was dumbfounded at how it got there. It was about 3-4 inches long. Well I scooped it up in a shovel and disposed of it and that was that. Just found out that it was from hubby's fish tank! One of his larger fish died last night and it was too big to flush and our trash cans were up at the curb so he didn't know what to do with it and threw it over the fence. LOL! Boy has Bella got a nose on her or what! Bloodhounds step aside, Bella the poodle has a pretty good sniffer too! LOL! :D

Logan
03-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Bella!!! Whatta girl!!!! You don't miss a single thing, do you??

I think you need to come visit us!! Honey and Lilly don't miss anything either, so you would fit right in with them, muddy paws and all!!!

Logan

C.C.'s Mom
03-21-2002, 05:10 AM
LOL :D :D :D

Cookie's nose is also extremely 'fit'. She smells bunnies from miles away. Not very nice as I try not to encourage her hunting. But, I guess it's in her blood and you can imagine how my adolescent girl takes every opportunity to run far far away to find something tasty in the woods.

After I lost my patience and temper on Sunday when she didn't come back from the other side of the river where I couldn't get :mad: :mad: :mad: she now has strict leash orders!

Dixieland Dancer
03-21-2002, 08:17 AM
WHAT A NOSE BELLA! Maybe mom should think about putting you into tracking! :D :D

RachelJ
03-21-2002, 03:09 PM
Fish? What fish??? Where? What's a fish??? I wanta see.....

HaNNah

KidzNAnimals
03-21-2002, 04:08 PM
How sweet and its so adorable to envision her doing her search and "rescue" . she sounds too darlin'.

My lab loves to hunt everything out he can.. he usually chases mic ein the field in the spring and throws them about.. too funny to watch.

TTFN

Erin & Spenser;)

aly
03-21-2002, 08:27 PM
Search and rescue.. hahaahahaaha! And you didn't even have to train her for it, Pam!! :D

yorkster
03-22-2002, 02:51 AM
Men! :D :p

Pam
03-22-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by yorkster
Men! :D :p

You got that right Yorkster! LOL! :D

As for Bella doing "search and rescue" she would handle the search part OK but I doubt she would be doing any serious rescue. Several months ago I watched her eat a bird that she got in my back yard. (GAG) No sir, she certainly is not a rescuer at all. :(