PDA

View Full Version : Please remember the earthquake victims in your prayers

Logan
10-10-2005, 11:54 AM
The earthquake in India/Pakistan is just devastating, folks. :( So many lives lost and so many without homes. We have so much happening in our own country after Katrina, but these people need our thoughts and prayers as well.

Logan

king2005
10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
When did this happen?

Poor people.

Roxyluvsme13
10-10-2005, 12:20 PM
poor people sending good thoughts and prayers :(

popcornbird
10-10-2005, 12:41 PM
They're definitely in my prayers. :( Poor people. The people of Northern Pakistan are so poor to begin with. After this, now they are probably left with nothing. My heart breaks for them. Winter will be here soon, and in the beautiful mountainous area where the quake hit, it snows a LOT. Now that they have no shelter, things will be difficult. :( They don't have the resources that natural disaster victims in the US would have, so its a horrible situation for many. 20,000 have been killed, and I read somewhere that in Kashmir alone, the death toll is estimated 30,000...but it isn't confirmed yet. They're clueless about the toll in remote towns in the mountains. I so badly wish I could go there and help. 'sigh' The world has been having such CRAZY natural disasters lately. First the tsunami, then Katrina, now this earthquake. Very worrisome. May God protect us all, and help those who are suffering. I wonder if the end of the world is near. :(

Logan
10-10-2005, 02:33 PM
When did this happen?

Poor people.

It happened over the weekend (Saturday). Any news site will give you the updates on it. It is a terribly sad situation, as Popcornbird said. :(

finn's mom
10-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Logan, how thoughtful of you to post this...this world is just being shaken so much lately...

sammy101
10-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Yes i've been thinking of them,its just so terrible for this to happen :(

sandragonfly
10-10-2005, 07:02 PM
oh my gosh.. 20,000 - 30,000?!! I missed so much.. :( :(

of course, all affected, sick, helpless, worried people are in my thoughts & prayers!!

does anybody know fur toll? I pray it's not as much as humans.. :(

slick
10-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Just now, I finally got a chance to watch our local news and view a piece on this tragedy. Yes Gina, those are the numbers that were quoted. Throughout the whole news story they showed grieving families and pictures of survivors being pulled from the ruins. However, the comment that really did me in was the fact that a school was hit so bad that all the children under it's roof perished......innocent children and the next generation. The picture that accompanied it showed a child all covered up except the legs and feet with shoes on were visible. My tears are flowing for everyone affected by this. :( :( :( I'll will keep them all in my prayers.

This year has been pure hell as far as natural disasters go and I pray that 2006 will be better.

Edit: Just heard the news again and there is one person there who has lost 15 family members. Can you imagine??? :(

sandragonfly
10-10-2005, 08:33 PM
posted by slick
The picture that accompanied it was showing a child all covered up except the legs and feet with shoes on were showing.

:( my heart is crying.. I have no cable, so am praying from this thread.. :(

Flatcoatluver
10-10-2005, 09:22 PM
omg i havn't even herad about a earthquake!!! MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE ON THE WAY! 15 family members omg ahhhhhhh! that is really sad :(

Logan
10-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Hard as it is sometimes, because of all the political mess, people really do need to follow the news, through the television, radio, internet or newspaper. I actually learned of this disaster on the internet on Saturday, through an MSN headline (MSN is my homepage). I mentioned in Sunday School, yesterday, that we should pray for the earthquake victims and probably half the class said "what earthquake?". This is a shame! Did these same people not know that Hurricane Katrina wreaked the havoc it brought to this country?

king2005
10-10-2005, 10:19 PM
I watch the news every morning during the week. But on weekends I'm not home 1/2 the time.

Logan
10-10-2005, 10:34 PM
I did not mean to put anyone on the defensive, here. I'm sorry if I did that. It is just that this is an enormous tragedy that affects human life and I think we all need to be in tune to what is happening in our world. :(

popcornbird
10-10-2005, 11:30 PM
We finally got in contact with some of our friends in Islamabad. Thank God they're all okay!!! They said it was a HORRIBLE experience. :( So many villages have been completely wiped out. It is so heartbreaking...so so heartbreaking. I was watching the videos on CNN, and in one of them, they showed several people in prayer, praying to God. It touched me so deeply to see the faith of those affected. After losing so much of their own family, they still have this deeply embedded faith, that God will help them through. It is also so touching to see how peacefully the victims are reacting to this. Kinda amazing...this is not something easy to deal with at all. :( I so badly want to help out...just as we all helped the Katrina victims. This is bringing me such grief. Poor, poor Pakistan. I hope those poor people can get enough shelter/warmth before winter arrives and it starts snowing. :(

slick
10-10-2005, 11:43 PM
PCB....I give thanks to God that your friends are OK.

Logan
10-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Me too, Popcornbird. :(