PDA

View Full Version : LOTS of new pets!

dab_20
10-09-2005, 09:31 PM
i got new pets at an auction! 3 cockateils (one is a baby, so its neck is bald LOL), a goat (pygmy baby goat named black jack), a hedge hog (see 'hedge hog food' thread), some peacocks, pheasents, chickens, and my favorite, a donkey! :D

actually its not MY donkey. my dads friend got him, but doesnt have a barn, so it has to stay at my house for the winter. his head is up to my shoulder. i groom him and walk him and everything. his name is jack. he looks just like the donkey on shrek. hes soooo nice and LOVES to be brushed. he isnt broke though. the previous owner neglected his hooves VERY BADLY. they havent been clipped probably for a few years. they are about double the length they should be and they are starting to curl. the farrier is coming this week. its so sad anyone could neglect this little guy so badly. :( pictures coming soon!

Flatcoatluver
10-09-2005, 09:46 PM
congrats can't wait to see pics

dab_20
10-09-2005, 09:56 PM
thanks!

Giselle
10-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Wait, you have a cockatiel chick??? Has this chick been weaned yet? If not, you better hurry to the avian vet and DEMAND they show you how to handfeed. *sighs* I never liked auctions :(

buttercup132
10-10-2005, 06:16 AM
ya you have to feed the baby special formula

dab_20
10-10-2005, 07:49 AM
yes, the baby is old enough to be weaned. it has most of its feathers, just fur on its head and bald on its neck. lol... it is almost the same size as a full grown cockatiel too. we save animals from auctions and give them new homes. :)

crazy_caique
10-10-2005, 03:04 PM
do you run a resuce or something?

k9krazee
10-10-2005, 03:24 PM
You seem to have new pets everyday! ;) :D Can't wait to see pics...especially of the goat...I wish I could have a goat!!!!

dab_20
10-10-2005, 03:35 PM
no not really a rescue, because we keep most of our animals. well we got a goat because our other goat (buddy) needed a friend.... he never stopped ba-ing. we didnt exactly plan to get a donkey, my dad friend just needs a barn for it for the winter. we dont even have a fenced-in pasture. so he is either tied up outside, leaded, or stays in the barn. we have all the fence posts in, we just need the fencing. i will put the pics up once my dad emails them to me :)

if you wanna know what all pets i have, this is everything. chickens, a few ducks, a turkey, gold, silver, and yellow pheasants, pied peacocks, 2 goats, a donkey, a cat, 5 cockatiels, 3 rabbits and 7 babies, and a hedge hog. (and my toy poodle mix at my moms)and to think- all those pets (except the hedge hog, rabbits, and cockateils) live together in a barn in peace!
my dad lives alone, so its good company when im not there:)

tikeyas_mom
10-11-2005, 01:27 AM
they all live in a barn?

dab_20
10-11-2005, 07:55 AM
yep... we let them all out in the day to go out and eat bugs in stuff. we are gating part of our barn off just for the donkey this week. the rabbits stay in the tack room where its warm.